hey andrew...

i thought you said if you have your own theme website you cant advertise on here?!

i was looking around and have found threads on here of themes with a link to the actual theme site to purchase the theme...

example...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/st...-burst-194168/

im confuzzled =P
    04-02-09 07:31 AM
    hey andrew...

i thought you said if you have your own theme website you cant advertise on here?!

i was looking around and have found threads on here of themes with a link to the actual theme site to purchase the theme...

example...

im confuzzled =P
    All the buy links in the post take you the CB store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 07:38 AM
    All the buy links in the post take you the CB store

LMAO... i didnt even look at it that much... i need more coffee.. forgive me for my blondness!
    04-02-09 07:41 AM
    LMAO... i didnt even look at it that much... i need more coffee.. forgive me for my blondness!
    Lol no problem babe I was excited there for a minute thinking maybe you were on to something. I even called you nancy drew for a second

04-02-09 07:50 AM
    hey andrew...

example...

im confuzzled =P
    There are a few examples of developers not linking to the CB store and going straight to Mobihand. I actually had a mod delete and replace my links to go from Mobihand to the CB store, which is weird. =P

But I understand, CB is a business!

I gotta say I've been working on an 8900 theme for the past few days, and it seems like an awesome device. I'm actually going to be able to fit an AppleBerry icon dock on their homescreen that's 6 icons wide, 100% size. There really is an advantage to having the widescreen vs. the portrait, but there are disadvantages too.

PS - I'm also cooking something up for the Storm. (=
    04-02-09 07:55 AM
    Lol no problem babe I was excited there for a minute thinking maybe you were on to something. I even called you nancy drew for a second

i swear a couple days ago i found some with links to a non-CB site, they must have been contacted by CB cuz now its all CB store links.

i am a bit of a nancy drew, i cant help it
    04-02-09 08:08 AM
    I am just curious, I still seem to be having serious memory leakage. I have the following installed on the phone:

log maid, quick pull, facebook, AppleBerry Glass 1.2 with Weather & Today & Stacks, BB Weather, AIM, ESPN, MLB.com, NYMets.com

Can anyone explain why I am still experiencing such large leaks? I can start with 30+ MB in the morning or after a "Battery Pull" and 8-10 hours later i am under 5 MB. Someone please help.
    04-02-09 08:45 AM
    I am just curious, I still seem to be having serious memory leakage. I have the following installed on the phone:

log maid, quick pull, facebook, AppleBerry Glass 1.2 with Weather & Today & Stacks, BB Weather, AIM, ESPN, MLB.com, NYMets.com

Can anyone explain why I am still experiencing such large leaks? I can start with 30+ MB in the morning or after a "Battery Pull" and 8-10 hours later i am under 5 MB. Someone please help.
    Try out AppleBerry Classic and let me know if you still have memory leaks to the same degree. I don't want to start naming off things that could be causing a memory leak because everybody's device is different, but I find any theme with a "Today" screen is worse off than those without.

I also recommend downloading QuickPull if you're still manually pulling the battery, I do a QP every 6-8 hours regardless of my memory status and it just keeps it running tip-top.
    04-02-09 09:38 AM

Are you experiencing lag when your memory drops that low?
    04-02-09 09:59 AM
    Are you experiencing lag when your memory drops that low?
    Yes I am. I tend to see it when I am texting people.
    04-02-09 10:17 AM
    Try out AppleBerry Classic and let me know if you still have memory leaks to the same degree. I don't want to start naming off things that could be causing a memory leak because everybody's device is different, but I find any theme with a "Today" screen is worse off than those without.

I also recommend downloading QuickPull if you're still manually pulling the battery, I do a QP every 6-8 hours regardless of my memory status and it just keeps it running tip-top.
    I will try the other theme, even though I absolutely LOVE the Appleberry Glass WB 1.2 theme. You did an amazing job on it.
    04-02-09 10:17 AM
    Hastings...I wanted to know if I could get a little custom work to apple berry glass 1.2 wb version?...I want all the text(font) changed from white to black on homepage and move weather bug more to the left close to end of screen....thanks...I donated already

04-02-09 11:46 AM
    Hastings, Are You Sending Out Custom Build Versions Now
    04-02-09 01:39 PM
    PS - I'm also cooking something up for the Storm. (=
    Wants to know what is cooking the Hasting kitchen for the STORM (Hopefully a Black Glass Ver. with out the stacks
    04-02-09 02:30 PM
    'Scuse me.. I can't seem to buy the item. The radio button is gone and I can't hit "add to cart" - What's wrong? (And can I just donate 6 bucks to get around this?)
    04-02-09 02:41 PM
    'Scuse me.. I can't seem to buy the item. The radio button is gone and I can't hit "add to cart" - What's wrong? (And can I just donate 6 bucks to get around this?)
    Wow, good find. The "Add to Cart" button is missing on both the CB store and Mobihand store, that's not good. =P

I'm sure the mods will crucify me for this, but yes, donate away:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/we...7b0ecd252eac84

Keep in mind that's in CDN.

VERY disappointed in Mobihand.

I'll send out the files manually.
    04-02-09 02:47 PM
    Thanks, I'll PM you with some details though.
    04-02-09 02:48 PM
    Hastings, Are You Sending Out Custom Build Versions Now
    Not yet, probably going to have one more release which will finish the theme up. From there I'll start customizing it for people. (=

@ Polar

I'm updating AppleBerry for the Storm, porting over AppleBerry to the 8900, and I'm also creating a totally different theme.

I'm actually going to Waterloo tomorrow to hang with a bunch of guys from RIM, so I'm going to get their input on a few issues.
    04-02-09 02:52 PM
    Yeah uh, hastings, that link doesn't work. Some paypal error is given.
    04-02-09 02:55 PM
    I'm actually going to Waterloo tomorrow to hang with a bunch of guys from RIM, so I'm going to get their input on a few issues.
    See if you can pick up some Gold Code while you're there. RIM should be in a leaking mood after the fantastic earnings report they just released!
    04-02-09 03:18 PM
    I've come to notice that some themes lag a bit in terms of the scrolling compared to the default Precision Zen theme. Does anyone know if this one experiences the same problems?
    04-02-09 03:37 PM
    I've come to notice that some themes lag a bit in terms of the scrolling compared to the default Precision Zen theme. Does anyone know if this one experiences the same problems?
    Allt he themes are going to leak, pre and post the release of Plazmic. The only theme I've had no issues with is the Precision Default Zen.

I've used Appleberry all day, went from 31.7 to 9.2. Granted the use on the phone as well dictates the slowness
    04-02-09 03:43 PM
    I have had ZERO leak with either APG or Sphereberry.

currently on 113, but similar results on 103.

Saying all themes leak is just not true.
    04-02-09 05:00 PM
    I have had ZERO leak with either APG or Sphereberry.

currently on 113, but similar results on 103.

Saying all themes leak is just not true.
    it really depends on the device... im with class... 12-24 hours of glass and i am in the teens or single digits but other themes do the same

EDIT: meanwhile if i change to the default theme, i am stable in the low 30s or high 20s but i just cant deal with using it so quickpull 2x a day and i am okay
    Last edited by doidaporti; 04-02-09 at 05:05 PM.
    04-02-09 05:02 PM
    Yeah, memory leaks are VERY difficult to overcome. I don't think it's currently possible for any theme to prevent them, only slow them down by using a less complicated SVG.

We're actually very limited in terms of what we can do, but there's no magical solution to fixing a memory leak, despite what some developers will tell you. =P
    04-02-09 05:28 PM
10,775 ... 382383384385386 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD