What photoshop are you theme builders using? I need to know which one I should use/buy.
    02-13-09 07:25 PM
    just use gimp, photoshop is by no means cheap, so if this is the only reason you'd buy it its not worth it imo....unless you've got deep pockets.

But regardless I'm sure many use cs2 or 3 would be my guess, I personally use cs2.
    02-13-09 07:26 PM
    I'm running Photoshop CS3, it's a legitimate copy as well. I do web and graphic design as a side job so it's paid for itself many times over.

I second the use of GIMP though, it's a great program and it's free!
    02-13-09 07:29 PM
    i'm using Photoshop CS 4 and CS 3....depending on which computer i'm on
    02-13-09 07:30 PM
    Yeah, my wife has CS3 because she's a graphic designer, but I don't even use her computer. I just use Microsoft Picture It! Premium 10 because it came free with my computer.
    02-13-09 07:31 PM
    just use gimp, photoshop is by no means cheap, so if this is the only reason you'd buy it its not worth it imo....unless you've got deep pockets.

But regardless I'm sure many use cs2 or 3 would be my guess, I personally use cs2.
    Will gimp do what I need it to do?
    02-13-09 07:33 PM

He's correct by no means is it cheap, but ive been using photoshop for the past 4 or 5 years, I believe it can pretty much do anything you need it too, might be a bit of a learning curve if you've never used it before but there are tons! of tutorials all over the net, i'd recommend giving the trial a shot and see what you think.
    02-13-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD