We're glad we could help. As far as X goes while I like some of their stuff, I don't follow them. However, I did see a concert or a compilation of bands awhile back that included X (I think it was on either HDNet or DirecTV's ch101). Was lucky enough to see Boingo's '95 Farewell concert live at Universal and was MUCH better than the VHS/DVD that was out out. The kids singing on Insanity were on stage which wasn't the day the video was shot. It was funny. Just yesterday I watched an animated movie Meet the Robinson's & knew immediately Elfman did the score. He has a very distinct sound to his work (plus ties to Disney made it easy for me to tell too).

I'm using the wap site but you must be from SoCal to be familiar with Boingo & X, no?

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yep, north of LA
    03-28-09 04:23 AM
    Good Morning people...this thread has slowed down - prolly a good thing for the new comers and those like myself that are on an 8 days in a row work schedule (I work "shift work" and this is my part of the schedule for 8 days straight...) - I get to stay cught up easier even if I cant be on here as much at these times. I have found that I really like Opera after figuring out that u dont click, but just touch the screen to select links, etc (Thanks Doidy) Hope to check in a little more today as its a Saturday and a rainy day (Usually a bad thing, but we only work in the rain when theres a power outage; otherwise its "stay in the shop and cruise the net/watch TV)
    03-28-09 06:18 AM
    glad u liked em. i am like super excited not only to see my kid swim but to watch a freaking movie on my phone on Sat.
    i worked the heck out of the phone this week for my job and now i get to play and relax on it. woo hoo.
    Hey polar...what part of the Detoit area...you actually in Detroit? I lived Downriver for about 23 years - most recently Melvindale, but also Allen Park and Dearborn...just moved back to my stomping grounds in Virginia 2 years ago.
    03-28-09 06:20 AM
    Good Morning people...this thread has slowed down - prolly a good thing for the new comers and those like myself that are on an 8 days in a row work schedule (I work "shift work" and this is my part of the schedule for 8 days straight...) - I get to stay cught up easier even if I cant be on here as much at these times. I have found that I really like Opera after figuring out that u dont click, but just touch the screen to select links, etc (Thanks Doidy) Hope to check in a little more today as its a Saturday and a rainy day (Usually a bad thing, but we only work in the rain when theres a power outage; otherwise its "stay in the shop and cruise the net/watch TV)
    hey shamrock...why use opera? how does it vary from bb browser? are the full websites or mobile sites? where do you get it? thx
    03-28-09 06:32 AM
    Ur welcome

03-28-09 07:19 AM
    Howell just outside of oakland cty. I work in two offices one in Detroit and in Plymouth.

Hey polar...what part of the Detoit area...you actually in Detroit? I lived Downriver for about 23 years - most recently Melvindale, but also Allen Park and Dearborn...just moved back to my stomping grounds in Virginia 2 years ago.
    Last edited by polar135; 03-28-09 at 10:51 AM.
    03-28-09 07:41 AM
    Hey all. I decided to upload a zip file with my favorte wallpapers that i like this appleberry. keep in mind i eye'd these from my computer so some might not be as good as i hope. check it out and let me know what u think.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

File is a zip file so i am pretty sure that u can not open it on your storm. fyi.
    polar, thanks again for sharing these... i just got a chance to check em out... quite a nice collection of wallpapers you got going
    03-28-09 08:36 AM
    LMAO... i just realized the difference between the 2 data plans this week and started asking questions about why i was on the higher plan this week and when i asked my IT guy.. he said we were on an exchange server so i thought nothing of it as verizon and CB told me that the 44.99 plan was BES (exchange servers). well, i spoke to other coworkers (who pay for their own data, the company pays for mine) and they are on the 29.99 plans on their omnias and other non-bb phones...

so... making a long story short...i got nosey today, as i am bored at work and i just called verizon and switched from the 44.99 to the 29.99 just to test out if my work email would work... and it does... glad my job has been paying an extra $15 a month for almost a year now cuz no one knows anything around here

i tried to get verizon to credit me the difference since i got a smartphone but no luck... oh well, not like it came out of my pocket LMAO

03-28-09 09:26 AM
    For those interested, Aerize has a program called SD Loader for the Blackberry phones but it's not yet available for the Storm. After speaking with them, they are waiting for the next stable official OS to be released. The program is designed to allow 3rd party apps to be downloaded onto the SD card to minimize memory and space on the Storm. It does work and is available for the bold, and other units.
    03-28-09 10:13 AM
    For those interested, Aerize has a program called SD Loader for the Blackberry phones but it's not yet available for the Storm. After speaking with them, they are waiting for the next stable official OS to be released. The program is designed to allow 3rd party apps to be downloaded onto the SD card to minimize memory and space on the Storm. It does work and is available for the bold, and other units.
    I'd be interested in this. Good morning all!
    03-28-09 10:36 AM
    Can't wait to see what this big day for AppleBerry that Hastings referred to has in store for us!
    03-28-09 10:40 AM
    Can't wait to see what this big day for AppleBerry that Hastings referred to has in store for us!
    I am hoping he adds wb option to the free version. I would love to see wb on the normal version and test drive how fast it is.

03-28-09 10:44 AM
    hey shamrock...why use opera? how does it vary from bb browser? are the full websites or mobile sites? where do you get it? thx
    Goliath, opera is a much faster browser than any that come on the Storm out of the box...u can actually use full website instead of the mobile versions if u want - its that much faster. I'm on my storm right now and working so I can't look it up right now, but if u google opera mobile u should find the download...hope that helps

03-28-09 10:45 AM
    Goliath, opera is a much faster browser than any that come on the Storm out of the box...u can actually use full website instead of the mobile versions if u want - its that much faster. I'm on my storm right now and working so I can't look it up right now, but if u google opera mobile u should find the download...hope that helps

to dl opera mini, go to mini.opera.com
    03-28-09 10:47 AM

Click on the storm ota link in my sig and you can download it from there.
    03-28-09 10:48 AM
    I am hoping he adds wb option to the free version. I would love to see wb on the normal version and test drive how fast it is.

+1 to this. I rather have speed and the look then the stack

03-28-09 10:50 AM
    polar, thanks again for sharing these... i just got a chance to check em out... quite a nice collection of wallpapers you got going
    Thanks. I have a wallpaper changing program called visual arts and I have it set to change every two hours. Those u downloaded are my fav. For appleberry.

03-28-09 10:55 AM

Yes it would be interesting to see the file size and speed difference without the five stack.
    03-28-09 10:55 AM

me 3, i dont really use the stack much anyways
    03-28-09 10:59 AM
    me 3, i dont really use the stack much anyways
    I love the 5 stack but I love speed more
    03-28-09 11:06 AM
    I like my stack...i'm interested in maybe having the clock and manage connections be clickable from the main page. Just like the sound profiles. Just excited to see what hastings had for us today!
    03-28-09 11:09 AM
    FYI, 8 icons, WB, no stack comes out to 1.11 MB. Not a huge difference, but it's smoother and faster.

The biggest reason AppleBerry is 1.11MB is because of the wallpapers. As a test, I created AppleBerry with a simple 1KB white background and applied it to every screen. It went from 1.2MB to 700KB. =P

Wallpapers are the biggest factor when it comes to file size, but to be honest I don't think that file size is related to performance or memory leaks as much as people think.
    03-28-09 11:16 AM
    Actually scratch that, I highlighted the wrong files and it's actually 1MB.

There's also no ghosting, and I think I may have even eliminated the colour problem on wallpapers.
    03-28-09 11:31 AM
    hastings...

will we be getting an email with the new release of the classic or do we need to just check for it on here?

03-28-09 11:53 AM
    I am amazed how fast opera is...once I got the "touch" down...night and day from the bb, explorer, firefox browser...makes it painless to use the storm for forums...why is this NOT native to the storm out of the box and one of the selections as primary browser??? Go figure...

Last edited by shamrock61; 03-28-09 at 12:13 PM.
    03-28-09 12:09 PM
10,775 ... 351352353354355 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD