D
    jaxjon,

You did respond to the post when I asked the question before. I know that not everyone knows everything, that's why we have the forums. I posted the "fix" in here because you guys have been very helpful and I wanted to return the favor.
    Rob,
    I apologize for my previous post sounding snarky. My memory is not what it used to be and I should have checked the earlier post to understand yours better. Please forgive my mistake.
    Jon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:02 PM
    for some reason...I didn't get that before...weird...anyway...I am trying to use the slide out dock in theme 2 to build my theme around...but I'd like to have it drop from the top with only 4 icons and have a button for Quicklaunch and a weatherbug slot...I am having trouble moving it to the top to drop down..any tips?

cheers,

~dd
    When rereading...it's sounds confusing..lol...basically I want to have a dock with a tab drop from the top when the tap is pushed with 4 icons (application order theme buttons)...then near the bottom...a direct to quicklaunch button and a direct to weatherbug spot...(this could also be an application order spot)....does that help clarify my original post?...sorry for the confusion that my orig may have caused....

ps..thanks again for the tips and tricks!

~dd
    11-06-09 02:07 PM
    When rereading...it's sounds confusing..lol...basically I want to have a dock with a tab drop from the top when the tap is pushed with 4 icons (application order theme buttons)...then near the bottom...a direct to quicklaunch button and a direct to weatherbug spot...(this could also be an application order spot)....does that help clarify my original post?...sorry for the confusion that my orig may have caused....

ps..thanks again for the tips and tricks!

~dd
    Dock - You need to create a new layer and call it something unique ("buttons" is the usual) Then you want to import your dock image with tab and set that so it is where your icons will be looking like your dock is open.then you need to set your theme buttons inside the dock where you want them to be when they are fully showing. Then create 2 rectangles where your tab is (make sure the fill and border are No Color and one is directly on top of the other), right click in Objects pane and convert each to button (name them up_button and down_button for example). Then for each button/rectangle go to inspector and click focusin (additional events)then tell it to show the other button/rectangle and hide the current button/rectangle. This will make it so you can click the same area and have it switch between the 2 buttons after each focus. Once you have this done, export to svg and the manually add code to the bottom of the svg to move your dock.

Here is some sample code that would do what you want (the amount of move will need to be edited and your button and layer names would have to be edited also to match your naming for your theme:

Code:
    	<animateTransform xlink:href="#buttons" id="_anim_S1"
    		attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    		to="0,-50" dur="0.5s"  
    		fill="freeze"
    		begin="up_button.focusin"	/>

<animateTransform xlink:href="#buttons" id="_anim_S2"
    		attributeName="transform" type="translate"
    		to="0,0" dur="0.5s"  
    		fill="freeze"
    		begin="down_button.focusin"	/>
    You would want your dock to move up to where you have the tab just sticking out of the top edge so you can click it (down_button) to move the dock down. The width of your dock minus the tab portion would be what you want it to move(-50?) assuming your dock is flush with the top edge of the screen.

As far as making a weather bug icon, do that in theme builder by making a Zen icon and setting it to Device app order, your weatherbug app will have to be in the first position in your app screen.

Quicklaunch button is done in composer in a separate layer from what you did with the dock (you don't want it to move). Create a theme button and set the focusin (additional events) to launch application (last button on right) and click Third Party Application and enter "QuickLaunch" in the text box next to it without quotes and spelled and cased just like that.

I hope this helps you out and does not confuse you as it is a lot of steps and it is hard to try to walk through all of them without messing up somewhere, but it should get you moving in the right direction.
    11-06-09 05:17 PM
    wow jaxjon!..that is some write up...thanks for the info...no one has ever taken the time to answer a question like that so in depth..so for all the theme builders just learning....i thank you!!!

Ill post my findings when done....

Thanks again!!

Cheers,

~dd
    11-07-09 08:54 PM
    wow jaxjon!..that is some write up...thanks for the info...no one has ever taken the time to answer a question like that so in depth..so for all the theme builders just learning....i thank you!!!

Thanks again!!

Cheers,

~dd
    You're welcome!
    11-07-09 09:28 PM
    Saw that there is a new theme builder (Studio) available. I will not be able to download/install until tonight but it sounds like it should be pretty cool with some awesome additions for themes.

Press Release: Open GL ES Support, Java GUI Builder and Theme Studio to Help BB Developers Generate Dynamic User Experiences | CrackBerry.com
    11-09-09 02:19 PM

Thanks again!!

Cheers,

~dd
    Don't you just love him!
    11-09-09 02:51 PM
    Very cool thread! I have been away from the theme world having made the theme that I like and have just been waiting to be able to make a new theme for my Storm 2. Now that the new Theme Builder app is out perhaps we can keep this going with some 5.0 themes. There are lots of new goodies to explore!

-Greg
    11-09-09 04:05 PM
    I need to get in on this... I have so much stuff to offer up. I just got a Storm 2, I was playing around with WM6.5 for a bit. But I missed my berry. I'll see if I can make some of my stuff available.
    Brandon
    11-09-09 09:53 PM
    I rebuilt x1_custom_black - the one row version - with the new theme builder and there are a few issues with the preset buttons at the top:

1) Media button at top does not work. It does highlight though.
    2) Calender button at top does not work or highlight.

Also - I am finding that the spacing on the today screen sucks with this version. It is almost double spaced! Anyone figure out how to make the font smaller and end up being able to fit more lines of text in the same space? Currently I just end up with the same number of lines with a smaller font .

-Greg
    Last edited by Greg G; 11-10-09 at 11:11 PM.
    11-10-09 10:54 PM
    I have been trying to play with the x1_custom_black in the new theme builder and am completely lost.

I am trying to modify some of the buttons in Composer but everytime I export the svg I am getting the following error:
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    x1_with_light_mail_on_bottom_WB_MB_1_row.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Unable to Retrieve duration tag for animation

It lists the same error at least 50 times.

Any idea what would be causing this or what I am doing wrong? I have no clue I am just trying to learn this and play around a little.
    11-12-09 11:57 PM
    this is great - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-13-09 12:12 AM
    I'm getting white bars with #4 (love the theme btw) so going to give a crack at it in builder, tho i am pretty sloow with stuff like this, any chance on updates?
    11-13-09 09:22 AM
    I have been trying to play with the x1_custom_black in the new theme builder and am completely lost.

I am trying to modify some of the buttons in Composer but everytime I export the svg I am getting the following error:
    x1_with_light_mail_on_bottom_WB_MB_1_row.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Unable to Retrieve duration tag for animation

It lists the same error at least 50 times.

Any idea what would be causing this or what I am doing wrong? I have no clue I am just trying to learn this and play around a little.
    This is a normal error and should not affect the theme. You can ignore it.
    11-13-09 09:41 AM
    I'm getting white bars with #4 (love the theme btw) so going to give a crack at it in builder, tho i am pretty sloow with stuff like this, any chance on updates?
    If you open the theme in the new Plazmic Studio, it will ask you if you want to upgrade the theme. You just have to save it and that will get rid of the lines.
    11-13-09 09:47 AM
    If you open the theme in the new Plazmic Studio, it will ask you if you want to upgrade the theme. You just have to save it and that will get rid of the lines.
    ok i'm doing that now, but the svg bottom dock wont load or somethin.. i get this message:

SVG failed to import correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Users\Gyro\Desktop\BB Stuff\bottomDock3 2.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    *abotu 20 more "Duration..." messages
    I also get a grey bar across the homescreen image

also what do i do once i finish it cuz want to share it if it works, do i just attach it as a zip probably?
    11-13-09 12:42 PM
    ok i'm doing that now, but the svg bottom dock wont load or somethin.. i get this message:

I also get a grey bar across the homescreen image

also what do i do once i finish it cuz want to share it if it works, do i just attach it as a zip probably?
    1. The duration error you can ignore, the svg should work fine.

2. The gray bar may be the icon bar if it has one, you will find out when you run it.

3. You need to export it for Web (OTA). Set it to send the files (1 jad file and numerous cod files) to a folder which you can then upload to a web host and put a link up to the jad file in this thread or make your own thread. You can change the name of the jad file to make it easier to navigate to on the web.

I hope this helps.
    11-13-09 01:02 PM
    ok then im not gettin somethin else, the little blackberry button that pulls the menu up n down on the home screen isnt showin up... it still moves, theres just no image to note specifically where to click

almost done with it... i think just a basic carbon fiber background, some transitions, etc

thanks for all your help so far!

edit: is it post 303 with those instructions? if so.... i have no clue how to do all that haha
    Last edited by GreekElite; 11-13-09 at 02:22 PM.
    11-13-09 02:01 PM
    ok then im not gettin somethin else, the little blackberry button that pulls the menu up n down on the home screen isnt showin up... it still moves, theres just no image to note specifically where to click

almost done with it... i think just a basic carbon fiber background, some transitions, etc

thanks for all your help so far!

edit: is it post 303 with those instructions? if so.... i have no clue how to do all that haha
    You need to import the image that has the BB button on it into composer and into the layer (if you have created the layer with the GUI and not progrmatically) containing the icons for your dock. If you follow post 303 it will help you maybe.

Watch the transition on the Menu List. Set it to none as they don't work properly.

Here are a couple carbon fibers for you.
    11-13-09 03:46 PM
    This is a normal error and should not affect the theme. You can ignore it.
    Awesome, I will check this out and make sure everything is still working ok even with these errors.

Thank you!
    11-13-09 03:59 PM
    Here is a link to the theme I made using these open source files- http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/new...0-free-363209/

11-13-09 07:43 PM
    Here is a link to the theme I made using these open source files- http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/new...0-free-363209/

I added this theme to the second post in the thread....#12

Source file will be added shortly.

Jon
    11-14-09 09:53 PM
    I also wanted to be one to just say thank you! You guys make really awesome themes and I am grateful for your hard work and for keeping if free. I am waaay too chicken to even think about playing around with this stuff and I will also be one to leave it to the pros. I hope you truly understand how much you are appreciated. Also, does anyone have the original x1 wallpaper?
    11-14-09 10:15 PM
    I also wanted to be one to just say thank you! You guys make really awesome themes and I am grateful for your hard work and for keeping if free. I am waaay too chicken to even think about playing around with this stuff and I will also be one to leave it to the pros. I hope you truly understand how much you are appreciated. Also, does anyone have the original x1 wallpaper?
    I think this is the one I originally used.
    Also can be found here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/x1...37/index8.html
    11-14-09 10:23 PM
    Thanks jaxjon, once again...YOU ROCK! And BTW-There are so many rockin themes in this thread now I don't know how to choose which one to use. You are all doing great work, keep it up!
    Last edited by Tawnia Homar; 11-14-09 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typos,ugh!
    11-14-09 10:38 PM
475 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD