That's what these forums should be about patient help

My pleasure anytime

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BM....you always seem to have the answers and i have several questions that vary in topics. is this the forum to do it or should i pm you? thx
    03-29-09 10:46 PM
    BM....you always seem to have the answers and i have several questions that vary in topics. is this the forum to do it or should i pm you? thx
    Go ahead and shoot me a PM

I am signing off for the night my kiddo is getting tired bit I will look at them first thing in the am.

03-29-09 10:51 PM
    Goodnight Bryan!

Let me know how the skin turns out. Remember, it'll take about two days for the bubbles to disappear, but they will disappear.

Cheers
    03-29-09 11:32 PM
    Thanks for the great theme. Both the free and the purchased themes are awesome. Thanks!!!
    03-29-09 11:39 PM
    Goodnight Bryan!

Let me know how the skin turns out. Remember, it'll take about two days for the bubbles to disappear, but they will disappear.

Cheers
    do you know if the skin is from uniqueskins? i have been thinking of getting one but the silicone covers have saved my phone from countless drops im afraid of going without.
    03-29-09 11:59 PM
    Maddie, nothing is worse then things not working correctly. Sucks that u got upset.

Check this thread out- I�m not sure it will help but i did a Google search and i found the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/unc...-error-129334/

Uncaught Exception - ControlledAccessException - *Fix* - PinStack.com

Check these out and let me know how it goes before we try something else. Sorry for your bad experience.
    Thank you so much for the tips. The first link is the error that I am getting. I looked thru the apps I have and didn't find one that is expired but I am going to have to look better I guess.
    Also-- the verizon tech said he "wiped" my phone of everything and that is was restored to factory reset-yet when I went into Options/advanced app./apps-- alot of the 3rd party apps I had on my phone are listed there. Is that supposed to happen?
    03-30-09 12:53 AM
    Just get the messages not the Apps list. This is frustrating. I think i will go to bed, and try it again tomorrow morning. I have tried taking the battery out, deleting the history, cache and what not. I try to go the 3rd party apps but....... oh well..... we tried. I shall install opera tomorrow morning and we will see and will let you know. Thank you again. You have no idea how much i appreciate your patience. Thanks again.
    I was on that tread earlier today and there was a notice saying it was going to be down for 48 to 72 hours.

And Hastings- I am appalled by those whiners that forced you to have to sell your themes. And I agree with others that you are selling them at too low a price for that whole package. IMO certain people get jealous when your theme is outdoing all others by such a huge margin. OH WELL-- the best is the best and that is all there is too it.
    Last edited by maddie1128; 03-30-09 at 01:15 AM.
    03-30-09 01:11 AM
    Well I am new to the storm world but this app/theme looks cool, I am close to buying this.
    Thank you
    03-30-09 03:28 AM
    You really should
    it's a great theme
    03-30-09 04:06 AM
    Awesome Bryan!

A couple pointers:

- It can take like 2 hours to get it perfect.
    - I recommend sitting in a steamy bathroom while you do it.
    - Make sure to always wet your fingers before you pick up the skin, if your skin sticks to the "skin" you'll have to rip it off, which may distort it.
    - Patience!!!

Good luck. =P
    So, I might have trouble one handed huh? I like a challenge!

~X
    03-30-09 04:36 AM
    I use the regular internet browser, not OPERA. I guess i have to check it out on OPERA. I had read that OPERA has it's downsides, but the ups way more than the downsides? I guess will have to give it a shot. I guess i have to install the browser at operamini.com. Would i have to turn off compatability since i don't think it's made for the storm yet, probably running on beta yet i guess. Please advise. Thanks again for everything folks.
    You're loking at a different version of Opera than they are referring to. You're looking at Opera Mobile (I think) which is different than Opera Mini. Here's a link to the Opera Mini app they are referring to:

Opera Mini
    http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?rnd=2...ion=hifi&rel=4

Use your BlackBerry browser to download & install to your phone.

~X
    03-30-09 04:48 AM
    Is anyone still experiencing memory leaks while using OS.113 with the Appleberry Glass 1.2 (WB version w/Today)? I only have Facebook, AIM, Google Maps, and VZ Nav on my phone and my App memory plumets by the end of the day from 30 down to 5 or under. Any suggestions?
    03-30-09 06:57 AM
    Thank you so much for the tips. The first link is the error that I am getting. I looked thru the apps I have and didn't find one that is expired but I am going to have to look better I guess.
    Also-- the verizon tech said he "wiped" my phone of everything and that is was restored to factory reset-yet when I went into Options/advanced app./apps-- alot of the 3rd party apps I had on my phone are listed there. Is that supposed to happen?

Maddie, from what i understand when you do a wipe only the default programs should be on the your BB. Any 3rd party app you downloaded should not be there.

if those threads don’t work,

You want to wipe this way-

Back up your phone, and then run the following program-

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Follow the instructions on the linked post,

And then reload the OS software,(http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/) and restore you back up.

If you do this, it will not back up you downloaded 3rd party apps.

If you do want to back up your 3rd party apps- go here-

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

I hope this helps. Based on what u said, and what i have read, the error message seems to be from a 3rd party app, but im not for sure. I am not in any way BB expert so please note the following: Install leaked/beta OS's/Wiping your device at your own risk. I will not accept responsibility if you brick your phone. But if you do i will do my best to help ya fix it.
    Last edited by polar135; 03-30-09 at 08:09 AM.
    03-30-09 07:07 AM
    Is anyone still experiencing memory leaks while using OS.113 with the Appleberry Glass 1.2 (WB version w/Today)? I only have Facebook, AIM, Google Maps, and VZ Nav on my phone and my App memory plumets by the end of the day from 30 down to 5 or under. Any suggestions?
    Are you running Weather Bug? Do you close programs when you are finshed using them? (Blackberry button---> Close)

I run .113 and glass 1.2 WB Verizon without today) and i noticed that WB stunk. i switched over to BB Weather.

Here is a link to BB Weather- New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    03-30-09 07:12 AM

If your adventurous Maddie I would suggest wiping the phone with JL Cmdr and then doing a fresh install of the OS. PM me if you have any questions.
    03-30-09 08:02 AM
    Baseknok I had problems with Google maps sucking my memory dry, once I deleted it my memory was stable. Try deleting that and see how your memory works
    03-30-09 08:04 AM
    If your adventurous Maddie I would suggest wiping the phone with JL Cmdr and then doing a fresh install of the OS. PM me if you have any questions.
    I have to agree with Bryan here. If you're having serious issues with your device, nothing will fix it quicker than a total REAL wipe and restore.

It's not as hard as you think, and it won't take anywhere close to FOUR HOURS!

Despite what the Verizon tech told you, if you still had 3rd party apps after a "wipe"...it probably wasn't wiped. =P
    03-30-09 08:05 AM
    Maddie, from what i understand when you do a wipe only the default programs should be. Any 3rd party app you downloaded should not be there.

if those threads don�t work,

You want to wipe this way-

Back up your phone, and then run the following program-

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Follow the instructions on the linked post,

And then reload the OS software,(http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/) and restore you back up.

If you do this, it will not back up you downloaded 3rd party apps.

If you do want to back up your 3rd party apps- go here-

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

I hope this helps. Based on what u said, and what i have read, the error message seems to be from a 3rd party app, but im not for sure. I am not in any way BB expert so please note the following: Install leaked/beta OS's/Wiping your device at your own risk. I will not accept responsibility if you brick your phone. But if you do i will do my best to help ya fix it.

LOL Polar you and I are on the same page it looks like

I would defiantly back up 3rd party apps, wipe with JL and do a fresh install Maddie.
    03-30-09 08:05 AM
    I have to agree with Bryan here. If you're having serious issues with your device, nothing will fix it quicker than a total REAL wipe and restore.

It's not as hard as you think, and it won't take anywhere close to FOUR HOURS!

Despite what the Verizon tech told you, if you still had 3rd party apps after a "wipe"...it probably wasn't wiped. =P
    Exactly the 3rd party apps should not have been there and the last time I wiped with JL it only added 30 min to the total process from start to finish.
    03-30-09 08:07 AM
    do you know if the skin is from uniqueskins? i have been thinking of getting one but the silicone covers have saved my phone from countless drops im afraid of going without.
    Goliath sent you a reply PM let me know if you have any further questions I can answer and hope that helps
    03-30-09 08:08 AM
    I do not even have Weatherbug installed. I just did a battery pull restart, and i will make sure to close programs when they are opened.
    03-30-09 08:16 AM
    I do not even have Weatherbug installed. I just did a battery pull restart, and i will make sure to close programs when they are opened.
    Try deleting google maps and see if that helps. It was a huge memory leak for me.
    03-30-09 08:20 AM
    I just did that. It was such a cool program too. Hopefully this works. Thank you very much.
    03-30-09 08:43 AM
    Here are some threads on how to make your storm run better or use it better- Check em out-

Tip and Tricks- http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/
    Make your Storm better- http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/gu...better-144849/

PK- http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pk...thread-181283/

Read threw em and see if you pick up info that u didnt know. I learned how to use my phone with the Tip and Tricks link.
    03-30-09 08:51 AM
    I just did that. It was such a cool program too. Hopefully this works. Thank you very much.
    Well the nice thing is you can always put it back on if it wasn't the problem

03-30-09 09:06 AM
10,775 ... 365366367368369 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD