you should try removing quick pull and see if that helps. (it never "got along" on any of my storms)

you are correct about the hw coming into play, though, but since I have never had a leaky Storm, I won't comment on that ;-)
    04-02-09 05:29 PM
    M
    See if you can pick up some Gold Code while you're there. RIM should be in a leaking mood after the fantastic earnings report they just released!
    Lol. We could only wish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 06:00 PM
    Hi. Andrew has a new pic. Anyway my memory starts at like 46 and never ever goes below 20.
    04-02-09 07:28 PM
    So I just tried out AppleBerry Classic on the Curve 8900, it's still in early beta but I was shocked at how well it ran. The most surprising and shocking part was that the device had over 100MB Application Memory free!!!

I forgot that it had 192MB of memory, it's pretty wild.
    04-02-09 11:21 PM
    Hastings- ever since my "fiasco" with my phone the other day- my memory has been great! Mind you I deleted alot of apps. Right now I am running QuickLaunch-SoftReset-AmEX-Facebook-Weatherbug and of course--the Appleberry Glass theme with WB. I start with about 50 and never go below 39. Oh yeah- I have Tweeterberry too. lol
    04-03-09 12:01 AM
    Hastings- ever since my "fiasco" with my phone the other day- my memory has been great! Mind you I deleted alot of apps. Right now I am running QuickLaunch-SoftReset-AmEX-Facebook-Weatherbug and of course--the Appleberry Glass theme with WB. I start with about 50 and never go below 39. Oh yeah- I have Tweeterberry too. lol
    Maddie that is awesome I am glad something good came out for you

04-03-09 12:02 AM
    Your a lucky one!

04-03-09 09:19 AM
    Allt he themes are going to leak, pre and post the release of Plazmic. The only theme I've had no issues with is the Precision Default Zen.

I've used Appleberry all day, went from 31.7 to 9.2. Granted the use on the phone as well dictates the slowness
    After 24hrs (without a soft or hard pull) I have dropped from 41.5 to 39.8.

First time I ever went a whole day without a pull :-O

(114 hybrid v3 w/ Sphereberry running, today)

Lots of apps (including wb).

received 25 calls today and +/- 25 emails, 2+ hrs of talk time and some mild cb surfing on OpMini.
    04-03-09 02:39 PM
    After 24hrs (without a soft or hard pull) I have dropped from 41.5 to 39.8.

First time I ever went a whole day without a pull :-O

(114 hybrid v3 w/ Sphereberry running, today)

Lots of apps (including wb).

received 25 calls today and +/- 25 emails, 2+ hrs of talk time and some mild cb surfing on OpMini.
    I just upgraded to .113 today from .75, I'll see what my results are
    04-03-09 03:23 PM
    I just upgraded to .113 today from .75, I'll see what my results are
    im on .113 and have been since it came out and my mem is all over the place with most themes... but i wish you better luck than i have
    04-03-09 03:37 PM
    im on .113 and have been since it came out and my mem is all over the place with most themes... but i wish you better luck than i have
    Always the class act babe my memory is good on .113 but my battery life sucks

04-03-09 06:38 PM

Lmao.. My battery kicks arse (teehee I said arse) but my mem is leaky. Default theme is the only one that stabilizes it. Some theme leak more than others but oh well.. TGIF! Have a great weekend babe! Oh and a great weekend to everyone else too

04-03-09 06:48 PM
    04-03-09 07:26 PM
    LMAO, the newest release of meterberry already alerts me, i have it set up to alert me at 10 and then it even has a quickpull type feature built into it

thanks though!
    04-03-09 07:36 PM
    LMAO, the newest release of meterberry already alerts me, i have it set up to alert me at 10 and then it even has a quickpull type feature built into it

thanks though!
    I should have known LOL
    04-03-09 07:37 PM
    I should have known LOL
    come on now! i do manage to do some storm related things on my own (meterberry was all marcus' doing) LMAO
    04-03-09 07:40 PM
    I have memoryup pro -makes me feel good.
    04-03-09 08:55 PM
    I have memoryup pro -makes me feel good.
    What does memory pro do?!

EDIT: I looked it up... Does it actually work? What kinda difference do u see before vs after?

Last edited by doidaporti; 04-03-09 at 09:54 PM.
    04-03-09 09:35 PM
    Does anyone know why everyone's device runs differently? Even if some of us are running identical apps. and identical os's we have different results with battery life and memory. Why is that oh blackberry genious's???
    04-04-09 12:40 AM
    Does anyone know why everyone's device runs differently? Even if some of us are running identical apps. and identical os's we have different results with battery life and memory. Why is that oh blackberry genious's???
    If I could answer that I would be a millionaire

04-04-09 01:51 AM
    So I just tried out AppleBerry Classic on the Curve 8900, it's still in early beta but I was shocked at how well it ran. The most surprising and shocking part was that the device had over 100MB Application Memory free!!!

I forgot that it had 192MB of memory, it's pretty wild.
    Andrew,

What are the main things you see differently between the 8900 & the 8330? I do like my Storm & my main 2 complaints with my 8330 were the track ball (there's a reason mice no longer have them) and the lack of Rev-A speed. However my storm is just as slow as far as Internet speed goes (or so it seems). Typing is much easier on the 8330 for me too. Any thoughts on the 9630?

~X
    04-04-09 06:48 AM
    Memory was SO bad with .113 I had to use a different .sfi file (.90 like Marcus - where is he anyway? Right now I'm running BBCrackman's v3 Hybrid - not long enough for much input)

~X
    04-04-09 07:00 AM

Oh yeah, BIG TIME battery killer! BBCrackman's using .114 as a base (.sfi file too) some .109 & I think 9500 .113 files but they may be 9530 I'm not sure.

~X
    04-04-09 07:05 AM
    Good night all (um, make that morning). I'm off to bed, have a GREAT weekend!

~X
    04-04-09 07:16 AM
    A big part of battery life is how strong your signal is while sitting during the day. The stronger the signal, the less power the phone uses trying to hold it. If you sit in a fringe area, the phone will suck juice trying to search for/hold a signal.

As for the memory...clueless
    04-04-09 07:25 AM
10,775 ... 383384385386387 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD