I want my marcus hybrid back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Doid- U dont like .113? waiting for BES to finsh up as we speak with my upgrade to .113.
    03-24-09 10:23 AM

I might be right there in a day or so.
    Blondie, just throw the .90 radio code in .113 for the time being.
    03-24-09 10:25 AM
    Doid- U dont like .113? waiting for BES to finsh up as we speak with my upgrade to .113.
    I miss the color and mms.. Other than that... Its pretty much what I was on before

03-24-09 10:26 AM
    I might be right there in a day or so.
    Blondie, just throw the .90 radio code in .113 for the time being.
    I probably will... Once I get a chance

03-24-09 10:27 AM

I must have a phone that has a different screen then most. You should've seen what .113 did to Hastings theme yesterday.
    GRAINY, GRAINY, GRAINY, and I had boxes around ALL of my icons on the home screen after 3 battery pulls.
    .113 lasted about 2 hrs on my device before I threw the .90 radio code in
    03-24-09 10:27 AM
    I miss the color and mms.. Other than that... Its pretty much what I was on before

I read that you had a reboot right before dl'd .113.
    I think that was your device saying,
    "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!"
    03-24-09 10:28 AM

Doid- Did you see the follow thread on how to fix the MMS issue?

The mms.cod file has been bad in every build since .86. There is an easy fix though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the fix for those of you that get the blank shaded box when tring to forward an MMS picture message.
    1. Download and install Crackutil
    2. Download mms.cod file Zip File
    3. Unzip and drop the net_rim_bb_mms.cod file in the directory C/Program Files/Crackutil
    4. Right click on Crackutil desktop icon, and select "Run as Aministrator"
    5. Select FILE MANIPULATION - INTERMEDIATE
    6. Select Load File to Device
    7. Navigate to and select net_rim_bb_mms.cod
    8. Let the phone reboot and your mms problem is fixed.

For those of you having problems with Crackutil, here is the alternate way. Try using this method. It was how to fix it before the crackutil was discovered. Now keep in mine this is re installing you OS, so for safety, back up your phone.
    1. Make a backup of data with D.M
    2. Must have your OS installed on computer and phone
    3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.xxx*\Java
    4. Delete net_rim_bb_mms.cod
    5. Plug in phone and run loader it will remove mms from phone, phone will restart with an error thats ok just leave it sit that way and up plug from usb
    6. Go back to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.xxx*\Java
    7. Copy the .100 net_rim_bb_mms.cod file in the directory
    8. Plug phone back in run loader phone will update and install that mms.cod and restart.
    9. After phone restarts go to D.M and restore backup then send host routing table
    10. Pull battery put battery back phone restarts
    11. MMS will send with pictures or forward old mms with pictures

* is your loaded OS

NOTES:
    1. The mms.cod file I have is from .100, but the .86 mms.cod file works also.
    2. Vista users make sure you install Crackutil as Administrator and change Compatability to Run this program as an administrator.

**Disclaimer**
    If you do not feel comfortable with ANY of these steps DO NOT ATTEMPT, as this is altering you OS and can brick your phone...
    If you can change the radio code, you can do this MMS fix with no issue imo.
    Last edited by polar135; 03-24-09 at 10:34 AM.
    03-24-09 10:32 AM
    I read that you had a reboot right before dl'd .113.
    I think that was your device saying,
    "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!"
    Looking back... I think so

03-24-09 10:33 AM
    Doid- Did you see the follow thread on how to fix the MMS issue?

If you can change the radio code, you can do this MMS fix with no issue imo.
    Yea.. I had the mms fix thread saved... Just haven't had the time. Thank you though... I wish I could just have one of you do it for me LOL

03-24-09 10:35 AM
    Looking back... I think so

If you're going to do it, just copy/paste the .86 mms.cod in there as well. You've done it enough, between yourself and helping all the others
    03-24-09 10:37 AM
    If you're going to do it, just copy/paste the .86 mms.cod in there as well. You've done it enough, between yourself and helping all the others
    Yea I know... Just lazy... I don't even mms that much

03-24-09 10:38 AM
    Yea I know... Just lazy... I don't even mms that much

At least you already have .113 dl'd. I think I will make my Marcus Hybrid from the .113 build. Seems to have a bit less memory leakage.
    I might start another thread as well
    03-24-09 10:40 AM
    At least you already have .113 dl'd. I think I will make my Marcus Hybrid from the .113 build. Seems to have a bit less memory leakage.
    I might start another thread as well
    Dork!

03-24-09 10:47 AM
    I was going to try .113 tonight but I have a funny feeling about it
    I don't know maybe it is because it was never on CB homepage that makes me nervous, oh well I think I will stick with trusty .114 for now. LOL
    03-24-09 11:00 AM
    I don't know maybe it is because it was never on CB homepage that makes me nervous, oh well I think I will stick with trusty .114 for now. LOL
    Bm... Come to jersey and upgrade my phone to a hybrid.

03-24-09 11:05 AM
    Bm... Come to jersey and upgrade my phone to a hybrid.

LOL that is one long trip for me...

I was to lazy to ever even put the hybrid on my phone so I think you are out of luck
    03-24-09 11:13 AM
    LOL that is one long trip for me...

I was to lazy to ever even put the hybrid on my phone so I think you are out of luck
    Can't blame me for trying

03-24-09 11:14 AM
    i will play. LOL. Loaded up with MMS fix now. Rebooting. I will let u know my thoughts after I play for a bit. Problem is I am in my office today and not the road. I don�t use my phone nearly as much when I am in the office. Lunch time for me. I get to play on crackberry. lol
    03-24-09 11:17 AM

lol. I could be like my IT guys and connect to your computer and take over the desktop. lol.
    03-24-09 11:18 AM
    Exactly!!!!! I looked first thing this morning to see if it was on the homepage and it wasn't. I may be reading more into it, but I think Kevin knows that this is just a bullsh1t leak and if it WAS going to be official, he would've put it on the homepage.
    Just my thoughts
    03-24-09 11:19 AM

Nope I cannot

i will play. LOL. Loaded up with MMS fix now. Rebooting. I will let u know my thoughts after I play for a bit. Problem is I am in my office today and not the road. I don�t use my phone nearly as much when I am in the office. Lunch time for me. I get to play on crackberry. lol
    Yeah let me know what you think of it I am still on the fence. It not being on CB homepage and a really reduced file size has me thinking
    03-24-09 11:20 AM
    Exactly!!!!! I looked first thing this morning to see if it was on the homepage and it wasn't. I may be reading more into it, but I think Kevin knows that this is just a bullsh1t leak and if it WAS going to be official, he would've put it on the homepage.
    Just my thoughts
    You hit the nail on head Marcus.. Why wasn't it on the Homepage it is always on the homepage. Plus the reduced file size has me worried as well. I wish CB would put something about it on the homepage at least.
    03-24-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah let me know what you think of it I am still on the fence. It not being on CB homepage and a really reduced file size has me thinking
    Professor, I was looking at the javas, and there are a LOT less files for each category, i.e help, VAD files, etc.
    Usually there are around 20 files for VAD. I think with .113 there were only 6-7? Maybe its shaved down purposely......
    03-24-09 11:22 AM
    I think I'm finally satisfied with my theme/OS situation.

- Glass 1.2 w/ WB (non-today)
    - WeatherEye (looks and works great)
    - Blue background from the Application screen.

I find with the blue background I can barely tell there's a colour issue, and with WeatherEye it just looks and feels complete. .113 has been great on memory as well.
    03-24-09 11:23 AM
    You hit the nail on head Marcus.. Why wasn't it on the Homepage it is always on the homepage. Plus the reduced file size has me worried as well. I wish CB would put something about it on the homepage at least.
    That gives me hope that it will NOT be the official. I hope so.......I want something that will knock my socks off.......in full color
    03-24-09 11:24 AM
10,775 ... 322323324325326 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD