Cheers jalaw and jlawler4 for your help and theme update. Great to have others involved answering questions and keeping new theme updates rolling. I'm in a similar situation to jaxjon right now and and can't be on here as much as I might like so your help really is appreciated.
    Not a problem. Happy to help when i can.
    11-21-09 05:26 PM
    Here is the link to the source code for jlawler4's update of csalem77's myhero theme. I will get the second post updated with the latest themes in the a.m.
    http://mobihome.awardspace.com/MyHer...DockSource.zip
    11-21-09 06:38 PM
    Post #2 has been updated with the latest themes/files.
    11-22-09 08:11 AM
    edit: found free .jad hosting:

OTA AVAILABLE: http://jlawler4.t35.com/MyHero_Slidi...lidingdock.jad

Can you please update the 2nd post again?
    Last edited by jlawler4; 11-22-09 at 09:47 AM.
    11-22-09 09:14 AM

Done, Thanks!!
    11-22-09 09:56 AM
    i have created a theme, but not sure how/where you guy are uploading all the files etc...

also i had a few questions about the themebuilder program like how can i get my freaking focus icon to not get stretched out or thing depending on orientation?! i dont have them linked and have 2 seperate focus icons but for some reason it still stretches the one in landscape??? also how can i change the 2 stationary icons on the homescreen?? thanks in advance.

here are some screens, if someone can help me get the files hosted that would be cool

11-23-09 02:24 AM
    That looks nice skinny. Well done.
    Will definatly yet this out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 02:53 AM
    i have created a theme, but not sure how/where you guy are uploading all the files etc...

also i had a few questions about the themebuilder program like how can i get my freaking focus icon to not get stretched out or thing depending on orientation?! i dont have them linked and have 2 seperate focus icons but for some reason it still stretches the one in landscape??? also how can i change the 2 stationary icons on the homescreen?? thanks in advance.

here are some screens, if someone can help me get the files hosted that would be cool
    Focus icon: Make a copy of the portrait focus icon and then change the canvas size to 120x96. Make sure you keep your icon locked to the top-middle of the canvas before resizing.

Stationary icons: The 2 on there now are done in svg as slot8 and slot9 so anything in the 9th and 10th place in your app screen will show up there (slots start at 0 not 1). If you want there to be text under them, you need to remove them either from the svg in notepad, which is tedious or go back to the cp file and remove them in composer and export the svg and add your dock functioning again. Then make 2 Zen icons in Theme Builder which will be slots 0 and 1 and you will have to reorder your dock icons to start at 2 and go to 9 in notepad manually.
    11-23-09 08:03 AM
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks guys. This is jlawlers sliding dock.
    11-23-09 10:57 AM
    Focus icon: Make a copy of the portrait focus icon and then change the canvas size to 120x96. Make sure you keep your icon locked to the top-middle of the canvas before resizing.

Stationary icons: The 2 on there now are done in svg as slot8 and slot9 so anything in the 9th and 10th place in your app screen will show up there (slots start at 0 not 1). If you want there to be text under them, you need to remove them either from the svg in notepad, which is tedious or go back to the cp file and remove them in composer and export the svg and add your dock functioning again. Then make 2 Zen icons in Theme Builder which will be slots 0 and 1 and you will have to reorder your dock icons to start at 2 and go to 9 in notepad manually.
    thanks for the help. i just found the composer file so i think i can figure out how to change or remove those 2 static icons. as far as focus icon, i already have 2 different icons, 1 is 120x96 and the other is 90x96.. on the themebuilder program it shows the correct focus icon in landscape but when i put it on the phone the focus icon sticks out much wider than the regular icons compared to the themebuilder picture. i am going to mess with it for awhile today and see if i can figure it out.

edit: i just tried it with 2 completely different pictures for landscape and portrait focus icons and in landscape its still showing the portrait focus icon stretched out. i tried with and without homescreen enabled on landscape and also cleared out all old themes and did a battery pull and its still showing my portrait focus icon in landscape
    Last edited by skinny2; 11-23-09 at 12:42 PM.
    11-23-09 11:08 AM
    It may just be a problem with my installation, but I have noticed that for the focus icon on the app screen, it won't let me have a different one for landscape and portrait, it seems to use the same one for both, even when I unlock the landscape/portrait setting. Has anyone else noticed this?
    11-23-09 11:36 AM
    jlawler - Great theme but a couple suggestions/requests.

• When the dock is minimized and you click on the tab to maximize the dock, you are also able to click the icon that is just below the tab.
    • When the doc is minimized and you click on the two icons next to the clock, the words appear on top of the tab to maximize the dock making it so you can't read it.
    • Can you make the slots next to the clock usable with weather applications? Right now, the temp doesn't appear below the icon, but rather at the bottom of the screen.

Great work!

11-23-09 12:15 PM
    This was a great idea. I will have to check some of this out. Thanks
    11-23-09 01:20 PM
    limjelo - thanks for the feedback. I have fixed 2/3 things. The only way I can keep the text from appearing on top of the dock tab is to move the tab, move the text, or delete the text, which means when you touch a dock icon no text will appear...not sure what I want to do about that yet. But thanks again to the brilliant jaxjon - I've kept the text for the WB icons. I made 'em bouncy too just like we all like I also just made the dock slide down a little further to keep you from clicking icons while it's down.

OTA for v2 is the same: http://jlawler4.t35.com/MyHero_Slidi...lidingdock.jad
    Last edited by jlawler4; 11-23-09 at 07:43 PM.
    11-23-09 07:25 PM
    It may just be a problem with my installation, but I have noticed that for the focus icon on the app screen, it won't let me have a different one for landscape and portrait, it seems to use the same one for both, even when I unlock the landscape/portrait setting. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Mine (Plazmic Theme Builder) seems to separate them out ok. Maybe yours has a bug or something. The move icon has always been that way though and still is.
    11-23-09 10:51 PM
    Hi there, I frequent this site ALOT, i dont hardly ever post, but i now have a question.
    I just ran across a theme that i absolutely LOVE. This:

Theme 8 (X1 Custom Black) from jaxjon

Does anyone know if this has been updated to the new OS? I am getting the whitebares in landscape......any help would hugely be appreciated.
    11-23-09 11:12 PM
    man, dont you hate those guys that post random questions on the forums without doing any research??? lol.. Sorry, found the answer to my question.
    11-24-09 12:12 AM
    Mine (Plazmic Theme Builder) seems to separate them out ok. Maybe yours has a bug or something. The move icon has always been that way though and still is.
    You are right, I misspoke, it is the move icon that is the problem.
    11-24-09 12:23 AM
    Its coming along great but I notice 2 graphical errors
    1 when tapping battery to pull up profiles the volume icon pops up behind the battery dosent hamper functionality but would be better if it didn't happen

2 when tap selecting the calendar via date on home screen the calendar pops up behind the date also once these are fixed I would say this is the perfect theme

11-24-09 12:31 AM
    Actually one other request, a hidden touch spot directly at the top where message indicators appear that leads to messages� I would he the happiest person in BB land if this happens

11-24-09 12:33 AM
    Actually one other request, a hidden touch spot directly at the top where message indicators appear that leads to messages… I would he the happiest person in BB land if this happens

I can probably do this...I don't understand what you mean by the calendar issue however. maybe you can show a screen shot? And yes the battery icon selection, I still need to research what's going on there. Also the theme has been broken out into it's own thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fr...k-added-371343

edit: OHHHHH I finally see it now! That is a skewed calendar icon, not a cool focus graphic! lol I never noticed that. I think I can fix all this stuff.
    Last edited by jlawler4; 11-24-09 at 07:45 AM.
    11-24-09 07:34 AM
    limjelo - thanks for the feedback. I have fixed 2/3 things. The only way I can keep the text from appearing on top of the dock tab is to move the tab, move the text, or delete the text, which means when you touch a dock icon no text will appear...not sure what I want to do about that yet. But thanks again to the brilliant jaxjon - I've kept the text for the WB icons. I made 'em bouncy too just like we all like I also just made the dock slide down a little further to keep you from clicking icons while it's down.

OTA for v2 is the same: http://jlawler4.t35.com/MyHero_Slidi...lidingdock.jad
    You the man. Just saw you're other thread so I'll give it a shot and report back in there.
    11-24-09 10:02 AM
    Ok, I know how to make the button to use for weatherbug, but here is my question. What makes a theme a weatherbug theme different from a regular theme? Some themes I can see an icon for weatherbug on the applications and some you can't. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you get weatherbug to show up in the app screen when you push the blackberry button? What do I have to change to make a non weatherbug theme into a weatherbug theme?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    11-24-09 07:39 PM
    Latest Source Files for jlawler4's theme has been posted to the second post.
    Source Files - No Weatherbug
    11-24-09 08:44 PM
    Ok, I know how to make the button to use for weatherbug, but here is my question. What makes a theme a weatherbug theme different from a regular theme? Some themes I can see an icon for weatherbug on the applications and some you can't. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you get weatherbug to show up in the app screen when you push the blackberry button? What do I have to change to make a non weatherbug theme into a weatherbug theme?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    The main thing, after you make the Zen icon for it is to download Weatherbug program or similar (BBweather, BerryWeather etc.) and then move the app to the first spot in the app screen (usually that is used for the Zen icon, unless you have multiple Zen icons, then it may be a different spot). Use Zen icons, not svg theme buttons (they have no text underneath them).
    11-24-09 08:52 PM
475 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD