I am amazed how fast opera is...once I got the "touch" down...night and day from the bb, explorer, firefox browser...why is this NOT native to the storm out of the box and one of the selections as primary browser??? Go figure...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Opera is an interesting piece of software.

The reason why it's so fast is because it renders the website on Opera's high-speed rendering servers and essentially transmits an image of the website to you. This is different than the Storm browser which decodes and renders the website locally on your device. The Bolt browser also uses server side rendering.

I wouldn't recommend Opera for anything that requires security, but it's perfectly fine for day to day browsing.
    03-28-09 12:15 PM
    hastings...

will we be getting an email with the new release of the classic or do we need to just check for it on here?

Email list of course! Gotta keep everybody up to date.
    03-28-09 12:15 PM
    Email list of course! Gotta keep everybody up to date.
    Hastings your a good egg
    03-28-09 12:40 PM
    So 8 icon with wb and hidden today correct?
    03-28-09 12:41 PM
    Hastings your a good egg
    Bryan...is this an EASTER reference? LOL...I thought it was a rabbit...er..RAPID response ;-)

03-28-09 12:43 PM
    so i am sitting at work, storm in hand and my purse starts beeping... apparently the husband is not so bright and must have slipped his phone in my purse last night and i didnt even know.

anyways.. his phone is my old env... and i gotta say... i have grown to love my storm and dont miss the env one bit, im trying to text on it and its soo weird.

ps... cant wait to see what is awaiting the appleberry community today
    03-28-09 12:47 PM
    Bryan...is this an EASTER reference? LOL...I thought it was a rabbit...er..RAPID response ;-)

Lol no just trying to throw some Canadian lingo in there

so i am sitting at work, storm in hand and my purse starts beeping... apparently the husband is not so bright and must have slipped his phone in my purse last night and i didnt even know.

anyways.. his phone is my old env... and i gotta say... i have grown to love my storm and dont miss the env one bit, im trying to text on it and its soo weird.

ps... cant wait to see what is awaiting the appleberry community today
    Hmmm wasn't a girlfriend was it
    03-28-09 12:53 PM
    Hmmm wasn't a girlfriend was it
    nah, was his boyfriend actually
    03-28-09 01:10 PM
    this theme is very smooth and great. Thanks a bunch
    03-28-09 01:10 PM
    nah, was his boyfriend actually
    Once again Missy too much info

03-28-09 01:11 PM
    Andrew,

What would be involved with changing the font color? I love this wallpaper but can't read any of my today events. Lol
    Just a question

03-28-09 01:19 PM
    Actually scratch that, I highlighted the wrong files and it's actually 1MB.

There's also no ghosting, and I think I may have even eliminated the colour problem on wallpapers.
    Hey there Andrew, I was thinking that the shadow boxes cropped up in Glass with the advanced SVG file. Am I wrong?

~X

03-28-09 01:46 PM
    Awesome Andrew, Sunday night as usual?
    03-28-09 02:10 PM
    I sent the link for the Classic to myself to download, but it wouldn't run from my phone...is there something I'm doing wrong?
    03-28-09 02:18 PM
    I sent the link for the Classic to myself to download, but it wouldn't run from my phone...is there something I'm doing wrong?
    What's it saying to you when you try?

03-28-09 02:25 PM
    What's it saying to you when you try?

it says HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.

That's what it said. I didn't know if it was something I was doing or hastings had the download down since he was updating the version and I thought I would ask. I've done this to download the BofA app and the TWSS app by emailing the direct link and then just downloading it that to make it easier for me.
    03-28-09 02:29 PM
    nvm, I'm an *****. The link in my email was right but it somehow had the http part in there twice which I didn't notice before. Thanks for the help though. I guess you can consider me a n00b at the moment as this is my first BlackBerry. I came over from an LG Dare. Definitely learned a good bit lurking on here so far.
    03-28-09 02:34 PM
    nvm, I'm an *****. The link in my email was right but it somehow had the http part in there twice which I didn't notice before. Thanks for the help though. I guess you can consider me a n00b at the moment as this is my first BlackBerry. I came over from an LG Dare. Definitely learned a good bit lurking on here so far.
    hehehe... i just tried all the links and wasnt sure what was going on since they all worked for me

welcome to your new addiction
    03-28-09 02:39 PM
    welcome to your new addiction

yes, it is definitely a new addiction. I've been playing with it since Thursday night when I got it and today with all the rain...I guess its good time as any to start looking to customize everything.
    03-28-09 02:58 PM
    Congratulations on leaving the Dare! That was my pre-Storm phone as well. Got $187 for the Dare from the BB FlipSwap Trade-Up program when I got the Storm.
    03-28-09 03:04 PM
    Congratulations on leaving the Dare! That was my pre-Storm phone as well. Got $187 for the Dare from the BB FlipSwap Trade-Up program when I got the Storm.
    wow...what program is that? I let my wife use it since she's had a RAZR and I think she's gonna get a BB in May when her contract is up. Will probably try to sell it then.
    03-28-09 03:11 PM
    yes, it is definitely a new addiction. I've been playing with it since Thursday night when I got it and today with all the rain...I guess its good time as any to start looking to customize everything.
    Fyi... Check back later as a new version of this theme is to be released later today

03-28-09 03:14 PM
    Front page is updated. Total overhaul.

I can no longer accept donations in return for AppleBerry, so I've been pushed into the CrackBerry store. You'll only find the theme right now on Mobihand.com - but CB Store should be soon.

Nobody hate me. )=

Sending out Classic 1.0 links, all four versions shortly.

Cheers
    03-28-09 03:21 PM
    Front page is updated. Total overhaul.

I can no longer accept donations in return for AppleBerry, so I've been pushed into the CrackBerry store. You'll only find the theme right now on Mobihand.com - but CB Store should be soon.

Nobody hate me. )=

Sending out Classic 1.0 links, all four versions shortly.

Cheers
    Yeah I figured it was comming them pushing you into the cb store. Man I am sorry Andrew I know how much you liked offering this theme for no matter the amount of the donation. Kudos for what you have down and for how long you got to do it.
    03-28-09 03:27 PM
    I'll definitely get the update later. Quality theme and looks good.
    03-28-09 03:43 PM
10,775 ... 352353354355356 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD