Good night all (um, make that morning). I'm off to bed, have a GREAT weekend!

~X
    Good night @ 8 am LMAO

Have a great weekend X!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 08:00 AM
    Hey all,

Just got back from Waterloo, I can't say much but I got a chance to play with a very nice device for a short period of time and had a great time talking about blackberrys in general. Also got some news about the Storm and where it's allegedly headed, nothing specific but I'll post a bit more later.
    04-04-09 11:11 AM
    Hey all,

Just got back from Waterloo, I can't say much but I got a chance to play with a very nice device for a short period of time and had a great time talking about blackberrys in general. Also got some news about the Storm and where it's allegedly headed, nothing specific but I'll post a bit more later.
    Can't wait for some info

04-04-09 11:44 AM
    Hey all,

...did security let you out with the Gold Code???
    04-04-09 11:51 AM
    Good night @ 8 am LMAO

Have a great weekend X!

LOL Thank you H! You too.

~X
    04-04-09 01:46 PM
    Hey all,

You big tease!

~X
    04-04-09 01:49 PM
    Hey all,

Come on.....Spill it!!!
    04-04-09 01:54 PM
    Haha, it wasn't supposed to be a tease. I had to take a nap and catch up on email but I just wanted to post in the thread since I hadn't done so since yesterday.

Basically all they mentioned was that the Storm pretty much is what it is, we shouldn't expect it to change in any fundamental way and that they're focusing more on locking down the "core user functions". These are pretty much what you expect, making sure the phone works well, improving the keyboard, and just making it a little faster. Basically if you're hoping the Storm to achieve iPhone like smoothness, it won't happen on this device. None of this was surprising to me, but it's still a little disappointing. I guess the most shocking thing was when they said they believed it was "almost there", which I strongly disagree with. They're all Bold users though. =P
    04-04-09 03:19 PM
    I guess the most shocking thing was when they said they believed it was "almost there", which I strongly disagree with. They're all Bold users though. =P
    Unless they were considering "almost there" in terms of internal builds we have not seen.
    04-04-09 03:31 PM
    ill have to purchase this one looks slick
    04-04-09 04:43 PM
    Is there any way to hide certain entries on the today version so that they don't show but other entries do? I thought I could use the default calendar problem to my advantage but I can't select that when creating entries. I'm not doing anything sketchy but I don't want my prescription medication start/end times to appear on the home screen.
    04-04-09 05:58 PM
    Is there any way to hide certain entries on the today version so that they don't show but other entries do? I thought I could use the default calendar problem to my advantage but I can't select that when creating entries. I'm not doing anything sketchy but I don't want my prescription medication start/end times to appear on the home screen.
    How about putting your meds in the Tasks app?

~X
    04-04-09 07:16 PM
    That could work, I'd just be afraid about forgetting to put them back in because they don't have a reccurence option. I'll just deal with it! lol thanks.
    04-04-09 08:04 PM
    That could work, I'd just be afraid about forgetting to put them back in because they don't have a reccurence option. I'll just deal with it! lol thanks.
    I use tasks for my medicine reminder. Tasks does have a re-occurance option. Daily, weekly etc.
    04-04-09 08:59 PM
    Oh wow, I totally managed to miss that menu option... even when I went to check before responding that last time. How embarrassing. My bad, thank you! This solves all my issues.
    04-04-09 09:25 PM
    Oh wow, I totally managed to miss that menu option... even when I went to check before responding that last time. How embarrassing. My bad, thank you! This solves all my issues.
    no problem... I had a liver transplant 6 years ago and have to take anti-rejection medication at 8 in the morning and 8 at night. I rely on my notification to make sure I don't forget!

Cheers.
    04-04-09 09:37 PM
    I have medication that I start once a month, continue for three weeks, and then go a week without. So it's basically two alerts that each occur once every four weeks, staggered by a week. It's annoying to have all of that clog up my today list for the calendar so this is a great solution. I'm glad I asked! I just did a quick experiment and it looks like as long as I mark it as completed, it'll mark that and then generate the alert for the next appropriate time spot. Is that right? Looks like if I just do "dismiss" it won't create the next one.
    04-04-09 09:43 PM
    I have medication that I start once a month, continue for three weeks, and then go a week without. So it's basically two alerts that each occur once every four weeks, staggered by a week. It's annoying to have all of that clog up my today list for the calendar so this is a great solution. I'm glad I asked! I just did a quick experiment and it looks like as long as I mark it as completed, it'll mark that and then generate the alert for the next appropriate time spot. Is that right? Looks like if I just do "dismiss" it won't create the next one.
    yes mark it as complete and this will generate the re-occurance. You have to then delete the marked as complete entry else they will clog up your task list.

This is how I manage my medication tasks.
    04-04-09 09:46 PM
    Cool, just thought I'd confirm so I don't screw it up! Thanks again for all your help.
    04-04-09 09:51 PM
    Is there a condensed FAQ or instructions? After about 50 pages of reading mostly stuff not about Appleberry I guess I'll just have to ask for help. I bought and downloaded the suite. No matter if I use the Classic or Glass version with WeatherBug & Today, WB or Today does not show up. I did download and try the free version fiorst and I uninstalled it before loading the new themes. Can anyone help getting WB & Today show up? Thanks!!!
    04-04-09 10:23 PM
    Cool, just thought I'd confirm so I don't screw it up! Thanks again for all your help.
    Glad the Tasks idea will help. Meds, what a PITA!

~X

04-04-09 10:27 PM
    Is there a condensed FAQ or instructions? After about 50 pages of reading mostly stuff not about Appleberry I guess I'll just have to ask for help. I bought and downloaded the suite. No matter if I use the Classic or Glass version with WeatherBug & Today, WB or Today does not show up. I did download and try the free version fiorst and I uninstalled it before loading the new themes. Can anyone help getting WB & Today show up? Thanks!!!
    Move wb to 5th icon... Touch calendar icon or messages on home screen and u get the today

04-04-09 10:30 PM
    Move wb to 5th icon... Touch calendar icon or messages on home screen and u get the today
    I don't have a WB app anywhere. When I touch the calendar or messages icons, nothing happens but the "bounce".
    04-04-09 10:34 PM

WeatherBug requires BBMaps too. Do you have that installed? Plus, myself & others will steer you towards BBWeather as it doesn't use GPS hence less memory.

Here's a link, it's free!

BBWeather
    http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/02/23/new-bbweather-084-alpha-release-adds-features-and-funtions/

~X

04-04-09 10:35 PM
    Your not gonna have messages show if you have already read them, and your not gonna have calender show unless you sync it with our outlook or whatever you use for a calender....
    04-04-09 10:39 PM
10,775 ... 384385386387388 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD