As I have bounced around from OS to OS, I have noticed that when I have a 3rd party Theme loaded on my phone, even when it's not the operating theme, I have extremely sluggish results.
    I have tried multiple themes on .90, .99, Siths hybrids, .103 and the .106 home hyrbird...

So, I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this and if any of the experts have any advice on how to rectify the situation?

Any help would be great because I'm really liking some of the themes that are out there but can't afford the lag..
    *All help and feedback is greatly appreciated*

(If this should have been under the "Theme" forum, my bad....
    02-16-09 01:38 PM
    I agree Ice noticed a mem leak on 1 and a steep batt leak on another. How ever since then I have. Noticed that after a few batt pulls my latest trial theme is much improved. They are very much like 3rd party apps the bigger and fancier they are the more it takes to run them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:04 PM
    Extremely slow as u mentioned even without the theme as default.

I had to delete due to this reason. Even deleting is painstakenly slow. Seems like I had the hour glass for ever.
    02-16-09 02:10 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I deleted all the custom themes I installed onto my phone b/c I too was seeing some super sluggish results when using the themes and when just having them installed in my phone while using the stock theme. I'm just going to wait for either a) an official OS release and/or b)plazmic's official 4.7 release, not the beta that everyone is using at the moment.
    02-16-09 02:32 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I deleted all the custom themes I installed onto my phone b/c I too was seeing some super sluggish results when using the themes and when just having them installed in my phone while using the stock theme. I'm just going to wait for either a) an official OS release and/or b)plazmic's official 4.7 release, not the beta that everyone is using at the moment.
    +1 For me.
    It seems the only theme that's not giving me any issues (if that) is Firestorm Today.
    02-16-09 02:51 PM
    I had 7 themes loaded to my storm and began to notice it was extremely slow would take like 6-7 seconds for the keyboard to pop up and forget switching applications that would make the phone just completely freeze. as soon as i deleted all these themes phone was as good as new.
    02-16-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD