cant find link to download this
    03-23-09 09:13 AM
    there are ota links on the first post for the public release version of appleberry. an ota link for the appleberry glass version is sent to those who donate
    03-23-09 09:25 AM
    If You're talking about the new Glass version, that one you have to donate to receive the link...otherwise the Original version is on the 1st page
    03-23-09 09:25 AM
    Andrew,

I love 1.2. Great work as always. Running strong and i love how i can use Weather Eye now instead of Weather bug. (not a huge fan of Weather bug.)

Check out the attached screen shot.

for those who want to check out Weather Eye- Here is a link to check out a screen shot (from crackberry.com) along with the download link if u want to try it.-

Weather Eye Updated For BlackBerry Storm! | CrackBerry.com

http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/
    03-23-09 09:26 AM
    there are ota links on the first post for the public release version of appleberry. an ota link for the appleberry glass version is sent to those who donate

Damn...foiled again by Doity!!! She ALWAYS seems to beat me to the punch...
    03-23-09 09:26 AM
    Andrew,

I love 1.2. Great work as always. Running strong and i love how i can use Weather Eye now instead of Weather bug. (not a huge fan of Weather bug.)

Check out the attached screen shot.

for those who want to check out Weather Eye- Here is a link to check out a screen shot (from crackberry.com) along with the download link if u want to try it.-

Weather Eye Updated For BlackBerry Storm! | CrackBerry.com

http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/
    The only prob I have with Weather Eye is that I can only load one location as far as I can see...with WB I can load as many as I want...and since I work 40 miles from where I live and have family I visit even farther away - not to mention the beaches I go to during the summer - I like having multiple locations I can see with a swipe of my finger...
    03-23-09 09:28 AM
    Damn...foiled again by Doity!!! She ALWAYS seems to beat me to the punch...
    LMAO... sorry shammy... ill leave you in charge now
    03-23-09 09:31 AM
    The only prob I have with Weather Eye is that I can only load one location as far as I can see...with WB I can load as many as I want...and since I work 40 miles from where I live and have family I visit even farther away - not to mention the beaches I go to during the summer - I like having multiple locations I can see with a swipe of my finger...
    Shamrock- I like WB but it was killing my memory on my phone- I will probably check it out again with the New Hybrid i am running along with 1.2 to see if has the same effect. I shall report back lol
    03-23-09 09:34 AM
    LMAO... sorry shammy... ill leave you in charge now
    Oh I'm just checking in...I am spending the day with my Baby in Old Towne Alexandria...and wont really be checking any thread until tonight...gotta be leaving in a little bit here- depending on when she is ready
    03-23-09 09:35 AM
    Shamrock- I like WB but it was killing my memory on my phone- I will probably check it out again with the New Hybrid i am running along with 1.2 to see if has the same effect. I shall report back lol
    Yeah, I have had WB from the beginning without any problems...have you set the updates to 1hr from the 30 minute default? It does make a difference
    03-23-09 09:36 AM
    Oh I'm just checking in...I am spending the day with my Baby in Old Towne Alexandria...and wont really be checking any thread until tonight...gotta be leaving in a little bit here- depending on when she is ready

...as an addendum, I have been instructed to let everyone know that I HAVEN'T been waiting for hours...it's only been 15 minutes or so since I finished getting ready, so I am making the correction...
    03-23-09 09:39 AM
    Have you tried BBweather?

I have been running this for a couple of weeks now and it has been easier on the memory them WB. Very customizable and I have 5 different locations that I can switch to.

Also, the icon looks good with AB Glass.

New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    03-23-09 09:41 AM
    OK...time to go...have a GREAT day everyone...I already know I LOVE this release, but I'll report more tonight...ttyl and THANKS Andrew...hope YOU get some time off too!!!
    03-23-09 09:42 AM

I have been running this for a couple of weeks now and it has been easier on the memory them WB. Very customizable and I have 5 different locations that I can switch to.

New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    Cool...I will try it and see...thanks for the link
    03-23-09 09:43 AM
    Andrew mentioned awhile back that he may look into hiding the Today screen when the Stack is raised.

~X
    Andrew - If this is true, please don't. It's not that difficult for someone to click off of their calendar or collapse the stack.

I like being able to have the stack open and still see my calendar even if I can't see the full entry.

my .02
    03-23-09 09:44 AM
    Just now downloading. I love that the buttons are not broken now.

Yea Hastings, Dont hide the today, people should just close the stack?
    03-23-09 09:50 AM
    i dont remember hastings saying anything about hiding the today when the stack is raised...

i remember he specifically said in one email that it only takes a few seconds to close the folder so he wasnt going to make any changes.

if i missed something...

dont do it andrew!!
    03-23-09 10:00 AM
    I found a way to get the stack to close when a today list appears, but it added about 20% more bulk to the SVG file used to create the stack. It literally takes .38 seconds for the menu to close so I figured that small inconvenience wasn't worth the file size increase and corresponding performance decrease.

As for weather, I just loaded WeatherEye, and it's fantastic.

http://crackberry.com/weathereye-upd...ackberry-storm
    03-23-09 10:03 AM
    Hey Hastings,

Wanted to say the new release of glass is wicked sweet. Digging the subtle pin strips in menu screens.....classey. Was wonder if there is an eta on customization of folder icons. Really looking foward to that. Great work tho
    03-23-09 10:04 AM
    Hey Hastings,

Wanted to say the new release of glass is wicked sweet. Digging the subtle pin strips in menu screens.....classey. Was wonder if there is an eta on customization of folder icons. Really looking foward to that. Great work tho
    Thanks. The pin stripes definitely add some subtle awesomeness to it. =P

As for the folder icons, if you rename them and press save it should customize the icon for you. Unfortunately there is only one icon style at present, but that's a Plazmic limitation and not a design choice.

Cheers
    03-23-09 10:12 AM
    I found a way to get the stack to close when a today list appears, but it added about 20% more bulk to the SVG file used to create the stack. It literally takes .38 seconds for the menu to close so I figured that small inconvenience wasn't worth the file size increase and corresponding performance decrease.

As for weather, I just loaded WeatherEye, and it's fantastic.

http://crackberry.com/weathereye-upd...ackberry-storm
    It is a great program. Works better if you are from Canada. (Example- way more locations in Canada then the US.
    03-23-09 10:13 AM
    Can someone please post a desktop link for this theme!
    03-23-09 10:32 AM
    hasting i got a question for you.. i dont know how to do it so i was wondering if it can be. lol.. i wonder is there a way to create a new folder and name it finder and make the folder picture look like the finder on a mac osx.. i wanna make one of those put most of my apps into it and clean up my phone just like i do on my comp. id keep facebook aim itunes sms email the phone and weather out of the folder but id dump everything else into it.. is it possible?
    03-23-09 10:37 AM

I love the GPS of Weather bug. I am going to try it with 1.2 and the new OS i am running to see if slows down the Memory issue. If not, i do like the BBweather look for the most part.
    03-23-09 10:41 AM
    Can someone please post a desktop link for this theme!
    there is no desktop link for this theme... only ota
    03-23-09 10:45 AM
10,775 ... 307308309310311 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD