As hard as it is to follow this thread, pretty sure I seen talk of a dark version of glass...
    But I was curious if there was any type of eta or more talk about this "appleberry tinted glass version", lol sorry had 2 say it! But patiently waiting and just curious as maybe I over looked something....
    This thread is hard to keep up with sometimes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 01:00 PM
    Well I don't think WB was the cause. Lost over 10mb again and my phone is just sitting there.
    03-30-09 01:10 PM
    Bryan.. is my sig approved by the Professor?
    Sweet I love it! Man I am on a sig LOL
    03-30-09 01:10 PM
    Well I don't think WB was the cause. Lost over 10mb again and my phone is just sitting there.
    Well the good news is you can put WB back on

Man you have got me stumped
    03-30-09 01:11 PM
    Here are my 3rd party apps..

Hockey News
    Slacker
    Facecall
    BBweather
    Instango
    Where
    Smartflicks
    Poynt
    Bolt
    Ap Mobile News
    VisualArts
    Aerize Alerts
    amAze GPS
    stormsaber
    softreset
    twitterberry
    flycast
    google maps
    youtube

Games
    Stormsimon
    Lights out
    Connect four
    parking lot
    tiltris
    stormsketch
    memory
    berry labyrinth
    space travel
    flight path
    stormyahtzee

I know I got a lot of stuff lol.. but I am positive all of them are not causing a memory leak unless I have missed some info posted on this site.
    03-30-09 01:48 PM
    Here are my 3rd party apps..

Hockey News
    Slacker
    Facecall
    BBweather
    Instango
    Where
    Smartflicks
    Poynt
    Bolt
    Ap Mobile News
    VisualArts
    Aerize Alerts
    amAze GPS
    stormsaber
    softreset
    twitterberry
    flycast
    google maps
    youtube

Games
    Stormsimon
    Lights out
    Connect four
    parking lot
    tiltris
    stormsketch
    memory
    berry labyrinth
    space travel
    flight path
    stormyahtzee

I know I got a lot of stuff lol.. but I am positive all of them are not causing a memory leak unless I have missed some info posted on this site.
    My first thought would be to get rid of google maps and youtube. Download LogMaid (click on "No Memory OCD" in my sig.) it's a free memory app. that runs in the background. Do a battery pull, then allow your Berry to settle in for 12-24 hours.
    03-30-09 01:59 PM
    The corners are tricky, while they're still wet you should press them down to the corners for about 5-10 minutes until they stick. 2 out of my 4 corners are no longer stuck, but I just accept it. The skins don't scratch, and they always make your device super shiny. (=
    I hated the corners when i did an install of ghost armor. next time i will find a place at mall and pay them to do it for me. My wife could care less about my phone lol.
    03-30-09 02:02 PM
    I have logmaid, I forgot to post that! I will get rid of youtube since I don't use it much but is google maps really that bad??
    03-30-09 02:05 PM
    I have logmaid, I forgot to post that! I will get rid of youtube since I don't use it much but is google maps really that bad??
    For some people it is. I don't have a problem with it. I would make sure it's only running when you need it. Also make sure you don't leave any apps. open when you're not using them.
    03-30-09 02:07 PM
    Do you have the memory clean up enabled on your Storm? That may help as well.

Enable & Use Memory Cleaning (You only need to enable once, or after an update of the OS). Click Options, then Security Options, then Memory Cleaning, first set it to enable, then when you do my clean up routine, just press the BB button and select Clean Now (After Clicking on Memory Cleanup)

I would also ask BM to look at your apps. list when he's around, he would know way more about it than I do!
    03-30-09 02:11 PM
    Not sure what this app. is (amAze GPS) but if it's GPS and it's running it could also be the cause of a memory leak!
    03-30-09 02:15 PM
    I only make it run when I need it. I don't leave apps open if I don't use them.
    03-30-09 02:17 PM
    Do you have the memory clean up enabled on your Storm? That may help as well.

Enable & Use Memory Cleaning (You only need to enable once, or after an update of the OS). Click Options, then Security Options, then Memory Cleaning, first set it to enable, then when you do my clean up routine, just press the BB button and select Clean Now (After Clicking on Memory Cleanup)

I would also ask BM to look at your apps. list when he's around, he would know way more about it than I do!
    Yes google maps and you tube were big memory leaks for me. The problem being everybodys berry handles these programs differently

Really the best way to trouble shoot memory leaks (unfortunately) is to un install and re install one at a time.
    I know a pain in the *** but truly is the best way

03-30-09 02:38 PM
    Just enabled memory cleaner. Thanks.
    03-30-09 02:41 PM
    so i uninstalled myspace, talklock and youtube and installed stormlock and bbscout.... and havent been lower than the mid-twenties, i am keeping my fingers crossed!!
    03-30-09 02:43 PM
    Just enabled memory cleaner. Thanks.
    Beware of memory cleaner it will most likely lag your unlocking and locking function

03-30-09 02:43 PM
    so i uninstalled myspace, talklock and youtube and installed stormlock and bbscout.... and havent been lower than the mid-twenties, i am keeping my fingers crossed!!
    Great news

Keep us posted

03-30-09 02:44 PM
    OK skin is on and I attached some pics

This one is of the screen I purposely greased it up to kind of show the protector

This one shows the back, the skin attaches to all exposed part of your berrr

Here is one of the sides I circled the area that you can see the uncovered part of the phone to give you a better idea.

Thanks again Andrew so far I like the feel and typing on this new skin, feels like it is more stable in my hand.
    03-30-09 03:03 PM
    Looks good!

In a couple of days it will look much better too.

Keep your fingers on those corners! =P
    03-30-09 03:15 PM
    Bm- Is it the pics or do your have your storm that beat up already? lol I think you needed the skins a few months ago. I am impressed how well you got the skin on there though. I get bubbles trying to put on a screen saver!
    03-30-09 04:15 PM
    LMAO, i thought the same thing... it does look beat up
    03-30-09 04:19 PM
    Bm-Polar and Hastings! Thanks so much for the advice. I suspect that my phone wasn't wiped properly- however it IS working right now and I just don't have the stomach to even think about trying to do that wipe thing again. At one point yesterday (about when I was in tears) I had lost all my contacts and my calendar. I run my salon around the 2 of those and that is my worst nightmare. The guy was telling me it was just gone- I thought I could get it back thru Outlook but he was telling me no-- (I could and did)- so for right now - at least a day or 2- I am not messing with my phone at all! lol
    When I do get the whatchacallits to try the wipe- I may try to put one of those leaked os on and you guys can walk me thru it.- my nerves just need a break right now!
    03-30-09 04:29 PM
    LMAO, i thought the same thing... it does look beat up
    Hmmmmm I think he made a notation about messing it up on purpose to show the skin!! LOL
    03-30-09 04:31 PM
    reviews finally showed up on mobihand
    03-30-09 04:31 PM
    Hmmmmm I think he made a notation about messing it up on purpose to show the skin!! LOL
    yea, he made it greasy.. but it looks greasy and beat up
    03-30-09 04:32 PM
10,775 ... 368369370371372 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD