Hi there, I frequent this site ALOT, i dont hardly ever post, but i now have a question.
    I just ran across a theme that i absolutely LOVE. This:

Theme 8 (X1 Custom Black) from jaxjon

Does anyone know if this has been updated to the new OS? I am getting the whitebares in landscape......any help would hugely be appreciated.
    I updated it to 5.0. I did not have time to update the folders and new icons for 5.0, but it should not have white lines now at least. Go to same link for theme 8.
    11-24-09 09:08 PM
    well i wasnt sure how everyone was uploading thier files so i just put all the files i used together with the theme files and with an export for DM and OTA into a .rar and put it on megaupload. there is also some more backgrounds in the usedicons folder, in another folder called bbbackgrounds or somthin like that..

also i couldnt get the focus icon to change for portrait to landscape so if someone could fix that please do!

here is the link its kinda a big DL so if maybe the OP or someone could just grab what they need and re-host it or something that would be cool... and as always if you make any changes to it be sure to post them here! credit for the theme goes to of course everyone in this thread, mattahan from deviantart for the gant icons and themeclones for the idea with the original grungy gant theme

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

pics

11-25-09 12:27 PM
    jaxjon or anyone else...can someone tell me why some of my hotspots, when you touch them, cause my hidden today to go away, but others even though you touch them the calendar entries still stay on the screen? I would like to not have any of the hotspots cause the hidden today to go away.
    12-02-09 07:53 PM
    jaxjon or anyone else...can someone tell me why some of my hotspots, when you touch them, cause my hidden today to go away, but others even though you touch them the calendar entries still stay on the screen? I would like to not have any of the hotspots cause the hidden today to go away.
    Pretty much anything that you focus in on except the new clock and manage connections buttons built into 5.0 are going to hide the today area if you build a hidden today theme, that is inherent in the OS software.
    12-02-09 10:11 PM
    Hi, Can some one help me to make an svg file only for 2 rows of icon & 8 icons in a row for Blackberry 9700 Bold Onyx. The icons sets hopefully can be customized according to applications order of the BlackBerry.
    Thanks.

Appreciate it.
    12-02-09 11:59 PM
    Hello All, I just had a quick question. Maybe its already been answered. In theme builder, what do i need to do to getb the hidden dock to hide?? im using jlawerr's My hero source files. (BTW Thank you All Very muuch for all these files) i think i have everything down except the hidden dock thing. I have made icons, folders, Banner meters, and just about everything.. Any help is greatly appreciated.. i will post the theme as soon as i get this part done....
    12-03-09 07:55 AM
    Hello All, I just had a quick question. Maybe its already been answered. In theme builder, what do i need to do to getb the hidden dock to hide?? im using jlawerr's My hero source files. (BTW Thank you All Very muuch for all these files) i think i have everything down except the hidden dock thing. I have made icons, folders, Banner meters, and just about everything.. Any help is greatly appreciated.. i will post the theme as soon as i get this part done....
    jaxjon has given an explanation around post 300 I believe. This is how I found out.
    12-03-09 08:25 AM
    Pretty much anything that you focus in on except the new clock and manage connections buttons built into 5.0 are going to hide the today area if you build a hidden today theme, that is inherent in the OS software.
    Yep great answer, these are exactly the two hotspots which do not hide my today. I wish it wasn't so inconsistent.
    12-03-09 08:25 AM
    Has anyone by chance taken Theme#4 from stanrc and made it 5.0 compatible? I apologize if this is a redundant question, but i havent seen it anywhere...and i have looked around a bit.
    12-05-09 09:05 PM
    This is the best thead on CB! Been trying my hand plasmic and gettin nowhere. I did a small mod to stanrc theme 4 using theme builder 5.0. Will add pic when I get access to a pc. All minor stuff to make it to my liking. Its now 5.0 compatible but dock it messed up. It still comes up and down but the margins are gone. It still looks pretty good an runs lightning fast.
    Thanx agen guys. When I post pics anyone with a fix for the dock jus lemmi know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 12:12 AM
    i have uploaded the files need for DM install for this theme over in this thread if anyone wants to install it without downloading all the themebuilder files.

EDIT: and also have OTA links up now
    Last edited by skinny2; 12-08-09 at 04:54 PM.
    12-08-09 11:35 AM
    Yep great answer, these are exactly the two hotspots which do not hide my today. I wish it wasn't so inconsistent.
    I have found that if you put a button in Composer for the Clock and Connections, and then render your homescreen over the banner, it addresses the problem you had with these two area not hiding the today area because your hidden buttons are then over the default ones. This won't work for every theme you create, because in some instances you will not want to render the homescreen over the banner (I have at least one that i remember where I did not want this), but it will work for the ones that don't matter whether you render it over.
    12-08-09 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the help rob.

Since you guys have been so helpful so far...if I want to simply remove the box around the stock zen icons on the homescreen...do I need to edit the icon in GIMP or is there a setting in Theme Builder? If the answer is "edit the icon", how do I get the source default zen icon set?
    12-08-09 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the help rob.

Since you guys have been so helpful so far...if I want to simply remove the box around the stock zen icons on the homescreen...do I need to edit the icon in GIMP or is there a setting in Theme Builder? If the answer is "edit the icon", how do I get the source default zen icon set?
    If you are talking about the focus icon/underlay, just edit it in some graphics program (gimp should work) to be transparent, and then select that for your icon. The easiest way to edit it is this (so you don't have to search for the image):

In Themebuilder, go to files-preferences-applications, and set the default image editor to the program you want to use (gimp if that is your choice).

Then in themebuilder, go to where the image is that you want to edit, click the text beside the image, and clik edit. The image should open up in the program you set as your image editor. Then you can edit, save the image to a location of your choosing, go back to themebuilder, click on the image, and then select your image as the one to use.

If it is just the focus icon/underlay, just edit that, not the icons themselves.

Hope this helps, if that is not what you were talking about, let me know!!
    12-08-09 02:20 PM
    If you are talking about the focus icon/underlay, just edit it in some graphics program (gimp should work) to be transparent, and then select that for your icon. The easiest way to edit it is this (so you don't have to search for the image):

In Themebuilder, go to files-preferences-applications, and set the default image editor to the program you want to use (gimp if that is your choice).

Then in themebuilder, go to where the image is that you want to edit, click the text beside the image, and clik edit. The image should open up in the program you set as your image editor. Then you can edit, save the image to a location of your choosing, go back to themebuilder, click on the image, and then select your image as the one to use.

If it is just the focus icon/underlay, just edit that, not the icons themselves.

Hope this helps, if that is not what you were talking about, let me know!!
    Ok this is kind of what I thought but I am not able to open any icons from Theme Builder in ANY image editor, so maybe I have a different problem. I have tried to click "edit" before on the icons, but GIMP gives me a permission denied error. Is there a way to find the path to this icon on my computer?
    12-08-09 02:38 PM
    Ok this is kind of what I thought but I am not able to open any icons from Theme Builder in ANY image editor, so maybe I have a different problem. I have tried to click "edit" before on the icons, but GIMP gives me a permission denied error. Is there a way to find the path to this icon on my computer?
    This should be the path to all the default images:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Theme Studio 5.0\samples\Themes\Images\Precision360x480
    12-08-09 03:04 PM
    I've tried a couple of these and liked.

Do any of the ones in this thread allow more than eight icons to be displayed on the homescreen? I might have missed it skimming through the 28 pages.
    12-12-09 10:25 PM
    Most themes should be in the first 2 posts. I think there is at least 2 that have more than 8.

12-13-09 06:40 AM
    Jaxjon thanks for posting you files for your themes! I am having fun and learning a lot from them. I was wondering if you would be willing to post the files for the new berryweather themes you just made.

12-20-09 08:04 PM
    Jaxjon thanks for posting you files for your themes! I am having fun and learning a lot from them. I was wondering if you would be willing to post the files for the new berryweather themes you just made.

Negative, keeing that to myself.
    12-21-09 09:26 AM
    Thanks Jaxjon. I understand. I'm using your android theme and it is awesome! You make the best themes!

12-21-09 02:35 PM
    hi guys. I am making my 2nd theme with sliding dock, but i have a problem.

I have set up all the icons on composer with "use device application order" but the result, all the 10 icons are showing only the first order. Please help.
    Last edited by hyne; 12-22-09 at 11:13 AM.
    12-22-09 08:31 AM
    Jax

I have opened an account on awardspace.com but can not seem to figure out what to do now to upload my files and create and OTA link for my themes
    12-22-09 11:29 PM
    Here is my first attempt at a BB theme. Thanks for all the resources in this list. I had my son, Zach, create some nice graphics for the home screen. And I created a whole new set of icons. You can find everything at Zach's web site at http://alphapyro.com/bbtheme/x1b5.kb3.zip
    12-23-09 06:38 AM
    Any chance of getting the source files for this one? I looks like it's got most of the criteria I've been looking for!

Thanks!
    12-23-09 09:36 AM
475 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD