Hello there, glad you like the look so far.

The lock screen wallpaper will probably always be locked, that is, unless RIM releases an update to the theme development software that allows us to make it user customizable.

As for the dock, that is pretty much here to stay. Going forward, I'm eliminating Glass/Classic from the assortment and pushing AppleBerry 2.0, which will use a standardized "look" but vary in terms of features. The dock is still around in 2.0. (=
    So when should we be expecting 2.0?
    11-22-09 10:16 AM
    I love this theme!

but i have a huge memory leak when using this theme. I start at 20mb free and I'm under 12 within a few hours. I have
    328 (official VZW OS on my Storm) and was wondering if this leak is due to the 5.0 OS or what...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

If you're only booting up with 20MB free, I'm not surprised you're getting a memory leak. =P

On a bad day, I would boot with 32MB+, a lot of users boot with close to, or over 50MB.

The 5.0 OS is not as good on memory as previous iterations of OS 4.7 were, particularly OS 4.7.0.151, but the more memory you can start with, generally the less of a leak you end up having.

Personally, if I were you, I would back up my device, format it, reload the 5.0 OS, but only restore your contact list and messages. This will provide you with a clean slate, from there, load applications as you need them and your memory leak will be greatly reduced.

It's also worth pointing out that just because your memory number is getting lower, it doesn't mean that performance is going to suffer accordingly. I often ran my device for days at a time with 1MB free on my device, no problems. I know with the new OS it prompts you when memory reaches those levels, but I wouldn't let it alarm you. Personally, I would reboot my device every morning, or use QuickPull and schedule a reboot at like 4:30AM every day, I never had a problem with memory.

This isn't meant to be a cop-out answer, I always try to make AppleBerry as memory friendly as possible, but the Storm is always a mixed-bag as you move from device to device.
    11-22-09 10:17 AM
    So when should we be expecting 2.0?
    I have it running on a Storm 2 right now, I'm extremely happy with it, but it's pre-beta, I spent 12 hours on Friday creating it because I wanted something fresh for my Storm 2. Unfortunately due to the huge amount of work I have to do (final graduating semester), I won't be getting it released until mid-late December.

Storm 1 support is also iffy at this point, not saying it won't happen, but I'm not in love with the idea of supporting a device when people are booting with 20 MB. It just means a lot more time spent doing customer support, already 80% of my customer emails are regarding the Storm 1, and the only negative reviews I ever get are related to memory issues.

I haven't dropped a single MB with the Storm 2, and I booted with 125MB free. =P

I should have pics up way sooner than that though!
    11-22-09 10:24 AM
    Maybe I'm dense or not following the right link, but when I download the free Classic theme, I'm getting version 1.0, not 1.2. The version 1.0 iteration doesn't seem to support 5.0 correctly (e.g. rotating to landscape mode the wallpaper isn't correct). Can somebody point me to the 1.2 download?
    The front page has been updated with new links for OS 4.7 (still version 1.1), and OS 5.0 (version 1.2).

Enjoy!
    11-22-09 10:25 AM
    Thanks a bunch! I decided to stop freeloading and buy the full version. :-)
    11-22-09 10:48 AM
    sickkkkkk theme!!!!
    11-22-09 05:57 PM
    Hello, I donated to you a while ago for your work on the glass theme. I was using it for what seems forever with my storm1... I would like the updated version for my new baby. Do I need to buy it from crackberry, or am a still eligible for an upgrade? I have the original email you sent with the versions links etc if you need.
    11-23-09 09:29 PM
    That was my theme of choice. Is it still in the suite with the update for use with OS 5.0?

Additionally have the enhanced gmail icons been themed as well?

Thanks.
    11-25-09 10:57 AM
    heyy sorry its a late and dated reply.
    ive downloaded the appleberry8 for my storm and installed it. restarted teh handheld. but now the ringtones for messages and text messages don't play? is there a fix for this? or have i downloaded the wrong one for my storm?

edit to say im using 4.7
    Last edited by peshman; 12-02-09 at 08:19 PM.
    12-02-09 08:17 PM
    I have the 5.0 compatible Glass version on my S2 and am wondering why I don't have a landscape home screen?
    Last edited by Bigdaystingo1; 12-05-09 at 03:33 PM.
    12-05-09 03:18 PM
    This theme rocks!

Hastings,

Is this compatible with my Tour?
    12-06-09 06:19 PM
    Hey guys having problems with the version 1.2 (free) for the 8900 firmware 5.0

Just want to know if this version works with a leaked OS5 version?
    if so is there a way how to install it as i have done so on several occasions and till now no themes in my themes list! i uninstalled it and retried also still nothin... i tried the older classic version and it works on my OS5.0.0.411.

HELP!!
    12-11-09 11:02 AM
    I just installed the Glass 5.0 wih today and weather and my Browser has no icon. the space for the Internet browser just remains blank with "Internet Browser" written below it in landscape mode and just a blank space in the home screen. Did the theme defaults, battery pull, selected all four options in the theme option, but none of it worked. There is a "Vodafone Live" icon also which is essentially the same as the browser and it has no icon either. i tried to remove the vodafone live app but its not an app just a browser config here is my info:
    BB 9530
    v5.0.0.328
    Appleberry Classic TWB Version 1.2
    P.S. new to BB customization so a side question. how do i increase the startup memory to say 32mb
    12-12-09 01:58 AM
    looks great I love it. made other Storm users jealous. I was wondering if you're going to do the keyboard. Maybe changing the SMS/MMS icon to the bubble one. Other than that it looks fantastic. Great job.

Oh, I can't get the weather installed when I cut and paste the link and then send it to my phone. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by jquest68; 12-13-09 at 05:23 PM.
    12-13-09 05:20 PM
    Hey Andrew I purchased this theme from you, and love it! Just 1 problem though my 8900 got messed up and my carrier replaced my phone.. how do I transfer the theme to my new phone? I was having issues with buying it so you just sent me an email with all the OTA links after you got the money.. can you please help?
    12-13-09 05:21 PM
    Hastings, I'm willing to donate/pay for this theme if you could make for pearl users ..
    12-14-09 08:33 PM
    I just installed the Glass 5.0 wih today and weather and my Browser has no icon. the space for the Internet browser just remains blank with "Internet Browser" written below it in landscape mode and just a blank space in the home screen. Did the theme defaults, battery pull, selected all four options in the theme option, but none of it worked. There is a "Vodafone Live" icon also which is essentially the same as the browser and it has no icon either. i tried to remove the vodafone live app but its not an app just a browser config here is my info:
    BB 9530
    v5.0.0.328
    Appleberry Classic TWB Version 1.2
    P.S. new to BB customization so a side question. how do i increase the startup memory to say 32mb
    Hey there,

Very sorry about the delay. I've only been able to keep up with email questions while studying and writing finals.

I believe I know what the problem is with regard to your disappearing browser icon, and I don't think it's something that I can fix until I release AppleBerry 2.0.

If you like, you can send me an email: ahasting at ryerson dot ca

I can either issue you a refund, or I can set you up with a free upgrade to AppleBerry 2.0 when it's released in the next couple of weeks.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Andrew
    12-14-09 08:38 PM
    looks great I love it. made other Storm users jealous. I was wondering if you're going to do the keyboard. Maybe changing the SMS/MMS icon to the bubble one. Other than that it looks fantastic. Great job.

Oh, I can't get the weather installed when I cut and paste the link and then send it to my phone. Am I doing something wrong?
    Happy to hear that you like it so far.

The keyboard cannot be skinned, it just isn't possible, and I will investigate changing the SMS/MMS icon for the new AppleBerry 2.0 release this December. (=

There are a variety of weather applications available for the BlackBerry platform, try and get WeatherEye if you can, it's free, and I prefer it over others. (I've also heard good things about SimpleWeather)
    12-14-09 08:39 PM
    Hey Andrew I purchased this theme from you, and love it! Just 1 problem though my 8900 got messed up and my carrier replaced my phone.. how do I transfer the theme to my new phone? I was having issues with buying it so you just sent me an email with all the OTA links after you got the money.. can you please help?
    Hey there,

Send me an email: ahasting at ryerson dot ca

I can send you the OTA links again, or you can log back into MobiHand and download the .zip file for AppleBerry, check out the instructions, and email yourself the OTA links that are in there. (or again, just email me)
    12-14-09 08:40 PM
    Hastings, I'm willing to donate/pay for this theme if you could make for pearl users ..
    When I release AppleBerry 2.0 in December for the Storm, I'm planning on supporting the full line of BlackBerry devices in the new year. Hang tight. (=
    12-14-09 09:04 PM
    is there a release date for appleberry 2.0? i can't wait!!!
    12-15-09 11:31 PM
    or screenshots?
    12-15-09 11:33 PM
    Honestly, it's almost 2 am and I'm still up studying for my last final that I'm writing in 48 hours. After Thursday night I will make a concerted effort to not only finish 2.0, but I'll get some screenshots up as well. (=
    12-16-09 12:39 AM
    When I release AppleBerry 2.0 in December for the Storm, I'm planning on supporting the full line of BlackBerry devices in the new year. Hang tight. (=
    That's wonderful news to hear! I wish all the great individuals making themes wouldn't abandon the Pearl 81xx users. There's still a lot of us out there, and new themes for the Pearl have all but died out completely. In any event, great to hear that you're planning on supporting the 81xx devices.

On a side note, would it be possible for you to teach me how to do the "stack" feature? I'd like to try incorporating that feature into a "Bold-like" theme which I've designed for my Pearl.

Feel free to PM me!
    12-16-09 03:08 PM
    Hey guys having problems with the version 1.2 (free) for the 8900 firmware 5.0

Just want to know if this version works with a leaked OS5 version?
    if so is there a way how to install it as i have done so on several occasions and till now no themes in my themes list! i uninstalled it and retried also still nothin... i tried the older classic version and it works on my OS5.0.0.411.

HELP!!
    Mr Hastings sir please dont ignore me.... can u address my issue with the theme please?
    I know u av exams an all but wen u get the chance i will gladly appreciate it!
    12-17-09 03:48 PM
10,775 ... 421422423424425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD