Andrew,

Just got the skins in the mail as soon as my wife is done with her hosting duties I will have her put them on and post some pics. Thanks again
    Awesome Bryan!

A couple pointers:

- It can take like 2 hours to get it perfect.
    - I recommend sitting in a steamy bathroom while you do it.
    - Make sure to always wet your fingers before you pick up the skin, if your skin sticks to the "skin" you'll have to rip it off, which may distort it.
    - Patience!!!

Good luck. =P
    03-29-09 09:50 PM
    My pleasure,

ETA on a launch date.

~X
    As soon as possible. I'm just getting through various end of year assignments, then I have exams. )=
    03-29-09 09:54 PM
    Well I am going to try 1.0 without today and see how it does on my phone now.
    03-29-09 09:54 PM
    Awesome Bryan!

A couple pointers:

- It can take like 2 hours to get it perfect.
    - I recommend sitting in a steamy bathroom while you do it.
    - Make sure to always wet your fingers before you pick up the skin, if your skin sticks to the "skin" you'll have to rip it off, which may distort it.
    - Patience!!!

Good luck. =P
    Holy crap man! I feel like a nuclear scientist lol

Thanks for the pointers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:55 PM
    Well I am going to try 1.0 without today and see how it does on my phone now.
    Please keep us up to date I am really at a loss over your problem

03-29-09 09:56 PM
    Ok can someone give me an honest answer. I really love this Appleberry theme, and I am willing to pay for it, but has the app memory leakage been fixed on the today version?
    Does your Storm actually run slow with low memory? I'm sitting at 12MB right now after 1 1/2 days and it's still super fast. I can't promise that the little number won't go down, but I know for myself and many others it still runs fast regardless. =P
    03-29-09 10:02 PM
    I like that "Appleberry is Memory friendly" Andrew should put that on his site LOL
    I just tried it on opera and bb browser and the full list comes up for me

I use the regular internet browser, not OPERA. I guess i have to check it out on OPERA. I had read that OPERA has it's downsides, but the ups way more than the downsides? I guess will have to give it a shot. I guess i have to install the browser at operamini.com. Would i have to turn off compatability since i don't think it's made for the storm yet, probably running on beta yet i guess. Please advise. Thanks again for everything folks.
    03-29-09 10:05 PM
    Yea it goes down to about 3mb and thats when it becomes unuseable. The little circle will come up and load almost on anything.

edit: sitting at 29.3mb right now after an install and a reboot.
    03-29-09 10:05 PM
    So I got an email from Andrew and got Appleberry 1.2. I clicked on the link in my email from my storm (With Weatherbug, with today area (shows calendar and messages on homescreen)...and it downloaded, and told me it was installed. I shut off my phone, and pulled my battery (I'm assuming that's what I have to do to "reboot"). BUT, there's no change to my phone. Why doesn't it look like the Appleberry that's pictured on the first page? What did I do wrong?
    03-29-09 10:13 PM
    So I got an email from Andrew and got Appleberry 1.2. I clicked on the link in my email from my storm (With Weatherbug, with today area (shows calendar and messages on homescreen)...and it downloaded, and told me it was installed. I shut off my phone, and pulled my battery (I'm assuming that's what I have to do to "reboot"). BUT, there's no change to my phone. Why doesn't it look like the Appleberry that's pictured on the first page? What did I do wrong?
    Did you go to options>themes and select the new theme?

03-29-09 10:15 PM
    I use the regular internet browser, not OPERA. I guess i have to check it out on OPERA. I had read that OPERA has it's downsides, but the ups way more than the downsides? I guess will have to give it a shot. I guess i have to install the browser at operamini.com. Would i have to turn off compatability since i don't think it's made for the storm yet, probably running on beta yet i guess. Please advise. Thanks again for everything folks.
    I tried just now with the bb browser and got the whole list

03-29-09 10:16 PM
    you have to go into options>theme and change it to appleberry
    03-29-09 10:16 PM

Wow. I feel like an *****. Thanks. I'm so new to this stuff. I'm so glad it's a quick fix. Thank you!
    03-29-09 10:17 PM

damn you!
    03-29-09 10:17 PM
    you have to go into options>theme and change it to appleberry
    Also remember when you activate the new theme and get done arranging icons and folders. Then you want to do a battery pull

03-29-09 10:18 PM
    damn you!
    Too slow joe

03-29-09 10:19 PM
    Wow. I feel like an *****. Thanks. I'm so new to this stuff. I'm so glad it's a quick fix. Thank you!
    My pleasure
    Make sure after you get done arranging icons and folders you do a battery pull. That we'll speed the theme quite a bit.

03-29-09 10:20 PM
    First and foremost. Newbie here..........
    Have had the Storm for a week today exactly and upgraded from a pearl user fof 3 years. Just made my purchase of the appleberry and was as excited as a little boy that just left toys r us.....2 hours and 3 e-mails to them later = no luck.I dont think they work on weekends as stated in a previous post. please help with advise as I am not that technology savoy but based off of all your reviews and the look and feel of this I decided to BUY......Unlike the other gentleman I believe someone should benefit from the fruits of our labors. Assame it has come to people constatnly expecting hand outs. Hastings I look forward to your product, just figured you should know what you have to go through to get it

Cheers guys & gals and look forward to many chats..........
    03-29-09 10:20 PM
    I tried just now with the bb browser and got the whole list

Darn it. So i guess it just doesnt like me then..... wow. This sucks. I really don't know what's going on then........ oh well. Thanks any way, Sir, really appreciate your help.
    03-29-09 10:21 PM
    Have had the Storm for a week today exactly and upgraded from a pearl user fof 3 years. Just made my purchase of the appleberry and was as excited as a little boy that just left toys r us.....2 hours and 3 e-mails to them later = no luck.I dont think they work on weekends as stated in a previous post. please help with advise as I am not that technology savoy but based off of all your reviews and the look and feel of this I decided to BUY......Unlike the other gentleman I believe someone should benefit from the fruits of our labors. Assame it has come to people constatnly expecting hand outs. Hastings I look forward to your product, just figured you should know what you have to go through to get it

welcome to the appleberry family... sorry your having issues but you are going to love it once you finally get it
    03-29-09 10:23 PM
    Darn it. So i guess it just doesnt like me then..... wow. This sucks. I really don't know what's going on then........ oh well. Thanks any way, Sir, really appreciate your help.

Try this link and see if you have better luck

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305/

03-29-09 10:25 PM

Sorry you ran into problems with the order sounds like it is par for course. Welcome to the appleberry family and let us know when you are up and running

03-29-09 10:27 PM

Hey there,

Have you not received the confirmation email? You may want to check your spam folder. Failing that, email me directly: ahasting at ryerson dot ca

Send me your full name and I'll be able to send you the documentation.

Cheers
    03-29-09 10:33 PM
    Try this link and see if you have better luck

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/

Just get the messages not the Apps list. This is frustrating. I think i will go to bed, and try it again tomorrow morning. I have tried taking the battery out, deleting the history, cache and what not. I try to go the 3rd party apps but....... oh well..... we tried. I shall install opera tomorrow morning and we will see and will let you know. Thank you again. You have no idea how much i appreciate your patience. Thanks again.
    03-29-09 10:34 PM
    Just get the messages not the Apps list. This is frustrating. I think i will go to bed, and try it again tomorrow morning. I have tried taking the battery out, deleting the history, cache and what not. I try to go the 3rd party apps but....... oh well..... we tried. I shall install opera tomorrow morning and we will see and will let you know. Thank you again. You have no idea how much i appreciate your patience. Thanks again.
    That's what these forums should be about patient help

My pleasure anytime

03-29-09 10:37 PM
10,775 ... 364365366367368 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD