Don't buy from this guy. $5 for a theme, are you joking? He also promised that his themes would be free. LIAR LIAR LIAR
    03-29-09 12:11 AM
    Got a question here- (and please don't make me search) My eyes are going crossed from doing detailed work all day. I know there are a few genious in this thread..so my problem is- my battery went dead tonight on my bb- for the first time ever- now when I charged it up some it is saying "uncaught java exceptions" and when I try to click on my messages nothing happens or for the sms. Also my wb icon moved to a different location. HELP! I did several battery pulls and soft resets and nothing changes! Any ideas??
    03-29-09 12:17 AM
    Don't buy from this guy. $5 for a theme, are you joking? He also promised that his themes would be free. LIAR LIAR LIAR
    Chase- Liar is over the top dude. The theme hastings has created are worth the money you spend on them. imo. Things change at times and that is what happened in this case. Please don't be rude. It�s unneeded.
    03-29-09 12:20 AM
    Question for everyone-

Has anyone tired Crackmem to load up a new OS and in the process take off stock backgrounds and videos?

Here is a screen shot from the program and a link to info about the program.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by polar135; 03-29-09 at 12:33 AM.
    03-29-09 12:28 AM
    Use it every time.
    03-29-09 12:48 AM
    Troll!

~X
    03-29-09 01:07 AM
    Question for everyone-

Has anyone tired Crackmem to load up a new OS and in the process take off stock backgrounds and videos?
    I was using it but it quit working for me so I've learned what files to delete from the "Java" directory and just do it by hand. DM has been buggy for me too but that's a cool & easy tool to use as is CrackUtils.

~X
    03-29-09 01:17 AM
    Got a question here- (and please don't make me search) My eyes are going crossed from doing detailed work all day. I know there are a few genious in this thread..so my problem is- my battery went dead tonight on my bb- for the first time ever- now when I charged it up some it is saying "uncaught java exceptions" and when I try to click on my messages nothing happens or for the sms. Also my wb icon moved to a different location. HELP! I did several battery pulls and soft resets and nothing changes! Any ideas??
    My thoughts are a bad/corrupted theme (hopefully) or possibly corrupted OS. Had you installed anything prior to this? How many themes do you have installed?

~X
    03-29-09 01:25 AM
    Just saying to offer a version without, not replace it.

Hopefully would give the speed of classic and get rid of the icon ghosting.
    whats icon ghosting? BIG fan of AB stacks!! Andrews the man!
    03-29-09 01:33 AM
    I think the whole issue goes beyond CB and it's moderators. This site has ties to Mobihand, and there may have been external pressure from third parties to enforce the rules.

Not only that, I was telling Bryan that this may actually be a blessing in disguise. I think this will allow me to focus on development now instead of worrying about sending out batches of emails every day.
    I would pop a site up yourself and continue doing it the same and all your supporters can insure not to buy from CB. You can always promote as your were on other forums. Free Enterprise still exists and its ridiculous for them to force you to sell in store just so they can get a piece.
    03-29-09 01:38 AM
    Thanks Andrew (P.S.-update your signature). I have an "old" custom version of AppleBerry. Someone convince me to change or not. Am I reading to much between the lines? Someone -send me a private message in code -because the walls have eyes
    how do you like vlingo? i downloaded and its not working. did you have to do any changes to preferences for the storm?
    03-29-09 01:45 AM
    In AppleBerry Classic 1.0, why do the first two rows of icons get swapped when going from the applications screen to the home screen? Is this by design or a simple oversight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:49 AM
    My thoughts are a bad/corrupted theme (hopefully) or possibly corrupted OS. Had you installed anything prior to this? How many themes do you have installed?

~X
    I only have hastings glass theme with wb - have been running it for weeks with no problem. Haven't added any apps in the last week or so. I don't know the first thing about all that wiping and installing of a new os. The whole thing scares me to death as I have all the appointments for my business plus all the contacts that I can't afford to lose (plus I am not too computer literate.)lol That is why I am still running .76.
    My message folder completely disappeared and the sms/mms folder does nothing when I click on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-29-09 01:57 AM
    Being new to Opera too, you just have to get used to it. It seems like text entry fields require a click & links require a very slight press but not a click. That's how it seems for me.

~X
    yeah, after playing with it some more, i actually have to double tap to activate any field box and one click for links. its does seem faster. ill have to see how it works as i get familiar with it. i am still trying to figure out what wap is and how it differs from a normal website. i treat my phone like my pc and go into sites. some do seem to be reconfig with less data.
    03-29-09 02:00 AM
    Chase- Liar is over the top dude. The theme hastings has created are worth the money you spend on them. imo. Things change at times and that is what happened in this case. Please don't be rude. It�s unneeded.
    i second this!!!!! Besides, its his hard work and you cant expect everything to be free forever and it wasnt his choice. take it up with CB. the fact that he has been so generous in offering it for free is amazing. Better to be nice and find another theme to use rather than being rude to a guy that has been nothing be generous because you arent willing to give the guy a few bucks for his hard work and the best theme out there.
    03-29-09 02:07 AM
    I'm guessing that this dweeb is one of the reasons that Andrew was FORCED into selling his themes by CB...the first thing I thought when I saw what had happened was that some whiners had gone to the mods of CB and said:

"Whaaaaa...he is giving special attention to people who he makes donate to them even though he SAYS its free...whaaaa...make him give ME the version I want cause its not FAIR that I have to donate to him for his hard work...whaaaaa...whaaa...whaaa...its my RIGHT to have this theme so make him GIVE it to me!!!!"

Its sad that people like Andrew who give so much of themselves to others in the work they do are punished for others complaining...if thats how this happened...I thank you Andrew as always for the time you have "donated" to this theme and the many people who have come to love it...and again, this is just my 2 cents, not the views of Andrew or anyone else...

Time to go to work...have a great day in the forums people

One more thought...I'm not sure, but I would guess that more than a few of those who have donated have given MORE than the $5.00 he has been forced to ask for...as good as this theme is, I believe that $5.00 is CHEAP...again, just MHO
    Last edited by shamrock61; 03-29-09 at 05:41 AM.
    03-29-09 04:40 AM
    whats icon ghosting? BIG fan of AB stacks!! Andrews the man!
    Quite simply put would be to think of the icon to have a shadow. In the case of the Glass theme the icons would have a light grey box around them with beta OSes above .90. Depending on your use & background you may not even notice.

~X

03-29-09 05:24 AM
    I only have hastings glass theme with wb - have been running it for weeks with no problem. Haven't added any apps in the last week or so. I don't know the first thing about all that wiping and installing of a new os. The whole thing scares me to death as I have all the appointments for my business plus all the contacts that I can't afford to lose (plus I am not too computer literate.)lol That is why I am still running .76.
    My message folder completely disappeared and the sms/mms folder does nothing when I click on it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    For kicks, go to Options/Theme & select the default Zen theme. Wait for it to load & do a battery pull & see if your icons work. If they do I'd suggest reinstalling AppleBerry Glass. If that doesn't work post again & I'm sure someone can either come up with other possible solutions or advice (swap those, it's late).

~X

03-29-09 05:34 AM
    yeah, after playing with it some more, i actually have to double tap to activate any field box and one click for links. its does seem faster. ill have to see how it works as i get familiar with it. i am still trying to figure out what wap is and how it differs from a normal website. i treat my phone like my pc and go into sites. some do seem to be reconfig with less data.
    I want to say wap is "wireless access protocol" just because it sounds right. wap sites are made for wap Web browsers on phones back when they mainly/only supported text. Technology has advanced since then so you're right, wap sites are low bandwidth sites for older technology.

~X

03-29-09 05:39 AM
    I'm guessing that this dweeb is one of the reasons that Andrew was FORCED into selling his themes by CB...the first thing I thought when I saw what had happened was that some whiners had gone to the mods of CB and said:

"Whaaaaa...he is giving special attention to people who he makes donate to them even though he SAYS its free...whaaaa...make him give ME the version I want cause its not FAIR that I have to donate to him for his hard work...whaaaaa...whaaa...whaaa...its my RIGHT to have this theme so make him GIVE it to me!!!!"

Its sad that people like Andrew who give so much of themselves to others in the work they do are punished for others complaining...if thats how this happened...I thank you Andrew as always for the time you have "donated" to this theme and the many people who have come to love it...and again, this is just my 2 cents, not the views of Andrew or anyone else...

Time to go to work...have a great day in the forums people

One more thought...I'm not sure, but I would guess that more than a few of those who have donated have given MORE than the $5.00 he has been forced to ask for...as good as this theme is, I believe that $5.00 is CHEAP...again, just MHO
    If you read my rants Rock I feel the same as you. Babies!!!

~X

03-29-09 05:43 AM
    AND the lousy $5 is for EIGHT themes! Ducking babies! I said ducking. LMAO I'm a bit tired but I did it on purpose. LOL

~X

03-29-09 05:46 AM
    I'll be releasing a free theme just for you shortly. Icons include pacifiers, bonnets, and diapers.

Thanks again Hastings for all of the dedication you put into this great theme!!!
    03-29-09 06:02 AM
    Thanks X

And as always if you can think of anything I can post on there please PM me and I will add it. I drive myself nuts trying
    To decide what to put up there lol

Nice site Bryan...love all the info
    03-29-09 06:18 AM
    Let me start by saying that I have not been using AppleBerry Classic for very long, although I find it (even prior to the update with official Plazmic 4.7, which I have yet to receive) an awesome theme. And that I am very willing to monetarily support Hastings in his hard work with all versions.

Since the release of AppleBerry Classic as a pack that includes all versions of Classic as well as 1.2, and having to "purchase" thru MobiHand for a measly $5 (US or Canadian, really doesn't matter to me, still very cheap!). Thus far my experience with MobiHand is horrendous! I have attempted to "purchase" AppleBerry twice, both without success. I have emailed MobiHand several times without any response whatsoever.

At this point, I would just as soon as deal with the source; I would happily donate an amount exceeding the asking price for the entire package. Understanding that Hastings has put in numerous hours into a worthwhile product. Having been a website/graphic designer in the past, I understand the need to be compensated for something that one has spent a lot of time developing.

As of the last week or so, I have been traveling in Asia and have been greatly looking forward to the updated release of Classic. Now that I have finally arrived at my destination in China, after having traveled from Japan (unfortunately on the same day/night as the release of the updated Classic), and have yet to receive an adequate response from MobiHand in a timely manner (having been more than 14 hours since I placed the original order).

Hastings would you please PM me your Paypal information so that I may deal with you directly. **Edit:** Or if anyone else can provide me link to his paypal account. **Finish Edit**. I honestly & absolutely refuse to deal with MobiHand any further.

Thanks in advance,
    Keith
    A.K.A. Craterz
    Last edited by Craterz; 03-29-09 at 06:32 AM.
    03-29-09 06:21 AM
    Hmm I ordered it today to see if I could leave a review that would show up right away, and I got all the links within a minute.

I tried to leave a review, but it doesn't seem to be taking...though I did see the number of "ratings" jump one...hmmmmm
    03-29-09 06:30 AM
10,775 ... 359360361362363 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD