I finally got mine working again. I had to delete the Facebook CICAL service book in options > advanced options > service book THREE TIMES, rebooting each time, and this time it finally didn't come back. We'll see how long that lasts.
    Keep us posted zazz, I have a ton of customers emailing me with FB problems and there doesn't appear to be a clear solution.

Cheers
    04-22-09 12:20 PM
    Keep us posted zazz, I have a ton of customers emailing me with FB problems and there doesn't appear to be a clear solution.

Cheers
    There is a clear solution hastings, I feel you I am getting so many emails as well, I have just set up my gmail account to set out a canned response to anybody who types the words "facebook" or "calendar" in en email to me.

Facebook 1.5 did something with the calendar you have to go to calendar options and change it to default or something i cant quite remember, but search the storm forums for FACEBOOK 1.5 CALENDAR and there should be a thread.
    04-22-09 12:23 PM
    Then Just Don't Read This Thread If It Does Not Please You
    04-22-09 12:43 PM
    So far so good.

You can tell them to:
    1. Turn off Facebook's calendar stealing: on Facebook, BB button > Options > uncheck "BlackBerry Calendar application"
    2. Change their calendar back to the default: Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL)
    3. Remove the Facebook calendar service book: Options > Advanced Options > Service Book > delete Facebook (CICAL)

My service book came back but my entries are back to showing.
    04-22-09 03:15 PM
    So far so good.

You can tell them to:
    1. Turn off Facebook's calendar stealing: on Facebook, BB button > Options > uncheck "BlackBerry Calendar application"
    2. Change their calendar back to the default: Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL)
    3. Remove the Facebook calendar service book: Options > Advanced Options > Service Book > delete Facebook (CICAL)

Awesome, thanks zazz. I just sent this to a bunch of customers and apparently it works.

Cheers
    04-22-09 07:49 PM
    So far so good.

You can tell them to:

Thanks for the fix heads up. Worked great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 08:13 PM
    04-22-09 10:59 PM
    when is the next update coming?
    04-23-09 01:42 AM
    Great, I'm glad it worked!
    04-23-09 10:32 AM
    when is the next update coming?
    Early May. I've been quietly updating each version and the theme has come a long way as a result of porting it to other devices.

-----------------

New in Glass 1.3:

New icons:
    Compose
    Brickbreaker
    Default Inbox
    BlackBerry maps
    VoiceNotes Recorder
    SMS
    MMS
    SMS/MMS
    Tasks
    Password
    Setup Wizard

New graphics:
    Improved Glass taskbar
    Improved Apple airport signal icon
    Improved dialogue box buttons.
    Improved battery meter.

Other fixes:
    Calendar no longer overlaps Stack icons.
    Optimized stack animation
    Improved overall performance.
    General alignment issues.
    Managed to reduce the SVG size by about 20%.

New features:
    More clickable hotspots.

New in Classic 1.1:

New icons:
    Compose
    Brickbreaker
    Default Inbox
    BlackBerry maps
    VoiceNotes Recorder
    SMS
    MMS
    SMS/MMS
    Tasks
    Password
    Setup Wizard

New graphics:
    Improved Classic taskbar
    Improved dialogue box buttons.
    Improved battery meter.
    Larger cursor for icon highlight.

Other fixes:
    Improved overall performance.
    General alignment issues.

New features:
    More clickable hotspots.

"Maybes" for both versions:
    Improved Dialogue Boxes
    Meterberry support
    WordMole icon.

New version: AppleBerry Dark

Definitely on it's way. Development has been stalled until I get through my last two exams this Tuesday. This should satisfy A LOT of people.

I'll definitely get a teaser pic up when I'm done exams.

-------------------------------

Nobody is more excited than me to get these updates out the door, so I'm trying to sprint through these exams. (=

Cheers all.
    Last edited by hastings; 04-24-09 at 11:50 AM.
    04-24-09 11:07 AM
    Also if you guys/gals have any "must have" fixes, now would be a great time to share.
    04-24-09 11:08 AM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or fixed yet but I am using the free Appleberry classic theme and noticed that the first two rows of icons swap depending on whether you have the full display of icons or just the top screen with the two rows at the bottom. Thanks!
    04-24-09 11:47 AM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or fixed yet but I am using the free Appleberry classic theme and noticed that the first two rows of icons swap depending on whether you have the full display of icons or just the top screen with the two rows at the bottom. Thanks!
    Try and download the free version again, I believe I fixed the swapped icons problem.
    04-24-09 12:18 PM
    Update announcement posted on first page, or page 674.
    04-24-09 12:18 PM
    Hey hastings is the glass theme still purpley? <----- it that a word.

I meaning call screens etc. Did you ever make the manly version?
    04-24-09 12:31 PM
    Hey hastings is the glass theme still purpley? <----- it that a word.

I meaning call screens etc. Did you ever make the manly version?
    The call screens have been "bluey" (=P) for a while.

The manly version will be AppleBerry Dark, it's definitely a more professional looking theme with a focus on performance, I won't call it "manly", but I'll call it handsome.
    04-24-09 12:35 PM
    dark is gonna be manly?
    04-24-09 12:38 PM
    dark is gonna be manly?
    He didnt say manly he said handsome.

Well looking forward to it. Any teasers or betas yet?
    04-24-09 12:38 PM
    He didnt say manly he said handsome.

Well looking forward to it. Any teasers or betas yet?
    ehhh... still not a word id want to describe my phone

hastings... where is my sneak peak to this handsome manly theme?
    04-24-09 12:40 PM
    ehhh... still not a word id want to describe my phone

hastings... where is my sneak peak to this handsome manly theme?
    The colour scheme is black, blue, and silver, so I'll let you decide if that's "manly" or not. I'd stick with the word "Professional".
    04-24-09 12:47 PM
    Also if you guys/gals have any "must have" fixes, now would be a great time to share.
    Will the home page render better with the reduced color depth OS's (can't say "beta" or leaked now that at least one carrier has released it officially)?
    04-24-09 12:59 PM
    The colour scheme is black, blue, and silver, so I'll let you decide if that's "manly" or not. I'd stick with the word "Professional".
    show me and ill tell you if its manly or not
    04-24-09 01:08 PM
    Will the home page render better with the reduced color depth OS's (can't say "beta" or leaked now that at least one carrier has released it officially)?
    The newer OSes don't reduce the phone's ability to display colors. Anything that rendered well on .75 will still render well on any of the new OS versions.
    04-24-09 01:10 PM
    The newer OSes don't reduce the phone's ability to display colors. Anything that rendered well on .75 will still render well on any of the new OS versions.
    Obviously you haven't run glass on a later OS. There are "problems" on any OS other than .75.

I would point back to the dicussions, but they were several HUNDRED pages ago.

It is not a "color" issue.
    04-24-09 01:36 PM
    Sounds like my kind of colors. Woo hoo LOL Bring it on.
    04-24-09 01:39 PM
10,775 ... 400401402403404 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD