I really hope my colour is good with .113.

I suspect it could be a hardware difference between certain devices with different screen panels. Some Storm's have a "cool" colour temperature and others have a warmer style.
    I'm installing .113 now and hoping the same. I wiped with JLCmdr first so re-downloading AB Glass will be first priority when I'm back up.

P.S. there's that color with a u again
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 03-23-09 at 06:36 PM.
    03-23-09 06:29 PM
    ok got it to work this time now fully happy with this version of glass
    03-23-09 06:32 PM

I suspect it could be a hardware difference between certain devices with different screen panels. Some Storm's have a "cool" colour temperature and others have a warmer style.
    hastings...

sorry about the pic i posted a couple pages back

your a cutie

oh and on a sidenote, i think i got a sign not to install .113... went to backup and my phone restarted
    03-23-09 06:34 PM

No this is not a hardware issue it is a software issue. Some people just don't know what the color banding issue is. My device did NOT have the color banding issue with early 0.65-0.86 OS builds.
    03-23-09 06:35 PM
    Hastings,

I just sent you a Thank You via Paypal!
    03-23-09 06:44 PM
    No this is not a hardware issue it is a software issue. Some people just don't know what the color banding issue is. My device did NOT have the color banding issue with early 0.65-0.86 OS builds.
    I have friends with Storms and if we lay ours side by side I can definitely notice a huge difference in colour temperature with stock OS. I'm sure it is on the software side as well, since .75 didn't have the issue, but perhaps a certain hardware revision works with a certain OS and others don't?

Who knows. =P
    03-23-09 06:44 PM
    I have friends with Storms and if we lay ours side by side I can definitely notice a huge difference in colour temperature with stock OS. I'm sure it is on the software side as well, since .75 didn't have the issue, but perhaps a certain hardware revision works with a certain OS and others don't?

Who knows. =P
    Totally plausible. You know RIM is getting LCDs from multiple sources.
    03-23-09 06:46 PM
    Hastings,

I just sent you a Thank You via Paypal!
    Thanks Dave! (=

Left you a little something in your inbox.

Cheers
    03-23-09 06:49 PM

Who knows. =P

Lets not confuse two different issues. In the current and most recent builds of the OS RIM has obviously decided to decrease the bit-depth of the homescreen icons and background. Probably for a performance gain. If I look at my homescreen image in the photo viewer (media app) it looks perfect no banding issue. Same image set as my homescreen looks like crap with colour gradient bands. This issue did not exist is earlier OS builds on my device.

I do agree that there are variations in the LCDs that RIM is using but that is a totally different issue. Everyone who runs .113 will have the colour banding issue on their homescreen unless they run a hybrid.
    03-23-09 06:57 PM
    Totally plausible. You know RIM is getting LCDs from multiple sources.
    Antagonist let me know how the new OS works for you I can't install! Dang wife is on computer for 3 more days (damn cooking contest)
    03-23-09 06:57 PM
    Antagonist let me know how the new OS works for you I can't install! Dang wife is on computer for 3 more days (damn cooking contest)
    i am updating now
    03-23-09 07:00 PM
    hastings...

sorry about the pic i posted a couple pages back

your a cutie

oh and on a sidenote, i think i got a sign not to install .113... went to backup and my phone restarted
    Helena so far I am liking BB Weather What's it been a couple hours and no memory flux at all. Holding very steady....We will see
    03-23-09 07:01 PM
    i am updating now
    What leaving the Marcus Hybrid...Keep me posted on how you like it I am itching to try it....
    03-23-09 07:01 PM
    What leaving the Marcus Hybrid...Keep me posted on how you like it I am itching to try it....
    even marcus left the marcus hybrid... his sig already says 113

ill keep u posted...

almost done!!
    03-23-09 07:03 PM
    It seems OK so far.

Very disappointed that they didn't resolve the colour issue.
    03-23-09 07:04 PM
    marcus is already tinkering with .113 cuz he has boxes around the homescreen icons LMAO

bunch of DORKS
    03-23-09 07:05 PM
    even marcus left the marcus hybrid... his sig already says 113

ill keep u posted...

almost done!!
    Yes please do....It is looking promising from what I am reading
    03-23-09 07:05 PM
    It seems OK so far.

Very disappointed that they didn't resolve the colour issue.
    Well that won't bug me lol I have the boxes on .114 but the faster switching would be nice.... It the edit feature present?
    03-23-09 07:06 PM
    Hey guys, hows it going? Ok a small issue. I downloaded the new 1.2 theme. I had the grid, and now for some reason the grid doesnt show any more on the full menu. Please advise. Thanks.

P.S. I just installed the theme about half an hour ago, did do a battery pull.

Thanks again.
    03-23-09 07:10 PM
    Well that won't bug me lol I have the boxes on .114 but the faster switching would be nice.... It the edit feature present?
    from what i have read... yes it is
    03-23-09 07:11 PM
    from what i have read... yes it is
    I have been catching up in the finding thread and sounds promising for me coming from the straight .114. Since my wife will have the computer tied up for another day or so maybe I will wait and see how Marcus does adding the .90 code in it.... Hmmmm
    03-23-09 07:29 PM
    I have been catching up in the finding thread and sounds promising for me coming from the straight .114. Since my wife will have the computer tied up for another day or so maybe I will wait and see how Marcus does adding the .90 code in it.... Hmmmm
    bummer... mms issue again.

typing lag is gone

unlock/lock is smoother

moves around faster
    03-23-09 07:31 PM
    and copy and paste is in the .113
    03-23-09 07:32 PM
    and copy and paste is in the .113
    Excellent thanks babe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 07:33 PM
    bummer... mms issue again.

typing lag is gone

unlock/lock is smoother

moves around faster
    I did a wipe and clean install of .113 and don't have the mms problem.
    03-23-09 07:35 PM
10,775 ... 316317318319320 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD