Hey all,

I just changed the price from $5 to $6. I originally thought MobiHand took 10%, but it turns out they take 20-40%.

That's an insane margin for them. I'm definitely not liking this...
    03-29-09 12:27 PM
    Hey all,

I just changed the price from $5 to $6. I originally thought MobiHand took 10%, but it turns out they take 20-40%.

Holy 5h1t!!!! That's insane...u need to drop everything else and get ur site up!!! Just...DAMN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:33 PM
    Hey all,

Maybe you should consider charging at least $7.00! That's a crazy profit for them, considering you've already done all the work to promote it!!
    03-29-09 12:36 PM
    Maybe you should consider charging at least $7.00! That's a crazy profit for them, considering you've already done all the work to promote it!!
    I agree 100%... $7 to $10 is more than fair

03-29-09 12:38 PM
    ...build it, tweak it, promote it...and its not like he needs them to sell it..he already has a following...he has built a better "mousetrap" and so it sells itself...unreal

03-29-09 12:40 PM

Or..........don't offer it as a "Suite"! Break it apart and sell them indiviually! The possibility of 8 themes for $6.00 is not offered by anyone else! Either way..........you need to still charge more!
    03-29-09 12:42 PM
    N

If u do the math, at $6.00 Andrew makes $4.80-$3.60 and they make $1.20-$2.40...nice pay for doing nothing...sheesh

03-29-09 12:44 PM
    I really want to keep the price low because I want this theme to be accessible to everybody. I can't believe they take 20-40%, that blows me away.

I wouldn't mind losing that much if Mobihand had better customer support, reviews that posted right away, a less confusing interface, and other value added features, but they don't.

Maybe the RIM Application store will have better terms...$5 really is the sweet spot.
    03-29-09 12:47 PM
    Yeah...think I'll stick w Glass since I don't have any issues w speed...good to have the choice tho...thanks Doidy

you're welcome...one day Glass, another day Classic, one day Glass........LOL
    N

If u do the math, at $6.00 Andrew makes $4.80-$3.60 and they make $1.20-$2.40...nice pay for doing nothing...sheesh

When u put it like that.... OUCHIE! No fair!

Hmm, I think I figured it out.

Apparently they only take 10% if I facilitate the transaction through a website I've created. So basically when I get my website up, if I allow people to purchase through my website using Mobihand's shopping cart I retain 90%. When I get this set up, I'll definitely knock the price back down to $5.
    03-29-09 12:51 PM
    I really want to keep the price low because I want this theme to be accessible to everybody. I can't believe they take 20-40%, that blows me away.

I wouldn't mind losing that much if Mobihand had better customer support, reviews that posted right away, a less confusing interface, and other value added features, but they don't.

Maybe the RIM Application store will have better terms...$5 really is the sweet spot.
    Yeah...as far as I can tell they pretty much have servers and a website and really don't do much else but send the product out...and not very well...sounds like the internet version of the banker bailout..."send us ur money and we'll keep the servers up...we won't do anything for U but the site will stay up..."

Sorry..just venting over another small enterprise forced to pay homage to the fat cats...sigh

03-29-09 12:54 PM
    Hmm, I think I figured it out.

Apparently they only take 10% if I facilitate the transaction through a website I've created. So basically when I get my website up, if I allow people to purchase through my website using Mobihand's shopping cart I retain 90%. When I get this set up, I'll definitely knock the price back down to $5.
    I'm glad that will work in your favor once you get your website up! I still think $6-$7 is very good deal for the 8 options offered in the "Suite" package!
    03-29-09 12:56 PM
    Yeah...as far as I can tell they pretty much have servers and a website and really don't do much else but send the product out...and not very well...sounds like the internet version of the banker bailout..."send us ur money and we'll keep the servers up...we won't do anything for U but the site will stay up..."

Sorry..just venting over another small enterprise forced to pay homage to the fat cats...sigh

Sham I hear ya man but every thing cost something ya know. Everyone wants a cut too My 2 cents.

Last edited by polar135; 03-29-09 at 01:30 PM.
    03-29-09 01:25 PM
    Hey all,

Trying hard not to comment.

~X
    03-29-09 01:58 PM
    Personally I like not only the look of Glass but I use the stacks! Very cool & handy. The ghosting p just ignore. I do loke Classic too. After all, it was THE one to have by Andrew and is clean & quick!

Thanks again Andrew!

~X
    03-29-09 02:21 PM
    Andrew,

If you want Web space now, I'll gladly give you a directory off my domain (a subdomain) & e-mail accounts/forwarders redirects ftp access, whatever you'd like. Right now my domain simply redirects to my MySpace page & I really only use e-mail accounts.

Not ideal but the offer's there for you.

~X
    03-29-09 03:14 PM
    Nice of you to offer. Luckily I'm a server junkie so I've never had a problem finding space to upload files. (=

Just bought a domain and host for my theme site, got a good price so I'm happy! (300GB/month bandwidth)
    03-29-09 03:20 PM
    Sham I hear ya man but every thing cost something ya know. Everyone wants a cut too My 2 cents.

Oh I know Polar...not meaning they shouldn't get something...but 20%-40%???? I don't care if they host the entire file, THAT'S exorbitant...10% I can understand...but then it'll be ANDREW hosting the file etc...just tweaks me a bit, that's all...but isn't this a GREAT theme???
    03-29-09 04:03 PM
    Andrew,

If you want Web space now, I'll gladly give you a directory off my domain (a subdomain) & e-mail accounts/forwarders redirects ftp access, whatever you'd like. Right now my domain simply redirects to my MySpace page & I really only use e-mail accounts.

Not ideal but the offer's there for you.

~X
    Nice offer X...wish I still had MY servers...lost them in a divorce...LOL...long story but I wish I could offer them
    03-29-09 04:05 PM
    Oh I know Polar...not meaning they shouldn't get something...but 20%-40%???? I don't care if they host the entire file, THAT'S exorbitant...10% I can understand...but then it'll be ANDREW hosting the file etc...just tweaks me a bit, that's all...but isn't this a GREAT theme???
    Actually I host 100% of the files. =P
    03-29-09 04:09 PM
    For kicks, go to Options/Theme & select the default Zen theme. Wait for it to load & do a battery pull & see if your icons work. If they do I'd suggest reinstalling AppleBerry Glass. If that doesn't work post again & I'm sure someone can either come up with other possible solutions or advice (swap those, it's late).

~X

X-thanks for taking the time to try to help me- I tried what you suggested--nothing. I was up till 4:30 this morning searching the forums and trying everything I could think of to no avail. Then at 10:30 I called verizon support and spent 4 hrs and 48 min. wiping and re-installing the os. Yeah I said 4 hrs and 48 mins and 3 techs. I was crying near the end. lol Anyway- we finally seemed to get it working so we hung up and after the first reboot I got the following: ! Uncaught exception:no application instance.
    The e-mails and texts work no though-- does anyone know what that means??? I don't have any 3rd party anything installed on my bb yet.
    03-29-09 04:50 PM
    X-thanks for taking the time to try to help me- I tried what you suggested--nothing. I was up till 4:30 this morning searching the forums and trying everything I could think of to no avail. Then at 10:30 I called verizon support and spent 4 hrs and 48 min. wiping and re-installing the os. Yeah I said 4 hrs and 48 mins and 3 techs. I was crying near the end. lol Anyway- we finally seemed to get it working so we hung up and after the first reboot I got the following: ! Uncaught exception:no application instance.
    The e-mails and texts work no though-- does anyone know what that means??? I don't have any 3rd party anything installed on my bb yet.
    I get that error sometimes too when I reboot but everything works fine so idk.

03-29-09 04:58 PM
    I really like the icons in the theme. The only draw back to me is the background. I work at night and the blue and purple put out too much light for what I do. I really wish this theme came in a black background. It would be perfect.
    Just my $.02 PS mobi charges a lot. I agree if you can host them and set up a paypal, then you would be better to sell them yourself. You have created a nice theme. One of the best I have seen. Good Luck and hope RIM store can help if you don't want to sell them yourself.
    Thanks ---- Black Background would sell too.
    03-29-09 04:58 PM
    I really like the icons in the theme. The only draw back to me is the background. I work at night and the blue and purple put out too much light for what I do. I really wish this theme came in a black background. It would be perfect.
    Just my $.02 PS mobi charges a lot. I agree if you can host them and set up a paypal, then you would be better to sell them yourself. You have created a nice theme. One of the best I have seen. Good Luck and hope RIM store can help if you don't want to sell them yourself.
    Thanks ---- Black Background would sell too.
    Not sure if you know but you can change the background in portrait to whatever you want

03-29-09 05:01 PM
10,775 ... 362363364365366 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD