I just thought that I would take the time to share what I have created using X1 zEdition's theme. HUGE thanks to everyone that has posted here and well as offered help to those of us that are learning! Much appreciated!

I have adjusted the SVG to remove some of the hot spots since I don't use Quicklaunch or whatever the Media Buttons was doing. Now the Media button opens up the Music folder. I have used the Blak Icons as well as created a few of the ones that we missing using the Template included with them and the Default Precision Icons.

I have also added a Landscape home screen. I created an SVG for this (didn't like how the phone ran with both of those) but I removed it and just set static Icons on that screen. I did include the SVG that I used though.

Source:
    os_X1_Blak_Source.zip

Files
    X1 Blak.zip
    Sweet Nice job
    11-18-09 07:05 PM
    Ok finally got my theme set up, based off of #4 in the OP. Thanks again for all the help, don't know if i'll be trying many more themes, these are just insane.. major props to u guys who have the patience to do this

Anyways, this is a 'dark' hidden dock them w/ zoom only transitions, carbon fiber background on the call screens (pics dont show this but can put it in.. forgot), broken screen wallpaper when locked (pics below)

DL below
    Last edited by GreekElite; 11-19-09 at 04:38 PM.
    11-19-09 03:44 PM
    Very nice, I like the transparent banner in the app screen, and the broken screen lock screen sounds cool too. Thanks for posting it up!
    11-19-09 05:50 PM
    really liking the theme...is there anyway u can make it so I can download it to my phone...
    11-19-09 06:45 PM
    [QUOTE=jskolm85;4120450]I just thought that I would take the time to share what I have created using X1 zEdition's theme. HUGE thanks to everyone that has posted here and well as offered help to those of us that are learning! Much appreciated!

I have adjusted the SVG to remove some of the hot spots since I don't use Quicklaunch or whatever the Media Buttons was doing. Now the Media button opens up the Music folder. I have used the Blak Icons as well as created a few of the ones that we missing using the Template included with them and the Default Precision Icons.

I have also added a Landscape home screen. I created an SVG for this (didn't like how the phone ran with both of those) but I removed it and just set static Icons on that screen. I did include the SVG that I used though.

really like this theme...can u make it so i can download for my phone!!!
    11-19-09 06:47 PM
    Can someone tell what the secret is to adjusting the spacing issue in the today areas, lol?
    11-20-09 12:19 AM
    It is a matter of changing the height of the Subcaret to about 20px. So make it 360x20. That's it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:24 AM

really like this theme...can u make it so i can download for my phone!!!
    If you download the zip file X1 Blak.zip the Desktop Manager install files are in there as well as the JAD files for OTA hosting, I just don't have an OTA setup. If you copy those files in the JAD folder to your media card and then browse to it on your phone, you can install it from there.
    11-20-09 09:25 AM
    Zachriel I was extremely happy to have found this thread. I want to thank you especially and the others for helping newbies like myself learn a little about themes and have the opportunity to play with building my own theme. I had a great time finding and selecting new icons and changing the calendar icon to my daughter�s birth date.
    I am using Theme 2 from Zachriel. Everything looks great except on the message list in the landscape mode I have a small blue space above the time and other info. I have tried for three days to fix this and cannot find how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction ?

11-20-09 01:32 PM
    Zachriel I was extremely happy to have found this thread. I want to thank you especially and the others for helping newbies like myself learn a little about themes and have the opportunity to play with building my own theme. I had a great time finding and selecting new icons and changing the calendar icon to my daughter�s birth date.
    I am using Theme 2 from Zachriel. Everything looks great except on the message list in the landscape mode I have a small blue space above the time and other info. I have tried for three days to fix this and cannot find how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction ?

I did know how to fix this but for the life of me can't remember how. I made severel fixes in a theme (the problem you're having, dial pad cutoff etc) and start from that when I create a new one.

I'm sure jaxjon will know?
    11-20-09 07:02 PM
    I did know how to fix this but for the life of me can't remember how. I made severel fixes in a theme (the problem you're having, dial pad cutoff etc) and start from that when I create a new one.

I'm sure jaxjon will know?
    Edit or create a banner in PS and make it taller. This has to do with the banner hiegth if you changed it. I think this is the fix. Not sure just give it a try.
    11-20-09 07:09 PM
    I am really new at this. I have been trying to locate what banner it is to play with. On the message list page there is no banner. Where in the file would I find the banner.
    EDIT:
    Found the banner under application banner was the one to change
    Last edited by horsebiz; 11-20-09 at 08:47 PM.
    11-20-09 07:23 PM
    I am really new at this. I have been trying to locate what banner it is to play with. On the message list page there is no banner. Where in the file would I find the banner.
    A picture can say it better than i can.

Where i have circled in red is the area that you need to focus on. Changing these setting will effect the banners in all other screens.

You can create a new banner in Photo Shop and import it into TB5.0 by clicking on the image of the banner. That will open your files and folders, you just need to know where you saved the new banner you just created.

Oh and do not leave the banner hieght at 48 like it shows in the picture. This will cause dial pad cut off.

11-20-09 08:45 PM
    Thank You

+1
    11-20-09 08:48 PM
    Thank You

+1
    This is jaxjon and zachriel's baby. I just like to help when i can. They are the ones with the real talent.
    11-20-09 08:54 PM
    Thanks Jalaw for answering his question so astutely. This is my busy season, so I'm not at the computer or playing on my BB as much right now.
    11-20-09 08:55 PM
    Not a problem. Been on CB looking for a fix to my own TB5.0 problems.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/la...h-help-368643/
    11-20-09 08:58 PM
    my dumb question is, is this to be used with the most recent release of Plazmic? I have made a few basic themes but would love to learn the more in depth concepts so I can make 49er & Real Madrid themes that rock for Storm 2.
    11-21-09 10:58 AM
    my dumb question is, is this to be used with the most recent release of Plazmic? I have made a few basic themes but would love to learn the more in depth concepts so I can make 49er & Real Madrid themes that rock for Storm 2.
    You can use the themes and svg from here on the newest Plazmic. The theme builder will prompt you if you want to upgrade the theme, just say ok. There is not that much fundamentally that is different from the older version 4.7, a few new items such as transitions, landscape home screen, Subcarets for today screen etc.

11-21-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks to jaxjon post #303 I was able to add a sliding dock into this theme. I think it's really slick now. DM download only but anyone can feel free to host the OTA. Maybe we can put this on the first page?

11-21-09 12:23 PM
    Thanks to jaxjon post #303 I was able to add a sliding dock into this theme. I think it's really slick now. DM download only but anyone can feel free to host the OTA. Maybe we can put this on the first page?

Very nice... I was going to do this same thing next I just want to remove the 2 top slots though. I don't use anything that I want displayed up there.
    11-21-09 12:43 PM
    I was just gonna request a sliding dock version of it! My only issue I noticed was a small graphical glitch on the battery when highluted' a skewed volume indicator is overlapped aside from that I would love a dl link for the sliding dock version

11-21-09 12:55 PM
    Ok I got permission from csalem, who started this theme, to post the source from mine. Unfortunately it's too big to attach! If someone can email me I will email it to them and they can host it. Note that the sliding dock requires manual editing of the .svg file, so the .svg doesn't perfectly match the .cp file. If anyone want to try to get rid of the battery select bug, or, what I wanted to do but can't figure out, change the clock highlight to gray instead of blue, be my guest! There's also a bug highlighting the 5th or so entry of the today, the highlight is off for some reason.
    11-21-09 01:05 PM
    Send to me [email protected] and I will host the files. Send them in a zip file for me to post.

11-21-09 02:41 PM
    Cheers jalaw and jlawler4 for your help and theme update. Great to have others involved answering questions and keeping new theme updates rolling. I'm in a similar situation to jaxjon right now and and can't be on here as much as I might like so your help really is appreciated.
    11-21-09 04:59 PM
475 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD