Hey BM, imaybe you can help me....I am having a few issues...
    1. Vlingo will not load. it gives me permission screen, i hit ok and nothing happens.
    2. I am downloading apps from my phone email, get successful download, but most cannot be found. they are going to f and all but a few are not installing. i cannot find them. they download to mediacard/bb/documents. i have tried downloading games to mediacard/bb/games but neither seems to work. Is docs the standard place for downloads? seems like the only way that insures the download is through DM .alx files.
    3. how much memory do apps or games take up? how much can you put on these things? Everyones gotten me memory ocd. just what i need, another acronym to support my behavior.
    i know theres something else but brainfart time.

Any help is always appreciated. thanks.
    1 I don't use V so I am not sure if you have too mess with the compatabilty or not?

2 any 3rd party apps should be downloading to your device memory, you cannot install on media card. Are you trying to install files on your phone other than jad? That is what it sounds like to me.

3. Just watch your device memory too many 3rd party apps can suck you dry. If you use quicklaunch then set the option for device memory, that way it is easy to check.

Hope this helps
    03-27-09 05:54 PM
    well, I just changed the Protocal to Socket like Bryan has and I still got the pop up...
    Hmm try clearing your opera cache and see if that helps.
    03-27-09 05:56 PM
    so you dont get this?

03-27-09 05:56 PM
    The Professor???? He is a big dork. JUST LIKE THE REST OF US
    Thanks bro where have ya been lately?
    03-27-09 05:57 PM
    so you dont get this?

Lol that box yeah I get that box the first time I try to access the web. I am so sorry I thought it was a box on a webpage saying a pic couldn't be displayed. I must have miss read the original post. Crap I am a dork lol
    03-27-09 06:07 PM
    Lol that box yeah I get that box the first time I try to access the web. I am so sorry I thought it was a box on a webpage saying a pic couldn't be displayed. I must have miss read the original post. Crap I am a dork lol
    i thought so!

03-27-09 06:11 PM
    i thought so!

I guess I deserved that. Lol
    03-27-09 06:12 PM
    Bryan,

So far so good with Opera. A bit odd so only time will tell. I don't like that most all of the images on the left (blog) side of the main CB site are disabled. I tried setting images to "High" but even that doesn't work. Maybe it's the lack of JavaScript support.

Text/message box is nice as is the larger text display in the forums (I've increased it to 8 in the BlackBerry browser, guess I'm just getting old).

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Helena this was the post I was working off of. Lol

Case closed the defense rests
    03-27-09 06:16 PM
    I keep getting a dialogue box that is asking if I want to allow it to do a low level system operation. I need to compare app settings (it doesn't give me the checkbox not to ask again).

~X

this is what we were talking about!

the prosecution rests its case your honor!
    03-27-09 06:20 PM
    this is what we were talking about!

the prosecution rests its case your honor!
    Ok ok I give up lol. I just tried changing all the default settings I could think of and no go still get the box.
    03-27-09 06:29 PM
    so you dont get this?

I get this too
    03-27-09 06:58 PM
    I get this too
    Yeah as far as I can tell there is no way not to get that message. But I am messing around with more settings as we speak so I will let you know.

Screeema did you ever get on .113?
    03-27-09 07:01 PM
    Yeah as far as I can tell there is no way not to get that message. But I am messing around with more settings as we speak so I will let you know.

Screeema did you ever get on .113?
    Hi Bryan, yes I did get on .113 so far so good. Marcus' hybrid was faster and the color was better but I was getting the dreaded VCOD!!
    03-27-09 07:17 PM
    Hi Bryan, yes I did get on .113 so far so good. Marcus' hybrid was faster and the color was better but I was getting the dreaded VCOD!!
    I am glad you got on .113 with no trouble. Yeah the benefit of the .90 radio code was great color, but most everyone got VSOD on it.
    03-27-09 07:21 PM
    Nope no pop up box? Everything loads just fine.
    I am thinking along the lines of app permissions not app settings.

~X

03-27-09 07:24 PM
    I am glad you got on .113 with no trouble. Yeah the benefit of the .90 radio code was great color, but most everyone got VSOD on it.
    I must be the lucky one.. I honestly don't even know what a VSOD looks like.

03-27-09 07:26 PM
    I am thinking along the lines of app permissions not app settings.

~X

Yeah I agree I have set all permissions to allow and still no luck. Oh well it has never bugged me lol
    03-27-09 07:26 PM

You and marcus lol

Btw VSODs suck lol
    03-27-09 07:27 PM
    1 I don't use V so I am not sure if you have too mess with the compatabilty or not?

2 any 3rd party apps should be downloading to your device memory, you cannot install on media card. Are you trying to install files on your phone other than jad? That is what it sounds like to me.

3. Just watch your device memory too many 3rd party apps can suck you dry. If you use quicklaunch then set the option for device memory, that way it is easy to check.

Hope this helps
    i download .jad to pc, send via email then download. they just are not taking.
    03-27-09 07:28 PM
    You and marcus lol

Btw VSODs suck lol
    they suck big time!!
    03-27-09 07:28 PM
    i download .jad to pc, send via email then download. they just are not taking.

What happens if you click the same .jad file with your phones browser? Does it install correctly?
    03-27-09 07:31 PM
    Well in my defense... Today.. I was in opera scrolling... And my screen went crazy... The top became the middle... The middle was on the bottom... The bottom was on the top. I managed to close out of it and my app menu was like that too... Batterpull fixed it

03-27-09 07:34 PM

I didn't get the VSOD the media app would just reboot my phone unless it was pluged into a power source. BTW: a VSOD is a Verizon Screen Of Death where your phone locks up displaying the Verizon logo on startup.

~X

03-27-09 07:34 PM
    I didn't get the VSOD the media app would just reboot my phone unless it was pluged into a power source. BTW: a VSOD is a Verizon Screen Of Death where your phone locks up displaying the Verizon logo on startup.

~X

Yep.. Never saw that

03-27-09 07:37 PM
    Well in my defense... Today.. I was in opera scrolling... And my screen went crazy... The top became the middle... The middle was on the bottom... The bottom was on the top. I managed to close out of it and my app menu was like that too... Batterpull fixed it

I had this happen running Nobex but I can't remember if I had the .90 radio or all .113 but I think it was all .113.

~X

03-27-09 07:38 PM
10,775 ... 348349350351352 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD