ok so... the leak i thought was gone isnt really gone and i have no clue where is coming from. i have deleted stuff one by one and cant seem to figure it out.
    03-30-09 09:20 AM
    If you haven't already seen it........check it out! BlackBerry Rocks!

Andrew is the first story!
    03-30-09 09:24 AM
    Bryan how's the new skin?
    03-30-09 09:26 AM
    ok so... the leak i thought was gone isnt really gone and i have no clue where is coming from. i have deleted stuff one by one and cant seem to figure it out.
    Ok so what have you done so far and what is installed on your berry.. we can work it out

If you haven't already seen it........check it out! BlackBerry Rocks!

Andrew is the first story!
    Nice find Shelly

Bryan how's the new skin?
    LOL I don't know my wife was hosting her cooking contest till 1am and back at at 4am this morning (damn east coast time), so I haven't had a chance to beg her to put them on yet.
    03-30-09 09:30 AM
    i have the following installed:

aim
    bb weather
    buzz me
    capture it
    easy button
    facebook
    fligh path
    google sync
    log maid
    meterberry
    mobile banking
    myspace
    opera mini
    quick launch
    quick pull
    snapple cap
    storm sketch
    talk lock
    you tube

i have uninstalled stuff and by the end of the day i am in the teen anyway or sometimes within a couple hours of a quickpull... so idk

any clue based on my list of apps?
    03-30-09 09:37 AM
    My pleasure
    Make sure after you get done arranging icons and folders you do a battery pull. That we'll speed the theme quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just curious as to what the battery pull does for the phone? I downloaded the theme but haven't done a battery pull yet. I'm guessing this should be done. Is there a certain amount of time the battery should be out before reinstalling?
    03-30-09 09:43 AM
    i have the following installed:

aim
    bb weather
    buzz me
    capture it
    easy button
    facebook
    fligh path
    google sync
    log maid
    meterberry
    mobile banking
    myspace
    opera mini
    quick launch
    quick pull
    snapple cap
    storm sketch
    talk lock
    you tube

i have uninstalled stuff and by the end of the day i am in the teen anyway or sometimes within a couple hours of a quickpull... so idk

any clue based on my list of apps?
    You tube was a big one for me and I have never used talklock.... But you said you deleted each one and it still is going down.
    03-30-09 09:44 AM
    You tube was a big one for me and I have never used talklock.... But you said you deleted each one and it still is going down.
    I did most ill try those... Ty bry

03-30-09 09:46 AM
    Just curious as to what the battery pull does for the phone? I downloaded the theme but haven't done a battery pull yet. I'm guessing this should be done. Is there a certain amount of time the battery should be out before reinstalling?
    If I do a physical battery pull I usually keep it out for at least 30 sec to 1 minute. You can download quick pull which simulates a battery pull without actually taking out the battery.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...3tVeIv7POUyuZg

The importance of a Battery Pull...
    A battery pull is a way of resetting the device to regain lost memory and to start fresh. Doing a battery pull will usually fix most minor issues.

A battery pull consists of:
    removing the battery cover
    removing the battery while the device is still on
    waiting 15 seconds
    and re-inserting the battery
    The phone will take anywhere between 2 and 6 minutes to reboot itself.
    Once rebooted the device will run clean and fresh. It is recommended to do a battery pull once a day or more (depending on your memory loss)
    A helpful program that can do this for you can be found here
    03-30-09 09:46 AM
    Pulling the battery is a way of resetting your phone. It should be done after any new theme is installed, and again after you rearrange your icons. Leave the battery out 15 seconds or so then put it back in and let it boot.

You can also download this FREE app. that simulates a battery pull without having to remove the battery!

QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    03-30-09 09:48 AM
    If I do a physical battery pull I usually keep it out for at least 30 sec to 1 minute. You can download quick pull which simulates a battery pull without actually taking out the battery.

A battery pull is a way of resetting the device to regain lost memory and to start fresh. Doing a battery pull will usually fix most minor issues.

waiting 15 seconds
    Once rebooted the device will run clean and fresh. It is recommended to do a battery pull once a day or more (depending on your memory loss)

D-A-M-N.........I knew I wouldn't be quick enough! lol
    03-30-09 09:49 AM
    D-A-M-N.........I knew I wouldn't be quick enough! lol
    LOL I just happened to be listing stuff on ebay so the computer was handy

Nice post by the way I agree completely
    03-30-09 09:50 AM
    Since I got rid of WeatherBug and installed BBWeather, that seems to have taken care of my memory issue! I have google maps and it doesn't seem to be a problem. However, I'm still a Big Chicken!! LOL
    03-30-09 09:55 AM
    I just installed BBWeather as well in hopes to improve memory drain with Appleberry. I can't seem to get the icon to update on my homescreen? Does that work for everyone else? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
    03-30-09 10:07 AM
    I just installed BBWeather as well in hopes to improve memory drain with Appleberry. I can't seem to get the icon to update on my homescreen? Does that work for everyone else? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
    Try these setting for BB Weather and see if they help

03-30-09 10:11 AM
    Bry... What lock app do u use again?

03-30-09 10:14 AM
    Bry... What lock app do u use again?

I use storm lock its not free but I love the options

StormLock - Lock Touch Screen While On Calls With Your BlackBerry Storm | Steelthorn Software
    Last edited by bmtenney; 03-30-09 at 10:23 AM.
    03-30-09 10:21 AM

waiting 15 seconds
    thanks to you and Nail Lady 1 for explaining this to me. I figured it had to be some sort of reset for the phone and had read battery pulls were key to the Storm running smoothly. I just wanted to know for sure what the deal was. I have been enjoying the Classic theme and things seemed pretty normal for me so if it speeds up then that will be even better.
    03-30-09 10:24 AM
    Ok so it seems to be running a bit better. Still lost 10mb overnight while my phone charged. Do u guys think weatherbug could be the problem?

03-30-09 10:28 AM
    Ok so it seems to be running a bit better. Still lost 10mb overnight while my phone charged. Do u guys think weatherbug could be the problem?

Oh yeah WB was horrible for me! Since installed BB weather I have steady memory and a faster phone, and better battery life. I would recommend getting rid of WB and trying BB Weather.
    03-30-09 10:33 AM
    thanks to you and Nail Lady 1 for explaining this to me. I figured it had to be some sort of reset for the phone and had read battery pulls were key to the Storm running smoothly. I just wanted to know for sure what the deal was. I have been enjoying the Classic theme and things seemed pretty normal for me so if it speeds up then that will be even better.
    No problem glad to help
    03-30-09 10:34 AM
    Ok I will give it a try. I am going to miss tne sharpness of the WB icon. Bbweather icon looks like crap

03-30-09 10:45 AM
    Ok I will give it a try. I am going to miss tne sharpness of the WB icon. Bbweather icon looks like crap

Yeah it is not as sharp but there are a lot of pros for the program:
    No memory leak, no battery drain, instant weather on home screen when you power on your phone. Look at it this way if you still have the leak then you can put WB back on
    03-30-09 10:49 AM
    Helena

Here is a screen shot of the options for storm lock (one of the main reasons I keep using them over all the others) I just like the fact that I have control over a program and can set options for it, and their customer service is on par with Andrew IMO

03-30-09 10:51 AM
    I use storm lock its not free but I love the options

StormLock - Lock Touch Screen While On Calls With Your BlackBerry Storm | Steelthorn Software
    trying out the free trial
    03-30-09 11:00 AM
10,775 ... 366367368369370 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD