I added this theme to the second post in the thread....#12

Source file will be added shortly.

Jon
    Thank you so much Jon... You've been a huge help to me and the Crackberry community!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 11:13 AM
    Ok, I am trying to customize "Theme 5 (X1 zEdition) from Zachriel". Everything works great for me so far except 1 thing. I can not edit the svg file. I am sure that i am missing a step or something.

I open the x1b5.cp file in composer and then export to the SVG file and link the theme to that new svg file. Doesn't matter if I make any changes at all. I can open it and export it without changing anything. But everytime I do this, I lose the animation at the bottom of the screen for the icons to scroll in and out. Any help? What step am I missing?

Also, question 2, how do I create a hot spot for a third party app? Meaning how do I know the file name that I am supposed to use? net_rim_blah_blah.cod?

Thanks for all the work that people have put into these themes. This is awesome that you all allow for us to play with these things.
    11-16-09 09:22 AM
    Ok, I am trying to customize "Theme 5 (X1 zEdition) from Zachriel". Everything works great for me so far except 1 thing. I can not edit the svg file. I am sure that i am missing a step or something.

I open the x1b5.cp file in composer and then export to the SVG file and link the theme to that new svg file. Doesn't matter if I make any changes at all. I can open it and export it without changing anything. But everytime I do this, I lose the animation at the bottom of the screen for the icons to scroll in and out. Any help? What step am I missing?

Also, question 2, how do I create a hot spot for a third party app? Meaning how do I know the file name that I am supposed to use? net_rim_blah_blah.cod?

Thanks for all the work that people have put into these themes. This is awesome that you all allow for us to play with these things.

1. Check out post #303 in this thread...you need to edit the svg in notepad or similar text editor to add the dock animation.

2. What third party app do you want? What you need to look for is the module name for that app. Example: Quicklaunch module name is QuickLaunch
    Case is specific.
    11-16-09 09:32 AM
    Wow jaxjon, you're fast, beat me to it

What jaxjon said, if you open the svg included in notepad (or similar) scroll to the bottom and you will see the code for the sliding icons. It will appear under a line that reads something like

Plazmic/Composer generated code ends here

1. Check out post #303 in this thread...you need to edit the svg in notepad or similar text editor to add the dock animation.

2. What third party app do you want? What you need to look for is the module name for that app. Example: Quicklaunch module name is QuickLaunch
    Case is specific.
    11-16-09 09:37 AM
    I'm also trying to re-complie (and hopefully later modify) Zachriel's version of the X1 theme but I'm not having as good luck as jskolm85

I posted a (somewhat overly detailed) description of my problem in the X1-Zedition thread ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/x1...58/index2.html ) - but the basic issue is once I get everything together & send it to the device - nothing works.

Wrong background, no animation, nothing.

Also I did make the needed manual changes to the SVG file so that's not the problem.

This is my first attempt at Theme development and my first experience with the Theme Designer Software but I do have a background in programming (mostly Visual Basic Stuff) so this is getting a little clearer as I work with it. Unfortunatly I just don't have much time right now to work with it so any help to speed me along is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    11-16-09 10:06 AM
    I'm also trying to re-complie (and hopefully later modify) Zachriel's version of the X1 theme but I'm not having as good luck as jskolm85

I posted a (somewhat overly detailed) description of my problem in the X1-Zedition thread ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/x1...58/index2.html ) - but the basic issue is once I get everything together & send it to the device - nothing works.

Also I did make the needed manual changes to the SVG file so that's not the problem.

This is my first attempt at Theme development and my first experience with the Theme Designer Software but I do have a background in programming (mostly Visual Basic Stuff) so this is getting a little clearer as I work with it. Unfortunatly I just don't have much time right now to work with it so any help to speed me along is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Here's what I've been finding with the new Theme Studio.

SVGs exported from Composer 4.7 work in Theme Builder 5.0. However if you open a CP file made in Composer 4.7 in Composer 5.0, then export to SVG the resulting SVG is pretty messed up. It does things like stick in negative durations.

I wanted to make a change to the SVG for a theme I'm upgrading at the moment and found it quicker to rebuild the Composer project from scratch than trying to manually fix the buggy SVG.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced these issues?
    11-16-09 10:24 AM

Thanks
    What OS is on your phone? Strange that is should work in the sim but not on your phone...
    11-16-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. That looks like it fixed the my SVG issues.

Now what I do notice is that the Icons in the slide are just repeating themselves. (I see how to fix it though I think). But icon15 in the code is listed as icon 4 and so on down the line then repeating Icon10 is then again listed as Icon4.
    Example

Code:
    <g  id="iconLayer">
    	<!-- pz:tag type="layer" -->
    <g  id="icon15"
    	transform="translate(452.2 125) scale(0.983562 1)">
    	<!-- pz:tag type="button" -->
    <useApplicationIcons app-id="slot4"
          normal-group="normalImage"
          focus-group="focusImage"/>
    <g  id="icon15-Contents">

Ok next question. I want to edit the Default Storm Battery Meter PNG file. I have it and I just want to make the icons smaller basically. Reduced by about 90%. I like to use GIMP as my editor but when I shrink then PNG file, the icon displays and then starts the next part of the image. So basically I am not resizing it correctly. Any advise on this?
    Last edited by jskolm85; 11-16-09 at 11:02 AM.
    11-16-09 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. That looks like it fixed the my SVG issues.

Now what I do notice is that the Icons in the slide are just repeating themselves. (I see how to fix it though I think). But icon15 in the code is listed as icon 4 and so on down the line then repeating Icon10 is then again listed as Icon4.
    Example

Code:
    <g  id="iconLayer">
    	<!-- pz:tag type="layer" -->
    <g  id="icon15"
    	transform="translate(452.2 125) scale(0.983562 1)">
    	<!-- pz:tag type="button" -->
    <useApplicationIcons app-id="slot4"
          normal-group="normalImage"
          focus-group="focusImage"/>
    <g  id="icon15-Contents">

Ok next question. I want to edit the Default Storm Battery Meter PNG file. I have it and I just want to make the icons smaller basically. Reduced by about 90%. I like to use GIMP as my editor but when I shrink then PNG file, the icon displays and then starts the next part of the image. So basically I am not resizing it correctly. Any advise on this?
    I used to edit the svg to fix this but recently found out how to do it in Composer.

In Composer, from the menu:
    Interactivity --> Focus Order

Then make sure the icons that use Application order are in order, with the other buttons below, eg:

icon0
    icon1
    icon2
    etc... etc...
    clock
    profiles
    etc... etc...

That should put the slots in the right order. I did this yesterday and it worked for me.
    11-16-09 11:15 AM
    I used to edit the svg to fix this but recently found out how to do it in Composer.

Then make sure the icons that use Application order are in order, with the other buttons below, eg:

icon0
    icon1
    icon2
    etc... etc...
    clock
    profiles
    etc... etc...

That should put the slots in the right order. I did this yesterday and it worked for me.
    The section is blank for me. So there is something missing on my end.
    11-16-09 11:25 AM
    Hey Guys - thanks for the help & info so far.

It does things like stick in negative durations.
    Yes - I have seen it do that to this project - fixed those all manually with note pad. (I used to do HTML "by hand" with notepad back in the day so I'm a firm believer that notepad is your friend *L*)

What OS is on your phone? Strange that is should work in the sim but not on your phone...
    Phone (9530) is running 5.0.0.328(Platform 4.2.0.128)

The simulator is 5.0.0.252 (but I haven't been able to find a .328 simulator yet so that may be at least part of the issue).

Thanks Again for the help.

Will try to work on this some more when I get a chance - Boss gets a really odd look on his face when he walks into my office and sees things like crackberry.com or ThemeBuilder up on my screens.
    11-16-09 12:00 PM
    Ok, so I was looking to get jaxjon's theme (awesome), but put the zen icons in there (not digging the windows 7 icons). I'm not understanding exactly how to use the theme creator though. Does any one have some tips?
    11-16-09 06:58 PM
    If you would prefer to have the zen icons, just open up theme in theme builder, then go to each icon, right click, and select reset to default. This will give you the zen icons.
    11-16-09 09:24 PM
    anyone know where i can get the 9700 icon set to download and play with to make a theme?? i tried looking everywhere on here...im new to the theme making so be kind lol!
    11-16-09 09:35 PM
    damn how do i get my banner to be transparent? like do i have to DL a icon set or somethin, i'm really not sure what i'm doing and just tweakin the one i DL from the OP
    11-16-09 10:34 PM
    If you have some sort of graphics program, the way I did it was just edit the default banner and make it transparent, then select that for your banner.
    11-16-09 10:57 PM

icon0
    icon1
    icon2
    etc... etc...
    clock
    profiles
    etc... etc...

Thanks for the tip Zachriel, I was also just editing the SVG file, but this is alot quicker.
    11-16-09 11:01 PM
    does anyone have the updated svg for the theme stanrc made? i can't seem to find a way to edit it and make it work on the theme i want to make
    11-16-09 11:19 PM
    If you have some sort of graphics program, the way I did it was just edit the default banner and make it transparent, then select that for your banner.
    ah ok i actually just googled "transparent banner" n saved it n used that.. hopefully it works.. will know in a cpl min thank you!!
    11-16-09 11:39 PM
    anyone know where i can get the 9700 icon set to download and play with to make a theme?? i tried looking everywhere on here...im new to the theme making so be kind lol!
    If you download Plazmic Studio you can have access to those icons in the Theme Builder itself.
    11-17-09 09:41 PM
    I just thought that I would take the time to share what I have created using X1 zEdition's theme. HUGE thanks to everyone that has posted here and well as offered help to those of us that are learning! Much appreciated!

I have adjusted the SVG to remove some of the hot spots since I don't use Quicklaunch or whatever the Media Buttons was doing. Now the Media button opens up the Music folder. I have used the Blak Icons as well as created a few of the ones that we missing using the Template included with them and the Default Precision Icons.

I have also added a Landscape home screen. I created an SVG for this (didn't like how the phone ran with both of those) but I removed it and just set static Icons on that screen. I did include the SVG that I used though.

Source:
    os_X1_Blak_Source.zip

Files
    X1 Blak.zip
    11-18-09 12:53 PM
    Looks good, nice job!
    11-18-09 12:59 PM
    looks good
    11-18-09 03:10 PM
    Looks a lot better than what I've managed to cobble together so far *LOL*
    Great work !

Am trying it out on my phone right now.
    11-18-09 03:13 PM
    I just thought that I would take the time to share what I have created using X1 zEdition's theme. HUGE thanks to everyone that has posted here and well as offered help to those of us that are learning! Much appreciated!

I have adjusted the SVG to remove some of the hot spots since I don't use Quicklaunch or whatever the Media Buttons was doing. Now the Media button opens up the Music folder. I have used the Blak Icons as well as created a few of the ones that we missing using the Template included with them and the Default Precision Icons.

I have also added a Landscape home screen. I created an SVG for this (didn't like how the phone ran with both of those) but I removed it and just set static Icons on that screen. I did include the SVG that I used though.

Source:
    os_X1_Blak_Source.zip

Files
    X1 Blak.zip
    Nice addition to the thread...thanks!
    11-18-09 03:17 PM
475 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD