all mine seem to be from Vlingo. so its not just one app
    Well I suppose that's good to know. Rules out the problem being a theme related issue. Guess the ball is in RIM's court.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:05 PM
    Good news!

I've eliminated the colour issue (boxing around icons) on Glass 1.3 with every OS version. So you no longer have to worry about using older radio code to get the look you want.

Also the SVG file has been trimmed significantly...I may start using Glass instead of Classic again.
    05-12-09 09:44 AM
    Good news!

I've eliminated the colour issue (boxing around icons) on Glass 1.3 with every OS version. So you no longer have to worry about using older radio code to get the look you want.

Also the SVG file has been trimmed significantly...I may start using Glass instead of Classic again.
    Great news Andrew

Can you release this already or what?

LMAO
    05-12-09 09:52 AM
    interesting
    05-12-09 03:30 PM
    Good news!

Great to hear!! Any ETA yet?? Will this update include the "Dark" version???? Please!!!!!
    05-12-09 05:28 PM
    Great to hear!! Any ETA yet?? Will this update include the "Dark" version???? Please!!!!!
    At this point I'm debating whether or not to finish Dark and release it. I've spent far too much time working on AppleBerry for the Storm and after I'm finished updating the first eight versions, I'm not sure I'm going to have the steam to finish a whole new version + all the variations. Sales are also dipping heavily which indicates to me that it's time to create something new ASAP.

I want to get this theme out to other BlackBerry's as quickly as possible so I can start something new.

Nothing is for sure yet, but it's looking like I'm just releasing Glass 1.3 and Classic 1.1 this weekend, Sunday. It's a very solid update, and I honestly believe it's the most polished theme on the Storm by a long shot, especially after this next update.

Sorry to disappoint anybody, but I promise I have many tricks up my sleeve...especially with what I'm planning on cooking up next.
    05-12-09 09:07 PM
    I bet if you released dark as a special edition stand alone version it would sell very well. Don't throw it into the suite and reap the rewards.
    05-12-09 09:26 PM
    I bet if you released dark as a special edition stand alone version it would sell very well. Don't throw it into the suite and reap the rewards.
    I totally agree! Let "Dark" stand alone as its own theme. I would buy it!

However still looking forward to the updates Sunday! . Thanks Andrew!
    05-12-09 09:37 PM
    I don't want to sound ungrateful by saying this, Andrew, since I know you're busting your **** making this theme as awesome as can be... but have you considered compressing the Application List banner into one row in order to eliminate the dial pad cutoff? My personal opinion is that the cutoff (which I know is partially out of your hands since it's a Plazmic bug) is one of the last missing pieces of polish in this otherwise awesome theme.
    05-12-09 11:47 PM
    yo cant wait for 1.3
    05-13-09 12:51 AM
    I totally agree! Let "Dark" stand alone as its own theme. I would buy it!

However still looking forward to the updates Sunday! . Thanks Andrew!
    That makes it 3 of us!

Boy, Sunday sure seems a long time away now.

~X

05-13-09 02:37 AM
    That would make me mad if dark wasnt released in the suite, because I personally asked him about dark and he said it would be released as part of the suite
    05-13-09 08:04 AM
    That would make me mad if dark wasnt released in the suite, because I personally asked him about dark and he said it would be released as part of the suite
    I was thinking about you when I made the decision, I'm sure we can figure something out.

I have some really great ideas that I'd like to start working on once I get this update out the door. I don't want people to think I'm a one trick pony. =P
    05-13-09 09:26 AM
    I was thinking about you when I made the decision, I'm sure we can figure something out.

I have some really great ideas that I'd like to start working on once I get this update out the door. I don't want people to think I'm a one trick pony. =P
    Lol hey man its all good, business is business, so i wont be uber mad just like damn I shoulda waited... however i will say im enjoying appleberry glass very much
    Last edited by Lynx83; 05-13-09 at 09:35 AM.
    05-13-09 09:32 AM
    Have you considered making more themes with the stack? I thought about this before but didn't want to act ungrateful for AppleBerry, so I didn't mention it. But since you're interested in doing more things, I LOVE the stack. If you made more clean themes with different icon sets, etc. in that format I think they'd be a hit.
    05-13-09 09:49 AM
    Have you considered making more themes with the stack? I thought about this before but didn't want to act ungrateful for AppleBerry, so I didn't mention it. But since you're interested in doing more things, I LOVE the stack. If you made more clean themes with different icon sets, etc. in that format I think they'd be a hit.
    + 1

05-13-09 10:19 AM
    Agree with this 100%

Andrew

I don't think anyone would think you were a one trick pony for putting out a dark version. I know I for one have been eagerly waiting for it since you announced it. I have to say I am truly disappointed it is not coming out, but understand where you are coming from.
    05-13-09 10:22 AM
    Andrew

I don't think anyone would think you were a one trick pony for putting out a dark version. I know I for one have been eagerly waiting for it since you announced it. I have to say I am truly disappointed it is not coming out, but understand where you are coming from.
    +1 to this. I've been awaiting it anxiously but I certainly won't reject the idea of getting future hastings themes instead.
    05-13-09 11:32 AM
    another +1 to this... the stack is the entire reason I bought this theme.... also one more question..... are you going to conitinue to give out updates for this theme, or are you done after update 1.3?
    05-13-09 08:41 PM
    another +1 to this... the stack is the entire reason I bought this theme.... also one more question..... are you going to conitinue to give out updates for this theme, or are you done after update 1.3?
    I don't think it's going to require many more updates after this one.

Here's a picture of Glass 1.3 running on .122.

Notice:
    - New BrickBreaker icon.
    - Larger battery meter. (really nice to have!)
    - Way better signal indicator.
    - Better looking 'Task' icon.
    - Better looking SMS icon.
    - No gray boxes around the icons. (or ghosting from previous windows!)

That's just me running the stock .122 with no older radio code, the colour is perfect.

New: Glass 1.3

Old: Glass 1.2

I'm working on this update all day today, hopefully I can get Glass done in a couple of hours and I can put the finishing touches on Classic ASAP.
    Last edited by hastings; 05-14-09 at 12:41 PM.
    05-14-09 12:23 PM
    Appleberry is pretty pimp hastings, i feel for you having to update SO many versions tho!! LOL that must take for forever!
    05-14-09 01:27 PM
    Looks good Hastings! Can't wait!!

05-14-09 01:50 PM
    I'm working on this update all day today, hopefully I can get Glass done in a couple of hours and I can put the finishing touches on Classic ASAP.
    Does this mean release is imminent or are we looking at this weekend? Looking forward to getting back to glass; the ghosting is the only thing that drove me away.
    05-14-09 02:14 PM
    Lookin good... some little changes that make the theme much more professional... so whats the verdict on appleberry dark??? Can we get a teaser pic or something lol
    05-14-09 02:27 PM
    Does this mean release is imminent or are we looking at this weekend? Looking forward to getting back to glass; the ghosting is the only thing that drove me away.
    I just finished Glass a couple of minutes ago and I've got more work to do on Classic, not much though.

Unfortunately tomorrow I'll be at the cottage all day assembling a 65ft dock so obviously I won't be working on Classic while doing that. =P

If I can get it out this Saturday I will, that's for sure. Having the boxes gone is such a break through for me, I really love the way it looks now.

@ Lynx

I didn't realize people cared so much about Dark, and if I'm going to release it I'm going to do something different to make it worth it. Definitely time to get to the drawing board.
    05-14-09 03:54 PM
10,775 ... 405406407408409 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD