Not to sound like a noob. But I didn't see it on the crackberry mobile app. Is it on there or do you have to buy it from the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just did a search on the mobile app. for AppleBerry Theme Suite and found nothing!

I wonder why Andrew???

vetvipe, you can find it in the Crackberry App. Store from your computer.
    05-25-09 05:49 PM
    Not to sound like a noob. But I didn't see it on the crackberry mobile app. Is it on there or do you have to buy it from the site.

I just did a search on the mobile app. for AppleBerry Theme Suite and found nothing!

I wonder why Andrew???

vetvipe, you can find it in the Crackberry App. Store from your computer.
    you probaly cant get it on mobile because you have to download it to your computer then email the links to your phone.
    05-25-09 06:17 PM
    Ah ok. Will download it tonight when I get home!

05-25-09 06:27 PM
    you probaly cant get it on mobile because you have to download it to your computer then email the links to your phone.
    Spot on.

MobiHand doesn't make it easy to give the customer more than one OTA link, so unfortunately it has to be purchased from your computer. It's worth the trouble though, because you get 8X the amount of theme. =P
    05-25-09 06:38 PM
    Spot on.

MobiHand doesn't make it easy to give the customer more than one OTA link, so unfortunately it has to be purchased from your computer. It's worth the trouble though, because you get 8X the amount of theme. =P
    You can actually set up something to do this OTA...

you add an Upgrade Rule on the Overview tab of the product, specifying the qualifying product, and for all prior versions of that set to version=0, with a discounted price of $0.00.
    05-25-09 06:40 PM
    You can actually set up something to do this OTA...

you add an Upgrade Rule on the Overview tab of the product, specifying the qualifying product, and for all prior versions of that set to version=0, with a discounted price of $0.00.
    The problem that I'm having is that because I support more than one device, the upgrade rules appear to be theme wide and you can't differentiate between the different platforms. Apparently MobiHand is working on a solution for me.
    05-25-09 06:55 PM
    I've completed the 8300 series, so Dark is next on my "to-do" list. I have a busy week ahead but it's all I'm working on this week, still no ETA but I want to get it done ASAP. I have no plans to rush a release though, I want to make sure it's worth the separate purchase.

Just curious, I'm torn about what to incorporate into the SVG file. Would you all like something different than stacks, or are you happy with the idea of having Glass mechanics for Dark? I've got nothing against incorporating something different, but only if people want different!

Sound off.

Cheers,

Andrew
    While I love the stacks and functionality of, wouldnt making a dark version of the theme with stacks make it not worth the upgrade, seeing as how users can use any wallpaper they want to anyway and have 4 versions of a theme with stacks? However I would hate to lose stacks for something that is less functional ya know? Just my 2 cents lol...
    05-25-09 06:55 PM
    I've completed the 8300 series, so Dark is next on my "to-do" list. I have a busy week ahead but it's all I'm working on this week, still no ETA but I want to get it done ASAP. I have no plans to rush a release though, I want to make sure it's worth the separate purchase.

Just curious, I'm torn about what to incorporate into the SVG file. Would you all like something different than stacks, or are you happy with the idea of having Glass mechanics for Dark? I've got nothing against incorporating something different, but only if people want different!

Sound off.

Cheers,

Andrew
    I personally still prefer Classic over Glass, partially because I don't really like making use of the stacks mechanic, so my vote is for something different. And if that "something different" can involve a 26 pixel banner, even better
    05-25-09 11:22 PM
    I personally still prefer Classic over Glass, partially because I don't really like making use of the stacks mechanic, so my vote is for something different. And if that "something different" can involve a 26 pixel banner, even better
    possibly just a 5 icon dock instead of 4 icons and a stack folder
    05-26-09 12:42 AM
    This application looks top notch, I can't wait to try it out when my Storm comes in
    05-26-09 01:45 AM
    The classic OTA Link on the original post is still the 1.0 version. Where can I find 1.1 OTA?
    05-26-09 01:49 PM
    While I love the stacks and functionality of, wouldnt making a dark version of the theme with stacks make it not worth the upgrade, seeing as how users can use any wallpaper they want to anyway and have 4 versions of a theme with stacks? However I would hate to lose stacks for something that is less functional ya know? Just my 2 cents lol...
    You can only change the wallpaper on the home screen. I would love to see a dark version of AppleBerry glass just like it is now with the stacks and all...but just...darker lol. Dark backgrounds, dark menus...maybe transparent black or something? I LOVE the stacks. That would be so sleek imo.
    05-26-09 02:42 PM
    I'm sure I'll get flamed by a hoard of folks who will tell me I'm wrong, but I'll proceed anyway. I've been running my phone for several months with other themes. Removed AppleBerry as it was severely hitting low memory. With AppleBerry (1.2) removed phone has run in the 13-18MB range (boot up is 25MB, settles in after several hours), had NEVER been below 10MB. I installed the new AppleBerry theme (v1.3) and very next day my memory was at 4.8MB after a couple of hours! I've never seen my memory that low.

Nothing else was changed on the phone other than upgrading to the new AppleBerry Glass theme. I'm back to running another theme and memory is sitting at 18MB once again. No complaints, just an FYI for Andrew if there's something that needs to be considered with his new update.
    Last edited by Bob61; 05-27-09 at 08:14 AM.
    05-26-09 08:14 PM
    Do you think you'll be releasing this for the 81xx devices?

Drop me a PM if you don't mind. Thanks!
    05-26-09 08:26 PM
    I'm sure I'll get flamed by a hoard of folks who will tell me I'm wrong, but I'll proceed anyway. I've been running my phone for several months with other themes. Removed AppleBerry as it was severely hitting low memory. With AppleBerry (1.2) remove phone has run in the 13-18MB range (boot up is 25MB, settles in after several hours) all the time, NEVER below 10MB. I installed the new AppleBerry theme and very next day my memory was at 4.8MB! I've never seen my memory that low.

Nothing else was changed on the phone other than upgrading to the new AppleBerry Glass theme. I'm back to running another theme and memory is sitting at 18MB once again. No complaints, just an FYI for Andrew if there's something that needs to be considered with his new update.
    I'm in the same boat but the leak is worse for me. I've been using Appleberry for quite a while now, as well as a couple other themes too, but none leak like the new 1.3 Glass theme. I start at 37MB, and within 12-15 hrs, I'm in the single digits! Not sure why but nothing else has changed, and I don't have any apps running in the background. With some other themes, I drop to around 20MB, but this new Glass 1.3 kills my memory.

I love this theme but it's kind of a pain to do battery pulls 1-2 times/day.
    05-26-09 08:27 PM
    @ Bob61 & CFD323

Which OS are you both running? I know that Verizon hasn't updated their Storm OS yet, which is why I'm asking. I boot up with 37MB and after a full 24hrs I'm at about 18MB. Since I do daily battery pulls I haven't had many memory issues ending off with 18MB. I'm using OS .122 which is the official one for my carrier.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-26-09 11:27 PM
    @ Bob61 & CFD323

Which OS are you both running? I know that Verizon hasn't updated their Storm OS yet, which is why I'm asking. I boot up with 37MB and after a full 24hrs I'm at about 18MB. Since I do daily battery pulls I haven't had many memory issues ending off with 18MB. I'm using OS .122 which is the official one for my carrier.
    Andrew - I'm running .122 as well. I boot up with about 25MB, drift down to 13-18MB. I have MeterBerry running and have a reset each night. Within hours after the reset I was down to under 5MB with new version. Let me know if you need any further info.
    05-27-09 06:03 AM
    I'm running .109

05-27-09 06:31 AM
    Andrew - I'm running .122 as well. I boot up with about 25MB, drift down to 13-18MB. I have MeterBerry running and have a reset each night. Within hours after the reset I was down to under 5MB with new version. Let me know if you need any further info.
    I guess what I'm noticing is that you're only booting up with 25MB of free memory, this is below average for a Storm to start up with and leads me to believe that you have many things installed on your device which could contribute to a memory leak.

Just now I've rebooted my device for the day and I'm starting at 38.47MB and I have quite a few applications installed. Memory leaks are tricky to handle, I don't think they can be eliminated but they can definitely be reduced. If you have the time and care enough about the problem, you could try and wipe your device and restore only your contact information, loading third party applications as you need them. There's no reason to boot up with anything less than 35MB, especially when some people boot with nearly 50MB.

Failing that, try running Classic until you can deal with the memory issue. I found that when I had a bad memory leak Classic worked very well. There's only so much a developer can do to a theme, and the majority of that is in the SVG file which I've already optimized and shrank down.

Sorry! Wish I had a better answer for you. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-27-09 09:03 AM
    I'm running .109

Your solution may be as easy as an OS update, I ran .109 for a long time up until a couple of weeks ago. .122 has made a significant difference for me in terms of stabilizing my memory. You mentioned booting up with 37MB which means you've probably got a good chance of fixing the issue just by updating your OS.
    05-27-09 09:05 AM
    How has 148 worked with Glass? I'm nervous to upgrade since 109 has been so good for me. And if I don't like a newer OS, downgrading the OS sucks!
    05-27-09 09:18 AM
    How has 148 worked with Glass? I'm nervous to upgrade since 109 has been so good for me. And if I don't like a newer OS, downgrading the OS sucks!
    I'm not sure but isn't .148 causing issues with QuickLaunch? (flickering, or not working)

Either way, it will be better than .109, but I think you're more likely to downgrade from .148 than you are from .122.

Let me know if it fixes the problem though!
    05-27-09 09:28 AM
    how would i change the color to the purple?
    05-27-09 11:02 AM
    how would i change the color to the purple?
    You can find the wallpaper on the first page of this thread toward the bottom. Download it, email it to your device and set it as your wallpaper.

If that all sounds like a huge hassle, send me an email:

ahasting at ryerson dot ca

I'll attach it and send it straight to your device!

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-27-09 11:03 AM
    I guess what I'm noticing is that you're only booting up with 25MB of free memory, this is below average for a Storm to start up with and leads me to believe that you have many things installed on your device which could contribute to a memory leak.

Just now I've rebooted my device for the day and I'm starting at 38.47MB and I have quite a few applications installed. Memory leaks are tricky to handle, I don't think they can be eliminated but they can definitely be reduced. If you have the time and care enough about the problem, you could try and wipe your device and restore only your contact information, loading third party applications as you need them. There's no reason to boot up with anything less than 35MB, especially when some people boot with nearly 50MB.

Failing that, try running Classic until you can deal with the memory issue. I found that when I had a bad memory leak Classic worked very well. There's only so much a developer can do to a theme, and the majority of that is in the SVG file which I've already optimized and shrank down.

Sorry! Wish I had a better answer for you. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    Thanks Andrew. I've been tracking down if any issues with memory leaks. I'm surprised that I'm booting up with only 25MB, but with OEM theme and some others, memory has remained quite constant. Can't really track to any application as I had booted my phone and had Slacker and Pandora running for over 12 hours on recent trip and only saw drop of .2MB (yep, under 1MB drop). Has me shaking my head as to what's eating the resources. Just upgraded to .148, now boot with 32MB and will keep on playing around to see what the resource culprit might be. However the big memory drop only comes when running ABG so I thought I'd mention, but understand you can only do so much.
    05-27-09 12:49 PM
10,775 ... 412413414415416 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD