Obviously you haven't run glass on a later OS. There are "problems" on any OS other than .75.

I would point back to the dicussions, but they were several HUNDRED pages ago.

It is not a "color" issue.
    I've only run Glass on OSes later than .75. But if it's not a "color" issue as you say, then my point that the later OS versions don't affect the phone's color depth still stands.

I guess I've never seen said discussions because I haven't had the "problems." The only thing I could think of that might fall into such a category is the gray squares that are occasionally visible around the icons.
    04-24-09 01:43 PM
    I've only run Glass on OSes later than .75. But if it's not a "color" issue as you say, then my point that the later OS versions don't affect the phone's color depth still stands.

I guess I've never seen said discussions because I haven't had the "problems." The only thing I could think of that might fall into such a category is the gray squares that are occasionally visible around the icons.
    I figured it was one way or the other with the OSs (and I guessed wrong LOL)

The issues I remember were the "squares", Quick Launch shows a blank box before rendering and there are ghosts from certain dialogs after closing.

I believe Andrew was waiting for an official OS to drop with the color depth issue fixed before he spent his time "fixing" a beta issue, but it doesn't look like the depth issue is going away any time soon.
    04-24-09 01:45 PM
    I figured it was one way or the other with the OSs (and I guessed wrong LOL)

The issues I remember were the "squares", Quick Launch shows a blank box before rendering and there are ghosts from certain dialogs after closing.

I believe Andrew was waiting for an official OS to drop with the color depth issue fixed before he spent his time "fixing" a beta issue, but it doesn't look like the depth issue is going away any time soon.
    From what I understand of the color depth issue, it's a problem with the image files RIM provided for the OS (i.e. the images that they use for the icon overlays, background colors, etc.) being of low color depth and/or high compression, rather than the actual software reducing the display depth of the phone. The issue wasn't visible in some of the earlier OS versions because they were still using higher quality image files for those UI elements, which may have contributed to lag in scrolling and rendering. As such, it's not really something that an official OS would "fix," because the phone's own settings and capabilities are still the same - RIM is just feeding it crappier images to reduce rendering time and/or file size.
    04-24-09 01:49 PM
    I'm still planning on investigating ways around it, but many themes suffer from the same problems so I'm not sure there is a solution. There may be a way to minimize the problem so that will likely be the first step.
    04-24-09 01:50 PM
    Wonderful themes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:52 PM
    Eh Hastings When Is 1.3 Coming Out 4 Tha Glass Theme??
    04-24-09 05:21 PM
    Owwww AppleBerry Dark is sounding great! I can't wait!

I prefer to think of "Dark" as professional and sophisticated! lol
    04-24-09 05:42 PM
    love my theme but have one little detail that just buggs the ihts out of me. when i go to sms or email there is this little bar accross the top of the photo i have on my home screen. how can i get rid of this
    04-24-09 06:06 PM
    love my theme but have one little detail that just buggs the ihts out of me. when i go to sms or email there is this little bar accross the top of the photo i have on my home screen. how can i get rid of this
    Unfortunately there's no real way to fix this yet -- it seems to be an unwanted by-product of having the top banner take up two rows. Some other themes avoid it by having all of the banner symbols on one row, but obviously that limits the layout options for the theme.
    04-24-09 06:30 PM
    If I purchase the theme set now will I be able to get the new ones once they come out? Or will I have to purchase them again?
    04-24-09 08:39 PM
    If I purchase the theme set now will I be able to get the new ones once they come out? Or will I have to purchase them again?
    I would also like to know this.

I bought your theme a week ago and it is my new favorite, I have alot of themes and i always keep finding myself switching back to appleberry.
    04-24-09 08:48 PM
    finally, a rockin' theme for my Storm, that doesn't just slow it to a crawl. One issue I saw, a message for a previously deleted e-mail showed on screen, when I highlighted it, I got an "error 523" or some similar #, and it required my taking out the battery to get out of it. Other than that, its very nice, and I've likely sold more of it for you by showing it off today at work. Several asked me where to look for it. I, of course, told them Crackberry.com! I just downloaded your theme yesterday, and yet there is already a 1.3 version? My install was for 1.2. How will I get updates? I particularly like the weather one, but would prefer it work with ANY weather program. I use BerryWeather, and would love for it to use that, rather than having to install the free Weather Bug which doesn't show proper weather temps, etc. Appreciate your helping, and thanks for all the hard work. I really appreciate a Theme that doesn't take away from the Storm, but makes the Storm better. I'm a visual kind of guy, so I appreciate the beauty of AppleBerry. Thanks, again. Ken
    04-24-09 09:01 PM
    i use berry weather on mine and it works great.
    04-24-09 09:04 PM
    Hastings,

I donated 5 bucks a while back but have lost, or accidentally deleted the email with the download link for glass and classic. I wiped my berry and need to put glass back on it. What do I need to do?
    04-24-09 11:55 PM
    All updates and new versions are included in the price, I'm not out to nickel and dime people into updates.
    04-24-09 11:58 PM
    finally, a rockin' theme for my Storm, that doesn't just slow it to a crawl. One issue I saw, a message for a previously deleted e-mail showed on screen, when I highlighted it, I got an "error 523" or some similar #, and it required my taking out the battery to get out of it. Other than that, its very nice, and I've likely sold more of it for you by showing it off today at work. Several asked me where to look for it. I, of course, told them Crackberry.com! I just downloaded your theme yesterday, and yet there is already a 1.3 version? My install was for 1.2. How will I get updates? I particularly like the weather one, but would prefer it work with ANY weather program. I use BerryWeather, and would love for it to use that, rather than having to install the free Weather Bug which doesn't show proper weather temps, etc. Appreciate your helping, and thanks for all the hard work. I really appreciate a Theme that doesn't take away from the Storm, but makes the Storm better. I'm a visual kind of guy, so I appreciate the beauty of AppleBerry. Thanks, again. Ken
    Hey Ken,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so much. If a calendar event or message gets stuck on your homescreen, normally it will disappear within 30 minutes or less. (most of the time it's instant)

Also BerryWeather should definitely work, I only recommend WeatherBug because it's a simple and population option.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-25-09 12:00 AM
    BerryWeather definitely works. Also, if you're running both BerryWeather and MeterBerry, you can actually stick MeterBerry in the Weatherbug slot so that the icon will show your system stats in the text, and still use BerryWeather as a regular icon since it shows the temp. and conditions graphically in the icon.
    04-25-09 01:40 AM
    The colour scheme is black, blue, and silver, so I'll let you decide if that's "manly" or not. I'd stick with the word "Professional".
    Professional... That sure fits you bud!

~X

04-25-09 04:48 AM
    BerryWeather definitely works. Also, if you're running both BerryWeather and MeterBerry, you can actually stick MeterBerry in the Weatherbug slot so that the icon will show your system stats in the text, and still use BerryWeather as a regular icon since it shows the temp. and conditions graphically in the icon.
    Thanks, BerryWeather does work. I even found if I put messages icon in the weather area, it will show messages when you touch it as well. Wish there was a way to show favorite contacts at the push of a button, too.
    04-25-09 11:50 AM
    I notice that "Word Mole" is up in the air for the new upgrade. This game is my form of crack...it definitely needs a new skin. This way it can make it onto my home screen.

Can't wait for the new update...this theme is absolutely amazing!

Barry

Last edited by barryweiser; 04-26-09 at 10:39 AM.
    04-25-09 08:37 PM
    Love this theme! Can't wait for an update, keep up the good work!
    04-25-09 11:53 PM
    Sorry but searching in this forum is murder. Does weatherbug work with glass or paid classic? I read 8 versions with paid order but I only saw 2. Basically what do I have to do to get that weather icon in the top left corner? Again sorry if this has been answered.

04-26-09 11:35 AM
    Sorry but searching in this forum is murder. Does weatherbug work with glass or paid classic? I read 8 versions with paid order but I only saw 2. Basically what do I have to do to get that weather icon in the top left corner? Again sorry if this has been answered.

The 8 versions are:

Classic (Hidden Today, Hidden Today WB, Non-Today, Non-Today WB)

Glass (Hidden Today, Hidden Today WB, Non-Today, Non-Today WB)

All are included in your purchase, so you have a WB option in each version.
    04-26-09 11:46 AM
    Can't wait for the update. Is it possible to use a wait cursor like this:

04-26-09 11:47 AM
    The 8 versions are:

Classic (Hidden Today, Hidden Today WB, Non-Today, Non-Today WB)

Glass (Hidden Today, Hidden Today WB, Non-Today, Non-Today WB)

All are included in your purchase, so you have a WB option in each version.
    Ok I purchased last night. How do I get weatherbug to show on glass? Or classic?

04-26-09 11:48 AM
10,775 ... 401402403404405 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD