Yeah I figured it was comming them pushing you into the cb store. Man I am sorry Andrew I know how much you liked offering this theme for no matter the amount of the donation. Kudos for what you have down and for how long you got to do it.
    ditto.

hastings...

you have spent what i can only imagine to be hundreds of hours working on appleberry and it is a great theme... one of the best out there right now. you are a nice guy for having your donation policy as is until now, with no minimum amount set to get your theme. we all knew it was only a matter of time before this happened and i for one support you and your decision as you should be compensated somehow whether by donation or by charge.

thank you for all your great work on appleberry
    03-28-09 03:43 PM
    If you've donated - will there continue to be free updates for the Glass Theme?

Or a coupon code sent out?

Thanks!

NEVER MIND - GOT THE EMAIL AFTER I POSTED TO THE FORUMS.
    Last edited by patchmonkey; 03-28-09 at 05:03 PM.
    03-28-09 03:51 PM
    Congratulations on leaving the Dare! That was my pre-Storm phone as well. Got $187 for the Dare from the BB FlipSwap Trade-Up program when I got the Storm.
    What?! I have been slacking and haven't sold my Dare on eBay yet. Damn!
    Thanks. (=

Let me know how you like Classic!

Thanks!
    But I've already donated, what happens now?

Nothing changes! You should receive the AppleBerry Classic 1.0 release information today straight to your inbox, this will include all four versions. I'm not out to make people pay again, even those of you who donated $0.25. You will also still receive future updates the same way you always have.
    03-28-09 03:52 PM
    Can someone explain why or who is "pushing" hastings into the CB store? I don't mind it going to the store and having to pay for it, I'm just confused why it seems that he is being forced to take that option. Are the mods on the forum saying he can't accept donations anymore? I don't get it...
    03-28-09 03:53 PM

Thanks!
    read the first post and check your email... yes you will continue to get updates

EDIT: im too slow

hastings.. i am liking it so far... batterypull
    03-28-09 03:53 PM
    From what I can tell on the front page the answer to that question is yes...

Edit: Answered above
    Last edited by JoshH37; 03-28-09 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Way too fast for me
    03-28-09 03:54 PM
    Furthermore, why not just open up your own site, and continue with the donations method? I'm sure the amount of hits you'd get would be a nice chance to make some advertising revenue off of adwords or something.
    03-28-09 03:55 PM
    Furthermore, why not just open up your own site, and continue with the donations method? I'm sure the amount of hits you'd get would be a nice chance to make some advertising revenue off of adwords or something.
    I'm actually launching my own site in the next month or so.

The advantage to having it on the CB store is that I'm allowed to create a thread about it here on CB. If I hosted it and sold it through my own site, I wouldn't be allowed to "advertise" it here on CB.

To be fair to CB, I was violating their no-advertising policy and they were more than fair, they gave me an entire week to conform to their rules.

Cheers
    03-28-09 03:58 PM
    the new classic works great...just updated and certainly enjoying it so far. thanks for all your hard work and even though I'm a newbie at the moment, I can still appreciate the work put into it. good luck with the new move.
    03-28-09 04:04 PM

The advantage to having it on the CB store is that I'm allowed to create a thread about it here on CB. If I hosted it and sold it through my own site, I wouldn't be allowed to "advertise" it here on CB.

To be fair to CB, I was violating their no-advertising policy and they were more than fair, they gave me an entire week to conform to their rules.

Cheers
    AppleBerry Inc
    03-28-09 04:05 PM
    Hastings,

I was gonna switch to the Classic mode, cause like you, I like simplicity...but no support for 4 icons ..

Keep up the good work buddy..
    03-28-09 04:11 PM
    Have any of you weatherheads checked out BerryWeather? User Bradblick clued me into it and it is the sweetest one I've seen. Free three-day trial in the mobihand store, but a bit spendy after that.
    03-28-09 04:12 PM
    Have any of you weatherheads checked out BerryWeather? User Bradblick clued me into it and it is the sweetest one I've seen. Free three-day trial in the mobihand store, but a bit spendy after that.
    sheesh... that is a bit on the pricey side for weather... i might check out the free trial. thanks for the info.

ps.. you realize your sig says abbleberry?
    03-28-09 04:18 PM
    ps.. you realize your sig says abbleberry?
    Hastings made me a custom version...yeah, that's the story and I'm sticking to it!

I'll be off now changing my signature - thanks!
    03-28-09 04:21 PM

Cheers
    Something stinks here!

IMO if you're a business and post information about your services/products then OK, your breaking the rules. If you're Joe Blow who is offering information/software etc. and only asking for a donation, no harm, no foul. You don't see JLCommander in the store (and they have their own site) nor do you see CrackMem or CrackUtils in the store.

I think someone was jealous! Whomever complained... BABY!

I have yet to load the new Classic theme... Too pissed & needed to vent first!

Let's keep the AppleBerry family rolling!

Thanks for the hard work Andrew, sorry if we got you railroaded (as we say in the US as I try to keep it clean).

~X <STEAMING>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xwera43; 03-28-09 at 04:25 PM.
    03-28-09 04:22 PM
    Hastings made me a custom version...yeah, that's the story and I'm sticking to it!

I'll be off now changing my signature - thanks!

hey now... i want my own custom theme too... we can name it addleberry

your welcome
    03-28-09 04:26 PM
    New theme is looking good andrew, I am not a big 8 icon guy but I might keep using it since it has some more zip to it

03-28-09 04:31 PM
    thanks hastings !

AppleBerryClassic 1,0 is very fast !
    smart and clean !
    as usual !

excellent with weatherbug support !
    great theme andrew !
    03-28-09 04:31 PM
    arf ! now I don't know what could I choose between classic or Glass.....
    Well, each day...I'll change !
    03-28-09 04:36 PM
    Just loaded up classic 8 myself and it's looking good. A possible suggestion for the future:

AppleBerry Glass 5 icons on the dock, no stack, with WB and hidden today!
    03-28-09 04:40 PM
    Just loaded up classic 8 myself and it's looking good. A possible suggestion for the future:

AppleBerry Glass 5 icons on the dock, no stack, with WB and hidden today!

NO NO NOOOO I want stack !!!
    MAC USERRR indeed
    03-28-09 04:41 PM
    NO NO NOOOO I want stack !!!
    MAC USERRR indeed
    Just saying to offer a version without, not replace it.

Hopefully would give the speed of classic and get rid of the icon ghosting.
    03-28-09 04:43 PM
    Something stinks here!

IMO if you're a business and post information about your services/products then OK, your breaking the rules. If you're Joe Blow who is offering information/software etc. and only asking for a donation, no harm, no foul. You don't see JLCommander in the store (and they have their own site) nor do you see CrackMem or CrackUtils in the store.

I think someone was jealous! Whomever complained... BABY!

I have yet to load the new Classic theme... Too pissed & needed to vent first!

Let's keep the AppleBerry family rolling!

Thanks for the hard work Andrew, sorry if we got you railroaded (as we say in the US as I try to keep it clean).

~X <STEAMING>

I think the issue was that it was a required "donation", and that violates the CB no-advertising policy.

Honestly though, the CB store does take more than PayPal, but at least I'm supporting the site. This is such a great resource so if they want a piece of the pie, what can I say...
    03-28-09 04:45 PM
10,775 ... 353354355356357 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD