I am still on 0.75. Just either too scared or not to comfortable with the new ones out there.
    Well see my above post for how I fixed it in the past and try Soft Reset and see if that will let you. If you still get the error you can always do the reset your device option which would leave you on .75
    04-08-09 03:38 PM
    Well see my above post for how I fixed it in the past and try Soft Reset and see if that will let you. If you still get the error you can always do the reset your device option which would leave you on .75
    Thank you again. I will try the soft reset and let you know how that works. Once again, you are the BOMB DIGGIDY...........
    04-08-09 03:51 PM
    Also I should say that I used to get this error in the past on my other Blackberrys and the only way I ever got rid of it was

1 A full reset through app loader
    2 install a new OS

Sometimes you can get this error and it doesn't interfer with anything but in your case it is causing you not to be able to "simulate a battery pull" which if it was me would drive me nuts. Let me know if Soft Reset doesn't work for you?

This is weird, i tried the soft reset and get the same exception error. Wow..... i feel like chunking this phone........
    04-08-09 04:07 PM
    This is weird, i tried the soft reset and get the same exception error. Wow..... i feel like chunking this phone........
    I felt the same way on .75 ready to throw it out the window. If you feel up to it you should try .113 it is like a whole new phone it truly is a night and day difference from .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:18 PM
    I felt the same way on .75 ready to throw it out the window. If you feel up to it you should try .113 it is like a whole new phone it truly is a night and day difference from .75

I really do want to try the 113 but since i am on a BES server that's the only thing that i can think of is hindering these applications. I don't think i can do the 113 without approval from out IT
    04-08-09 04:35 PM
    I really do want to try the 113 but since i am on a BES server that's the only thing that i can think of is hindering these applications. I don't think i can do the 113 without approval from out IT
    Hmm that I don't know about? They should be able to wipe handheld though and see if that fixes the error?

04-08-09 04:53 PM
    Of course you could do the old fashion method and delete all your 3rd party apps and themes and try quickpull after each app is loaded back on

04-08-09 04:55 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doidaporti
    did you check your downloads folder?

I think we both know the answer to that question. =P

It should definitely be in there!

Key word in that sentence is 'should'. Reply is no they don't. No icons. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now. It took me awhile to reply back because I'm working. They do show under the default theme.
    How about a battery pull.

~X
    04-08-09 07:12 PM
    How about a battery pull.

~X
    Always sound advice X

04-08-09 07:17 PM
    I am still on 0.75. Just either too scared or not to comfortable with the new ones out there.
    Shehriyaar meterberry just releases an update where one of the fixes is your error try that and see if it works for you.

04-08-09 07:23 PM
    Always sound advice X

Well you know how this "self healing" OS is. If at first your idea doesn't succeed, try several others! LMAO

~X
    04-08-09 07:52 PM
    have we heard from hastings on the sneak peak idea?
    04-08-09 07:54 PM
    Bryan,
    I have a question. I installed meterberry and quickpull. When ever i ask both the programs to do a reset, i get an error saying unable to reset device, and then Uncaught Exception Java.lang.illegal Argument Exception. I have installed and uninstalled the quick pull about 5 times, and the meterberry twice. I reinstalled MB but still get the error, and have just not installed the quick pull. Can you advise what those errors are and if theres something wrong that i am doing?

thanks always.

Here is a couple fixes for quick pull errors-

1-
    OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > APPLICATIONS
    Then highlight (do not select) Quick Pull.
    Hit BB button. Select DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE

2-

Then highlight (do not select) Phone.
    Hit BB button. Select EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSONS.
    Change all permissions to Allow

Try these and let me know if they work.:

04-08-09 08:48 PM
    Here is a couple fixes for quick pull errors-

1-
    Then highlight (do not select) Quick Pull.
    Hit BB button. Select DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE

2-

Then highlight (do not select) Phone.
    Hit BB button. Select EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSONS.
    Change all permissions to Allow

Try these and let me know if they work.:

Good info Polar

04-08-09 09:23 PM
    I wish I was copying and pasting all the useful information in this thread as it was going. I think we've pretty much covered every topic.
    04-09-09 12:08 AM
    Yes we have lol

I wish I was copying and pasting all the useful information in this thread as it was going. I think we've pretty much covered every topic.
    04-09-09 07:47 AM
    You can always start from page 1 and read through it again

04-09-09 08:53 AM
    You can always start from page 1 and read through it again

Someone is on a roll this morning

04-09-09 08:59 AM

Its one of those days lol... Imagine once I have coffee... lol

04-09-09 09:04 AM

Lol. Had no coffee and I'm on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. I just woke up from my 15 month old sons first nap of the day. I hate day time naps as an adult. I always end up more tired.

04-09-09 09:57 AM
    guess i was right on the release. its hard to tell what is reliable at times. anyone nstall it yet?
    04-09-09 11:08 AM
    guess i was right on the release. its hard to tell what is reliable at times. anyone nstall it yet?
    R u referring to .122? If so from what I gather its not a whole lot different from .113 so I am not bothering

04-09-09 11:15 AM
    R u referring to .122? If so from what I gather its not a whole lot different from .113 so I am not bothering

I'm with bryan on this one... Looks like marcus is running 122 w his precious 90 radio though lol

04-09-09 11:23 AM
    yes. i installed last night. actually made a big improvement on my phone. and i installed the skins i got in the mail today bm. boy was that fun.
    04-09-09 11:25 AM
    yes. i installed last night. actually made a big improvement on my phone. and i installed the skins i got in the mail today bm. boy was that fun.
    what os were you on before? what type of improvement are you seeing?
    04-09-09 11:36 AM
10,775 ... 388389390391392 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD