Now why would you be stunned??? LOL It's weather isn't it???
    Very good point Lady! LOL

You have effectively put me back in my place
    03-25-09 12:38 PM
    Very good point Lady! LOL

You have effectively put me back in my place
    It's a tough job but someone has to do it!
    03-25-09 12:42 PM
    Andrew

Here is a post from another thread on the dial pad cutoff issue. I didn't know if you were aware of this... Although you usually are on top of these things so you probably already know LOL

the fix is moving the gps indicator up by doing that i need to relocate some of the indicators around. it also depends on the os your running some os and hybrid os have that fix without moving the gps indicator around.
    You're right Professor. Hastings chose not to move those indicators per his choice. He thought the theme looked better that way (because it effects the home/app screen as well). He chose to keep the cutoff dial pad to keep the continuity of the rest of the theme. It's a matter of moving the Bluetooth/GPS indicators up to the top and the dialpad fits perfectly. I happen to disagree with him, but its his theme

We had a chat via PM regarding this issue.
    03-25-09 12:44 PM
    I have an off topic question! Is anyone here using one of the Radios, like Slacker or Nobex Radio Companion? What are the pros and cons and does it eat into your data plan? Thanks!

Slacker, Slacker, Slacker, NailLady.......at least until Pandora is ready for the Storm
    03-25-09 12:47 PM
    Thanks! I'm kicking myself, literally, for waiting so long to upgrade from .75. My memory RARELY drops below 30 and the whole phone is much quicker, etc... It's worth it for the camera enhancements alone.
    LOL! Congrats limjelo
    03-25-09 12:48 PM
    omg.. almost 7 hours off the charger... moderate use and my batt is still @ 78%

i think its a combo of lack of wb and running .113

03-25-09 12:49 PM
    Hello everyone...taking a quick break to drop in...so far .113 is running great for me....how's it doing for others...Doidy, Marcus, Bryan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Rock! .113 is a very solid build. I threw my .90 radio code after about 2 hours of OS .113, but very stable, minimal mem leak, fast transitions, accelerometer is good, but a bit of hesitation going from landscape to portrait, but other than that, fantastic
    Cheers-
    Marcus
    03-25-09 12:51 PM
    omg.. almost 7 hours off the charger... moderate use and my batt is still @ 78%

i think its a combo of lack of wb and running .113

WB is the culprit, Blondie?
    03-25-09 12:52 PM
    WB is the culprit, Blondie?
    are you asking or telling me? if your asking.. i dont know.... i might slap wb back on to see for sure.
    03-25-09 12:56 PM
    Slacker, Slacker, Slacker, NailLady.......at least until Pandora is ready for the Storm
    So does this run down your battery or eat up your data plan?
    03-25-09 12:57 PM
    are you asking or telling me? if your asking.. i dont know.... i might slap wb back on to see for sure.
    I think it might be.....my battery life is no different with this build. The trouble is I don't care for the icons on BB Weather.
    You know how OC I am with color/picture of this device
    03-25-09 12:58 PM
    So does this run down your battery or eat up your data plan?

LOL! Yes, and yes, but your dataplan should be unlimited. Anytime you stream music, it drains your battery.
    I love it. You can type in a band, or a song and it will play music that is similar to it. The app is very nice looking as well.
    Pandora is better in the sense that there is more music to choose from and you NEVER get a commercial interruption like you do every 6th song on Slacker. Pandora should be out soon for the Storm. It just came out for a few other BB devices.
    03-25-09 12:59 PM
    LOL! Yes, and yes, but your dataplan should be unlimited. Anytime you stream music, it drains your battery.
    I love it. You can type in a band, or a song and it will play music that is similar to it. The app is very nice looking as well.
    Pandora is better in the sense that there is more music to choose from and you NEVER get a commercial interruption like you do every 6th song on Slacker. Pandora should be out soon for the Storm. It just came out for a few other BB devices.
    Thanks for the info Marcus, I appreciate it!
    03-25-09 01:02 PM
    on a sidenote... went to sleep last night... woke up this morning and quickpull didnt do its thing and my memory was at 5

idk whats up with my phone sometimes
    03-25-09 01:02 PM
    on a sidenote... went to sleep last night... woke up this morning and quickpull didnt do its thing and my memory was at 5

idk whats up with my phone sometimes
    LogMaid!! No Memory OCD!!!
    03-25-09 01:05 PM
    I think it might be.....my battery life is no different with this build. The trouble is I don't care for the icons on BB Weather.
    You know how OC I am with color/picture of this device
    lmao... ur a picture dork!
    03-25-09 01:08 PM
    LogMaid!! No Memory OCD!!!
    ill try it out
    03-25-09 01:12 PM
    Well kicked the wife of the computer and did some steps and got my calendar all fixed up

Man that was driving me nuts...LOL

I think I will post those steps on the blog for anyone else having those problems with the calendar.
    03-25-09 01:14 PM
    ill try it out
    Wait!!!!!!!!!!! You don't have logmaid??? What kind of Memory OCD person are you. I don't have Memory OCD and I have the program.

**shakes head in disbelief**
    03-25-09 01:15 PM
    Andrew

Here is a post from another thread on the dial pad cutoff issue. I didn't know if you were aware of this... Although you usually are on top of these things so you probably already know LOL

the fix is moving the gps indicator up by doing that i need to relocate some of the indicators around. it also depends on the os your running some os and hybrid os have that fix without moving the gps indicator around.
    Hey Bryan,

It's true, moving the GPS indicator and possibly the Bluetooth indicator would probably fix the problem. The only reason I haven't done it is because the GPS indicator looks best where it is and only really affects the dial pad. (and in my opinion it's a minimal problem!)

Beyond that, it works perfectly fine in .76 which indicates to me that it will hopefully work fine in the next official OS. I unfortunately can't create a theme with awkward changes simply because people are running a beta OS, the majority of users still use the stock .76 and experience no problems. (=

If and when the next official OS is released and the problem is still there, then I will take corrective steps to ensure it's compatibility. I just find that chasing and correcting every beta OS related bug is futile, and sticking to meeting the standards of the official OS will be the best policy in the long run.

[edit]Plus I know it bugs the heck out of Marcus, and I enjoy seeing his OCD kick in. I find it HIGHLY entertaining for some reason. =P[/edit]
    Last edited by hastings; 03-25-09 at 01:20 PM.
    03-25-09 01:17 PM
    Wait!!!!!!!!!!! You don't have logmaid??? What kind of Memory OCD person are you. I don't have Memory OCD and I have the program.

::hides in corner::
    03-25-09 01:18 PM

Go Figure!!!

ROFL
    03-25-09 01:18 PM
    ok.. so i downloaded it and now i cant find it... its in the apps but not in my downloads folder... ??

does it just work on its own?
    03-25-09 01:26 PM
    ok.. so i downloaded it and now i cant find it... its in the apps but not in my downloads folder... ??

does it just work on its own?
    Yes it works on it's own in the background. Sit back and relax! No Memory OCD!
    03-25-09 01:30 PM
    Yes it works on it's own in the background. Sit back and relax! No Memory OCD!
    hahah, thanks lady.. ur a life saver!
    03-25-09 01:32 PM
10,775 ... 332333334335336 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD