01-30-11 04:32 PM
475 1234 ...
tools
    I don't have a Storm, but thank you so much for posting stuff like this. I am hoping that this trend spreads to the other device forums, and people start sharing a little.

Thanks!!!
    09-03-09 08:17 PM
    That's what I'm trying to do... load it into plazmic so I can tinker w/ it and make it my own :-) I was able to load the other zip files, but not the rar file.
    You will probably need winrar WinRAR (32-bit) - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com to do it.
    09-03-09 08:25 PM
    NOW WE'RE COOKING!! hehe

Jaxjon... I can't tell u enough how helpful you are!
    09-03-09 08:31 PM
    Here is the wallpaper that you requested.

Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-03-09 11:39 PM
    Thanks Zach for doing this for us. But if i were you, I would put some kinda small watermark somewhere on the theme where some of these guys can't steal it and try to sell it like the other guy did.
    09-04-09 01:48 AM
    love the theme
    09-04-09 05:42 PM
    Where do you go to add more icons to the svg file and add the MB icons to the home screen? I can't figure that out.
    09-05-09 08:08 PM
    Where do you go to add more icons to the svg file and add the MB icons to the home screen? I can't figure that out.
    svg: open it with Composer and the choose theme button from the left side panel, click on the screen and move button to where you want it placed. Do this for as many buttons as you want to add. Under inspector check Use Device Application Order for each button (your icon will change from a mail icon to a blue application icon).
    Save the svg by going to File/Export/SVG and save to where you want it (Export it don't save it).
    You will have to edit the svg after you export it to set the proper slot number for the new icons you are adding as well as creating the "buttons" wrapper and the animation code at the bottom of the svg.

Her you can see that for tb1 the slot is set for slot1 meaning the second icon in your app list (slot0 is first WB). If you want to add another icon for MB you will have to move each tb's slot up by 1. tb1=slot2 tb2=slot3 etc. This is so you can use slot0 and slot1 for your 2 Zen icons you will create in Theme Builder.
    Code:
    <g  id="tb1"
    	transform="translate(-180 23) scale(0.983562 1)">
    	<!-- pz:tag type="button" -->
    <useApplicationIcons app-id="slot1"
          normal-group="normalImage"
          focus-group="focusImage"/
    You will also have to edit the loadscene element for each button. These can be found towards the middle/bottom of the svg file, 1 for each button, do these the same as the first example else you will click a button and open a different program.
    Code:
    <loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://slot1"  begin="tb1.activate"/>
    The code for scaling the buttons is this and should be placed at the bottom of the svg right above the </svg>
    Code:

<animateTransform xlink:href="#buttons" id="_anim_l15" attributeName="transform" type="scale"
    		from="0" to="1" 
    		dur="0.4s"
    		fill="freeze"
    		begin="up_Button.focusin"	/>

<animateTransform xlink:href="#buttons" id="_anim_l16" attributeName="transform" type="scale"
    		from="1" to="0"
    		dur="0.4s"
    		fill="freeze"
    		begin="down_Button.focusin"	/>
    To use this piece of code you will need to add a "buttons" wrapper to the svg. Add this code directly before your first button's <g id="tb1" code (make sure all of the buttons you want to be affected by this code are grouped together and nothing else in between (if you group them on the right side panel in Composer, they will stay that way in the svg)
    Code:
    <g  id="buttons">
    add this code
    Code:
    </g>
    after the last button and after the last
    Code:
    </g>
    you see. (there should be 4 of them, make it five)

After doing this you can save the svg and import into the theme using Theme builder.

MB Zen icon: Open Theme builder and your theme then click the second button down "Theme the Homescreen".
    Next to Applications: click the second button (Zen icon) and see info appear below in Properties area.
    Check on "Use Device Application Order" and then check/uncheck tab and show text (you will probably want tab unchecked and show text checked.
    Use this icon to relace the default focus icon if you don't want to see one.
    http://home.comcast.net/~jaxjon/icon_focus_trans.zip
    Change any of the other options available if you want.
    Click Reposition Applications and move your icon to where you want it placed within the homescreen.

If you have 2 Zen icons the first will be your app in the first position (slot0) in your app screen and the second will be the second (slot1). This is why you have to have the theme buttons in the svg moved up 2 slots so there is no duplication of icons.

Save and then export as jad (OTA) or alx (DM)

Any questions (I may have skipped something or not explained properly) don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 09-05-09 at 09:32 PM.
    09-05-09 09:13 PM
    Awesome! I am going to try this as, but will probably have more questions LOL
    09-05-09 11:17 PM
    zachriel or jaxjon can you guys throw in the little circle profile indicators?
    09-06-09 01:25 PM
    zachriel or jaxjon can you guys throw in the little circle profile indicators?
    Are you talking about this:

I pulled them from the regular profile icon and you will need to enlarge to a 73x73 canvas and clean them up a bit to use them as profile icons.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 09-06-09 at 05:02 PM.
    09-06-09 03:33 PM
    I have tried the above and I cannot get it right.
    09-06-09 11:30 PM
    Zachriel and jaxjon. U guys FN' rule. I'm sure I speak for most of us noobs when I say thank u Very much. Ur hard work and patience is really appreciated. Mad Respect for both of U..

09-06-09 11:58 PM
    Will be posting a new theme (including source files) based of jaxjon's X1 theme called X1_zEdition. It's not quite ready yet, but i'm posting some screens as well as a list of changes.

- Slightly smaller icons, 90% to be precise
    - Top and bottom bars have a slightly smaller font and 75% transparency
    - Added a HTC Hero style clock
    - + button at the bottom causes 10 icons to slide in from the left, hitting + again causes them to slide back out and another 10 icons slide in from the right. Keep pressing + and it will keep switching between the left and right icons. So you have access to 20 icons from the home screen. Pressing - will hide all icons.
    - Changed all the blue throughout the rest of the theme back to white. Changed the selection bar to be dark.

Not sure exactly when I'll get chance to post everything but it should be pretty soon.
    09-07-09 06:33 AM
    Very nice, Zachriel!
    I like the semi transparency in the bars and the 20 icon slide!
    Can't wait to see the finished product.
    09-07-09 08:48 AM
    Will be posting a new theme (including source files) based of jaxjon's X1 theme called X1_zEdition. It's not quite ready yet, but i'm posting some screens as well as a list of changes.

- Slightly smaller icons, 90% to be precise
    - Top and bottom bars have a slightly smaller font and 75% transparency
    - Added a HTC Hero style clock
    - + button at the bottom causes 10 icons to slide in from the left, hitting + again causes them to slide back out and another 10 icons slide in from the right. Keep pressing + and it will keep switching between the left and right icons. So you have access to 20 icons from the home screen. Pressing - will hide all icons.
    - Changed all the blue throughout the rest of the theme back to white. Changed the selection bar to be dark.

Not sure exactly when I'll get chance to post everything but it should be pretty soon.

cant wait to see how it comes out zachriel!! are you going to be using the same icons that you used in your hybrid series?
    09-08-09 04:20 AM
    Are you talking about this:

I pulled them from the regular profile icon and you will need to enlarge to a 73x73 canvas and clean them up a bit to use them as profile icons.
    yes these are the ones thanks
    09-08-09 04:21 AM
    cant wait to see how it comes out zachriel!! are you going to be using the same icons that you used in your hybrid series?
    It will be using the icons jaxjon included in his theme. I spent far too much time on the Hybrid icons to make them available for others to use at this time. Maybe in the future when interest in the Hybrid theme has died.
    Last edited by Zachriel; 09-08-09 at 04:46 AM.
    09-08-09 04:37 AM
    Will try and post an OTA for "X1 zEdition" today along with the source files. With regards to the sliding icons, I had to reduce the number of icons to 16 as 20 caused far too much lag, 16 is very smooth on my phone and a far better experience.
    09-08-09 04:39 AM
    X1 zEdition

OTA Download
    Source Files for Plazmic and Composer
    Last edited by Zachriel; 09-08-09 at 08:54 AM.
    09-08-09 08:47 AM
    I wondered how you did the sliding of the icons with one button...now I see, it's two buttons hiding and showing each other.
    This looks really cool, I think I will have some fun with this! I may add a WB/MB icon(s) next to the clock for starters.
    I have to ask...why did you move the top bar and clock out of the svg and into Theme Builder as a banner? Perhaps because of transparency issues? Only reason I can think of.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 09-08-09 at 09:38 AM.
    09-08-09 09:35 AM
    I wondered how you did the sliding of the icons with one button...now I see, it's two buttons hiding and showing each other.
    This looks really cool, I think I will have some fun with this! I may add a WB/MB icon(s) next to the clock for starters.
    I have to ask...why did you move the top bar and clock out of the svg and into Theme Builder as a banner? Perhaps because of transparency issues? Only reason I can think of.
    I wanted the top bar without the text (media/mail) as well as the clock to appear on both the lock screen and the home screen.
    09-08-09 09:40 AM
    LOL I hate to say it but this is way over my head, I'll stick to complementing you guys on great work. Thanks for the help.
    09-08-09 11:30 AM
    LOL I hate to say it but this is way over my head, I'll stick to complementing you guys on great work. Thanks for the help.
    Keep looking at the svg's and the cp's for each theme and you can visualize the coding. That helps a lot.
    09-08-09 11:47 AM
    You and me both buddy, lol. Although, I was able to take one and customize it w/ a stationary today screen, personalized wallpapers and fonts, the simple stuff... and I love it! That was pretty much everything I wanted in a theme. I called it "redbone" b/c it's got custom screens of my favorite "redbone" chicks (i.e. Angelina Jolie). But getting into customizing icons and homescreen layouts... either way over my head or too time-consuming to even figure it out.

It gave me a much deeper appreciation for the themes I see that are totally customized.
    09-08-09 01:28 PM
475 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD