Hey all. This is my first post, but I have been following the forums for quite sometime. Appleberry is the only theme I use. I have tried others, but always come back to this one. Great job Andrew! Anyways, I just wanted to let those having trouble with memory leaks know that I have been running .148 since it was leaked and it has been great with leaks and battery life. I boot up with around 42 MB and at the end of a typical day only dip to 30 or so. I also only have to charge my storm once every other day or so. So, for those having issues with memory, try .148. It has been the best OS so far for me
    05-27-09 01:06 PM
    i tried emailing andrew for the new v1.3 because i never received my update from 1.2. can you email me is sruel3216 at yahoo dot com.

it wouldnt let me send you a pm because i am new to the forum

thanks
    05-27-09 02:17 PM
    I'm running Glass 1.3 (and OS .148) & not noticing a significant leak. There are times when I'll drop down into the teens, but unless you see your phone being adverseley affected w/lags, I wouldn't worry about it. The Appleberry suites are among the nicest (and cleanest) available- continued nice work, Andrew!
    05-27-09 02:28 PM
    I love the theme. It works well - but I've been having a problem with what happens when I pull the phone out of my holster. Sometimes it looks like the phone is ringing - but I get the spinning circle on the phone like the phone is thinking and then I miss the phone call and it doesn't tell me who called me. It's like it's very slow. I notice this too when I try to pull it out of the holster and sometimes it seems to take a few seconds to get things going correctly. Is this a common problem?

I am using a storm.
    05-29-09 02:59 PM
    I love the theme. It works well - but I've been having a problem with what happens when I pull the phone out of my holster. Sometimes it looks like the phone is ringing - but I get the spinning circle on the phone like the phone is thinking and then I miss the phone call and it doesn't tell me who called me. It's like it's very slow. I notice this too when I try to pull it out of the holster and sometimes it seems to take a few seconds to get things going correctly. Is this a common problem?

I am using a storm.
    It could be that you're running very low on Application Memory, this is like RAM on your computer so you want to have as much of it as you can to keep performance up to par.

Next time it happens go to:

Options (the wrench icon) -> Memory -> scroll down to Application Memory.

Make a mental note of how much free memory you have, ideally you should have over 20MB but you shouldn't notice an performance degradation until you dip below 10MB. (and even then, you may not notice any performance degradation)

If you're on Verizon, keep in mind that they're finally issuing a firmware update this Sunday for version .148, which if you're still running .75 will make your Storm feel like a rocket.
    05-29-09 03:56 PM

I am using a storm.
    I've had something like this happen with AppleBerry, but I've never paid attention to whether it happens with other themes. The phone will ring, I'll unholster it, and the incoming call screen will be completely off center -- so off-center that most of the screen is white, you'll maybe see one upper corner of the themed screen way at the bottom of the screen. I usually get the call anyway because I answer using the green hard button and not the on-screen buttons, but it definitely happens.

Hasn't appeared to be memory-related, as my memory hasn't dipped below 25MB in ages using AppleBerry.
    05-29-09 03:59 PM
    I've had something like this happen with AppleBerry, but I've never paid attention to whether it happens with other themes. The phone will ring, I'll unholster it, and the incoming call screen will be completely off center -- so off-center that most of the screen is white, you'll maybe see one upper corner of the themed screen way at the bottom of the screen. I usually get the call anyway because I answer using the green hard button and not the on-screen buttons, but it definitely happens.

Hasn't appeared to be memory-related, as my memory hasn't dipped below 25MB in ages using AppleBerry.
    Yeah, occasionally the incoming call screen slips downwards. This happens with other themes that I've tried as well, but it is usually temporary. I've yet to have somebody get the problem repeatedly, and if they did a battery pull fixed it. (=
    05-29-09 04:27 PM
    I do have Verizon. How will I know to get the firmware upgrade? And where do I get it?
    05-29-09 04:28 PM
    I do have Verizon. How will I know to get the firmware upgrade? And where do I get it?
    Well you can definitely get it right here on CrackBerry, but apparently Verizon is supposed to release it this Sunday afternoon on their website. Apparently if you wait until 10PM EST on Sunday though they'll be issuing the updates "OTA" (Over The Air), which means you won't have to do a thing except for click "OK".
    05-29-09 04:37 PM
    Glass has always been nice and stable memory wise for me on both 75 and now on 148. Can't wait for AB Dark!!
    05-30-09 07:22 AM
    Glass has always been nice and stable memory wise for me on both 75 and now on 148. Can't wait for AB Dark!!
    Good to hear.

I'm running Dark right now, I have been for a couple of days and so far it looks really good. It's going to take a couple more days of solid work to get the "look" finished, since I'm still torn on a couple of design decisions. Once I finalize the graphics I just have to wrap up my SVG and it's good to go. (=

No ETA yet, I want to get it perfect.
    05-30-09 08:05 AM
    Good to hear.

I'm running Dark right now, I have been for a couple of days and so far it looks really good. It's going to take a couple more days of solid work to get the "look" finished, since I'm still torn on a couple of design decisions. Once I finalize the graphics I just have to wrap up my SVG and it's good to go. (=

Can we get a teaser pic
    05-30-09 09:51 AM
    Good to hear.

Looking forward to it!
    +1 for a Teaser Pic!
    05-30-09 12:47 PM
    I still can't find an answer to my Today problems. The today area won't show up even when I highlight the calendar.
    05-30-09 02:26 PM
    Oh man I'm so excited for AB Dark!!! I didn't know you were so far along with it....cool! It's gonna be like my ultimate theme I just know it.
    05-30-09 02:35 PM
    Teaser pics aren't really my style. When I get the look finalized I'll post some pictures for people to take a look at, but that won't be until I get closer to release.

I just want to make sure I deliver something special here and not just a tweaked version of AppleBerry. (=

It definitely won't disappoint though.
    05-30-09 04:27 PM
    Teaser pics aren't really my style. When I get the look finalized I'll post some pictures for people to take a look at, but that won't be until I get closer to release.

I just want to make sure I deliver something special here and not just a tweaked version of AppleBerry. (=

It definitely won't disappoint though.
    Just a thought Andrew. I know you mentioned a "Pro" name rather than "Dark", would it be a good idea to do a quick "Dark" wallpaper & app backgrounds with the current Glass and have it be part of the AppleBerry Suite then take what you're working on now an make it a new BlingBerry Pro theme product? I think most would be happy with simple background changes to Glass as the "Dark" addition to the AB Suite thus creating a new product line with "Pro" under the BlingBerry name.

What do you think? Will give you more time on what you're working on as a "Pro" product & I can only guess banging out a "Dark" version of "Glass v1.3" would be rather quick for you.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:01 PM
    Help. I can't open .jad extensions. any suggestions?
    05-30-09 09:10 PM
    Help. I can't open .jad extensions. any suggestions?
    your supposed to visit the OTA links (hence the name OVER THE AIR) with your phones browser, it will auto install from there.
    05-30-09 09:13 PM
    when is the dark version coming out?
    05-31-09 05:55 PM
    is anyone elses theme messed up when using appleberry on .148
    05-31-09 09:21 PM
    is anyone elses theme messed up when using appleberry on .148
    No, what problem are you having?
    05-31-09 09:28 PM
    all hastings icon are messed up
    05-31-09 09:30 PM
    all hastings icon are messed up
    If you're referring to the transparent boxes that show up around the icons, he fixed that in the latest AppleBerry upgrade. It's was a known problem caused by the color depth issue on the newer OS releases.
    05-31-09 09:35 PM
    no like it has an old phone for like a phone log and the same icon for options for the blue tooth and folders are missing
    idk what happened
    05-31-09 09:38 PM
10,775 ... 413414415416417 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD