Professor, I was looking at the javas, and there are a LOT less files for each category, i.e help, VAD files, etc.
    Usually there are around 20 files for VAD. I think with .113 there were only 6-7? Maybe its shaved down purposely......
    Yeah I noticed people talking last night about the missing files. Just feels like a Hybrid someone put out to me, but heck what do I know it could have been shaved by RIM or VZ....
    03-24-09 11:25 AM
    I think I'm finally satisfied with my theme/OS situation.

- Glass 1.2 w/ WB (non-today)
    - WeatherEye (looks and works great)
    - Blue background from the Application screen.

I find with the blue background I can barely tell there's a colour issue, and with WeatherEye it just looks and feels complete. .113 has been great on memory as well.
    Nice work Hastings.....I do think .113 is sound as far as memory leakage. Is there a way for us to change our BG on the app screen like the homescreen?
    03-24-09 11:26 AM
    lol. I could be like my IT guys and connect to your computer and take over the desktop. lol.
    I wish!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That gives me hope that it will NOT be the official. I hope so.......I want something that will knock my socks off.......in full color
    I agree 100% but someone brought up a good point last night "we all have to remember this next official OS is to update .75, which a lot of us left along time ago"
    I think I'm finally satisfied with my theme/OS situation.

- Glass 1.2 w/ WB (non-today)
    - WeatherEye (looks and works great)
    - Blue background from the Application screen.

I find with the blue background I can barely tell there's a colour issue, and with WeatherEye it just looks and feels complete. .113 has been great on memory as well.
    Sweet so it looks pretty good huh? I switched to BB weather and am loving it over WB.

How can you survive without a Today screen?
    03-24-09 11:27 AM
    Yeah I noticed people talking last night about the missing files. Just feels like a Hybrid someone put out to me, but heck what do I know it could have been shaved by RIM or VZ....
    What are your thoughts on Weathereye? Was the memory leakage you guys had because of WB? Does it work just as well? I use GPS My Location because I am on the road quite a bit. Are the icons just as crisp? Amenities?
    03-24-09 11:27 AM
    Sweet so it looks pretty good huh? I switched to BB weather and am loving it over WB.

How can you survive without a Today screen?
    Why BB Weather?
    03-24-09 11:28 AM
    I think I'm going back to wb... Bb weather isn't quite the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:30 AM
    I agree 100% but someone brought up a good point last night "we all have to remember this next official OS is to update .75, which a lot of us left along time ago"
    I know, that is what I have to remind myself. Most out there are either on .65 or .75 (poor souls), so this update would be HUGE for them. I still want some more speed along with full color, and less memory leakage.....overall, I am VERY happy with my builds, but I always want something better...........OCD.
    03-24-09 11:30 AM
    >>>>>Warning warning warning Prepare for off topic post<<<<

You have got to try flight path if you haven't already man it is a blast

http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=26976&l=1&ps=150
    03-24-09 11:32 AM
    >>>>>Warning warning warning Prepare for off topic post<<<<

You have got to try flight path if you haven't already man it is a blast

http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=26976&l=1&ps=150
    Like the majority of this thread is NOT off topic
    Is it a free app?
    03-24-09 11:34 AM
    Like the majority of this thread is NOT off topic
    Is it a free app?
    Yep it sure is..Man it is fun and a time waster...LOL
    03-24-09 11:35 AM
    What are your thoughts on Weathereye? Was the memory leakage you guys had because of WB? Does it work just as well? I use GPS My Location because I am on the road quite a bit. Are the icons just as crisp? Amenities?
    Memory Leakage and battery use for the GPS is the reason i switched. I don�t leave Metro Detroit Much. I set it up so i can check the weather at my house, my office, and then some of the areas i got to a lot (you can save up to five areas) I am outside sales person but i do not travel out of the home area. I did i would use WB, but i like the Benefit of not losing memory and battery cause of the GPS. IMO.
    03-24-09 11:36 AM
    polar.. that is a super cute avatar
    03-24-09 11:39 AM
    Yep it sure is..Man it is fun and a time waster...LOL
    what exactly does it do?
    03-24-09 11:40 AM
    what exactly does it do?
    Just click on the link and you will be hooked...trust me
    03-24-09 11:41 AM
    Just click on the link and you will be hooked...trust me
    arghh, now im really not getting any work done
    03-24-09 11:44 AM
    polar.. that is a super cute avatar
    Thanks. Thats my son Drew @ xmas time. he was 11 months then. He is a terror now. Just like his daddy. lol.
    03-24-09 11:47 AM
    .113 thoughts- after reboot and first load

BES- Reloaded with no issue

Starting Memory- 41.83- (higher then in the past, last os started around 37)

Internet Speed- Blazing. Seriously fastest I have seen. I have two programs that I have to redownload each time I upgrade, (Visual Arts background changer and Beam reader) and I have never see them download that fast.

Overall speed of Os- Pretty Good- (haven�t noticed a difference between Crackman hybrid I was running and this IO

Haven't noticed much an accelerometer speed increase or decrease from the latest hybrids-.

I will run for a day and follow up with more findings.
    03-24-09 11:47 AM
    Memory Leakage and battery use for the GPS is the reason i switched. I don�t leave Metro Detroit Much. I set it up so i can check the weather at my house, my office, and then some of the areas i got to a lot (you can save up to five areas) I am outside sales person but i do not travel out of the home area. I did i would use WB, but i like the Benefit of not losing memory and battery cause of the GPS. IMO.
    Thanks Polar. Sounds good, but with the updated WB, running .75 I had NO memory leakage. Even right now, with .113 and .90 radio, I have almost no memory leak. I think it is more device specific then a Weatherbug issue. The older versions of WB had memory leaks for me, but then new one is fantastic! I am conviced that apps can cause memory leak, but it varies from device to device. Were you trying the newest WB? I'm not sure how many zip codes you can load (I loaded 3 at a time, and you can choose the CLOSEST WB station), but my mem leak changed dramatically with the new Weatherbug.
    The battery, on the other hand.........
    03-24-09 11:51 AM
    arghh, now im really not getting any work done
    umm what is work?
    03-24-09 11:51 AM
    umm what is work?
    idk.. its been a while thanks to CB
    03-24-09 11:55 AM
    quick question... with BBWeather (verision 0.84) when you go into options half the screen is taken up with the keyboard. Fine if you are entering a new location but not needed for anything else. There is no Hide Keyboard option. Has anyone been able to get around this?

When you go to daily forecast it would be nice to see more than 1/2 a screen at once.

Cheers
    03-24-09 11:58 AM
    umm what is work?
    I'm working.........working the h*ll out of my fingers while typing on this damn website
    03-24-09 11:59 AM
    quick question... with BBWeather (verision 0.84) when you go into options half the screen is taken up with the keyboard. Fine if you are entering a new location but not needed for anything else. There is no Hide Keyboard option. Has anyone been able to get around this?

When you go to daily forecast it would be nice to see more than 1/2 a screen at once.

Cheers
    Did you try disabling compatability mode?
    Options->advanced->apps->highlight BBWeather->BBkey->click disable compatability mode
    Hope this helps Colin
    03-24-09 12:00 PM
10,775 ... 323324325326327 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD