Here is another theme I created using various parts from some of the themes in this post, using some meters and wallpapers I had. The base menu system is the one from the X1 ZEdition source, with the image modified to remove the mail and media text. The file still works the same way it did with hot spots across the top for profiles, media, clok, messages, and connections, in the middle for app list, and the bottom for options, contacts, and quicklaunch, and of course the dual 8 icon docks. I swapped the meters on the front page, changed some fonts/colors, cursors and header backgrounds, and added some other wallpapers for the screens. I have attached Desktop Manager files and a link to the themebuilder files (which also includes my modified image, wallpapers, etc.). Enjoy!

Complete Theme builder files:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Very nice!!! That's the way to do it..make it how you like it! The more you play the more you find you can do.
    10-04-09 05:12 PM
    Just downloaded OpenSource 10 to try my hand at modifying and designing my own themes and got the following error when the svg file gets loaded in composer:

SVG failed to import correctly.
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Users\David\Documents\blackberry\Open Source 10\bottomDock1.2.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined

Anyone know what the problem causing this is?
    I think the error might be missleading. I checked out the theme and it looks like the corresponding images folder that goes with the svg is missing so am guessing that's the problem. I'd suggest for the time being giving one of the other themes a try, at least until Chris who submitted that theme can fix the contents.
    10-04-09 05:15 PM
    Just downloaded OpenSource 10 to try my hand at modifying and designing my own themes and got the following error when the svg file gets loaded in composer:

SVG failed to import correctly.
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Users\David\Documents\blackberry\Open Source 10\bottomDock1.2.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined

Anyone know what the problem causing this is?
    There are 4 "<set/>" elements that don't have a duration in the elements. They don't need them but PTB thinks they might, so it throws an error. If the theme works in the Sim then all is good. This is usually not a problem and it usually only gives the error once.

Zachriel is correct that the images folder is non-existent, so no clock background or dock background will be present in PTB.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 10-04-09 at 05:36 PM.
    10-04-09 05:32 PM
    Jaxjon, there are definitely display problems as the android style tab is missing. Also, there are a whole bunch of the duration not defined messages, I just displayed the first couple. I'll wait until the images folder shows up to play with that theme as Zachriel suggests.

Thanks for the feedback.
    10-04-09 08:54 PM
    Can someone explain the significance of the navigation on the homescreen is??? I'm making changes to the X1_1row file and the music icon at the top won't bring up anything so I'mtrying to figure out how to fix it and I'm assuming the navigation has something to do with it.
    10-04-09 09:23 PM
    Can someone explain the significance of the navigation on the homescreen is??? I'm making changes to the X1_1row file and the music icon at the top won't bring up anything so I'mtrying to figure out how to fix it and I'm assuming the navigation has something to do with it.
    Don't try to fix it, since you are running .230 you have no media icon/app (only a folder possibly). So you would need to redo that icon to something else like I did in the custom for blachance. The link to the OTA is somewhere a few pages back, but here is the zip file with all of the goodies in it. http://home.comcast.net/~jaxjon/x1_4_icon_blachance.zip

Having to redo that icon was rather extensive as I had to edit the images that make up the svg in Photoshop then import them back into Composer, as well as edit the code in the svg. If you want to do your own customization, I can share the Photoshop file that has the image layers in it.
    10-04-09 09:57 PM
    People really should just jump in, download Plazmic and the source files (which are all available either in the first post, or in later posts) and at least make an attempt to make changes themselves. especially when it's things like colors, backgrounds and icons. I can't emphasize enough how easy some of the custom requests people are making are.

Also that is the point of this thread, to develop a community theme that people can help evolve, as well as learn from. By making jaxjon do all the work you're not going to learn anything.

Give jaxjon a bit of a break, he deserves it
    I agree with Zachriel here. Changing colors and fonts is very easy, even I figured it out. I did however realize that I didn't have the time, patience or skills to learn composer and that is why I asked jaxjon to change somethings for me. I did attempt to make the changes first though, very unsucessfully though.
    10-05-09 05:00 AM
    hello.. i am trying to make a theme with one set of icons sliding in from one side and another set of icons sliding in when i tap on a area of my screen. but when i load the theme, i tap on the area and the first slides in. then i tap again to make it disappear and have the second slide but only half the icons appear. then when i tap again to bring the other side to view it doesnt appear. it just hides both sides and wont appear no matter how many times i tap. Can somebody help me out or tell me what im doing wrong with my code?
    10-05-09 12:21 PM
    I am a little stuck on how to make my dock slide in/out. I have a dock with 8 icons that I want to slide on/off the side of the screen. I have made buttons to tap (one for showing the dock, one for hiding the dock), but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to make them slide the dock. I tried using the animation in composer, but all that seems to do is slide my dock onto the screen when the theme is first applied. Not sure what I am missing.
    10-05-09 12:22 PM
    I am a little stuck on how to make my dock slide in/out. I have a dock with 8 icons that I want to slide on/off the side of the screen. I have made buttons to tap (one for showing the dock, one for hiding the dock), but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to make them slide the dock. I tried using the animation in composer, but all that seems to do is slide my dock onto the screen when the theme is first applied. Not sure what I am missing.
    In order to make a dock some of the work has to be done in notepad. You create a layer which contains everything you want in your dock. Export then manually add the code (not many lines) to animate the dock. Have a look at the svg in theme 2, there is also a small readme explaining the code you need to add in the svg folder.
    Last edited by Zachriel; 10-05-09 at 03:02 PM.
    10-05-09 02:58 PM
    hello.. i am trying to make a theme with one set of icons sliding in from one side and another set of icons sliding in when i tap on a area of my screen. but when i load the theme, i tap on the area and the first slides in. then i tap again to make it disappear and have the second slide but only half the icons appear. then when i tap again to bring the other side to view it doesnt appear. it just hides both sides and wont appear no matter how many times i tap. Can somebody help me out or tell me what im doing wrong with my code?
    Have a look at theme 5 as it pretty much does what you're asking. Again this is done using layers and by manually editing the svg, in a similar way to my dock explanation above. Grab theme 5, open the svg and have a look at the code under the line

<!-- End of Code Generated by Plazmic Composer -->
    Last edited by Zachriel; 10-05-09 at 03:04 PM.
    10-05-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks Zachriel, I'll check it out!
    10-05-09 03:26 PM
    Thanks again Zachriel, I figured out how to make it work!
    10-05-09 04:50 PM
    Have a look at theme 5 as it pretty much does what you're asking. Again this is done using layers and by manually editing the svg, in a similar way to my dock explanation above. Grab theme 5, open the svg and have a look at the code under the line

<!-- End of Code Generated by Plazmic Composer -->

I tried it and for some reason i still cant get it to work. Its so frustrating. I dont know what im doing wrong. Can somebody check out my code or svg file
    10-05-09 11:18 PM
    I tried it and for some reason i still cant get it to work. Its so frustrating. I dont know what im doing wrong. Can somebody check out my code or svg file
    send it to me [email protected]
    10-05-09 11:23 PM
    send it to me
    Thank you. I emailed you the files
    10-06-09 12:46 AM
    Additional Theme Screenshots

Looks strikingly similar to some of the themes in this thread huh? 6.99 !
    10-06-09 11:24 AM
    Additional Theme Screenshots

Looks strikingly similar to some of the themes in this thread huh? 6.99 !
    This is Elecite..they are pretty reputable and I don't see them using our stuff for their themes. The stuff they do is really nice.
    10-06-09 11:34 AM
    jaxjon thank you so much for the help with the SVG. It is fully functional and working. Thank you. Great help.
    10-06-09 07:53 PM
    I'm sure this is a simple item, but on a theme with a hidden today and a sliding dock, what do you need to do in composer to hide the today list when the dock slides in?
    10-06-09 07:56 PM
    Is there any way anyone could make a celestial theme? i have only found one and it was on this site from a user but is was really cartoony. I don't have any pics to use. I was just wondering if it could or already has been done. Thanks
    10-06-09 08:01 PM
    jaxjon thank you so much for the help with the SVG. It is fully functional and working. Thank you. Great help.
    You're welcome!
    10-06-09 08:27 PM
    I'm sure this is a simple item, but on a theme with a hidden today and a sliding dock, what do you need to do in composer to hide the today list when the dock slides in?
    Good question, I know it will only go away if you focus on another app like an icon or a hidden area. So if you make a button to bring your dock in maybe you can make the button an app also so when you focus on it it brings in dock and gets rid of Hidden Today and probably will also show the text of the app on the screen as a side effect.
    10-06-09 08:51 PM

That's possible. Maybe that it how it worked in some of the themes i had tried out. Maybe those used a button to bring in the dock rather than just a focus point, I can't remember. Guess I'll have to load a couple and see.
    10-06-09 09:13 PM
    Does anybody know where i can find a free place to host my theme. (OTA)???
    I tried to do it myself but it is very complicated
    10-07-09 01:10 AM
475 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD