thanks again zachriel...lol All credit is due to the open source content and zach and jax for their help...tell me what you think....
    Last edited by vanilla_guerilla; 10-14-09 at 11:36 PM. Reason: to subscribe to the thread
    10-14-09 11:31 PM
    Those look great!
    10-15-09 08:48 AM
    Is there ant ota for vanilla_guerilla's theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 10:31 AM
    Is there ant ota for vanilla_guerilla's theme?

as soon as I can figure out how to set up the ota hosting, there will be...but it will be late tonight after I get off of work or tomorrow before I'll have time to get it set up. I will post the links when I have them
    10-15-09 11:07 AM
    Nice looking themes vanilla_guerilla. Hopefully soon I will have a couple to share as well.
    10-15-09 02:01 PM
    puter had a meltdown last night, so I lost my theme files...Im working on putting them back together, but its gonna take a couple of days...I'll post links as I have them
    10-16-09 05:38 PM
    puter had a meltdown last night, so I lost my theme files...Im working on putting them back together, but its gonna take a couple of days...I'll post links as I have them
    Thats too bad, they were a good mash-up of the some previous themes with some of your own influence added. I hope you can duplicate your efforts without too much trouble. At least you're getting a lot of practice.
    10-16-09 08:12 PM
    I have most of it put back together...yay...lol I had backed up all of the icon packs, wallpapers and theme files I had downloaded, so it has made it easier to get accomplished. And I have been trying out building an svg with hidden dock icons...apps, manage connections and may have gotten one to actually work...lol. Jax, you put something up a few pages back about ota hosting...is there a different process for a jad, or should I just join rapidshare or something?
    10-16-09 11:26 PM
    This theme, I call seduction...built it for my girl, but because part of it is from the open source files, I want to make it available to anyone that wants it. I only have an .alx file ready right now, so if you want it , please pm me with an email address and I will forward the file...hopefully there will be an ota version soon! Hidden dock, top left corner sounds, top right manage connections, inside the pink oval is a link to the clock and click on the date for the calendar, with apps menu in the center of the screen...hopefully that all made sense

Update: Here are the source files and alx and jad files for the seduction theme...still working on the ota

[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/294475088/Seduction.zip.html"]
    Last edited by vanilla_guerilla; 10-17-09 at 11:08 PM.
    10-17-09 05:10 AM
    I have most of it put back together...yay...lol I had backed up all of the icon packs, wallpapers and theme files I had downloaded, so it has made it easier to get accomplished. And I have been trying out building an svg with hidden dock icons...apps, manage connections and may have gotten one to actually work...lol. Jax, you put something up a few pages back about ota hosting...is there a different process for a jad, or should I just join rapidshare or something?
    I use Awardspace.com as my hosting site. They have a free plan that you can use. I've never use Rapidshare so I can't comment on that. If you decide to use Awardspace and need help let me know.

10-17-09 07:26 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for allowing us amateurs to use your souce files. I have been doing some things with your X1 Black with the WB. I can't begin to image how you folks come up with these themes!

Anyway, I have put togeter a rendition of this theme, but I don't know how to change the font color in the sounds profile menu. It is now black and doesn't show up. What I did was to change the menu background to a dark blue, but still the font is black. Am I stuck with the dark font?

Also, when I unlock my phone, I don't see the asterix or letters when I type in the password. Is there a place to change the font on this?

If I get this working right, it's just for our phone - not looking to become a theme maker.

BTW - Does anyone know if these themes will work with Storm 2?

Thank you.
    Last edited by marknereen; 10-22-09 at 10:18 AM.
    10-22-09 10:15 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for allowing us amateurs to use your souce files. I have been doing some things with your X1 Black with the WB. I can't begin to image how you folks come up with these themes!

Anyway, I have put togeter a rendition of this theme, but I don't know how to change the font color in the sounds profile menu. It is now black and doesn't show up. What I did was to change the menu background to a dark blue, but still the font is black. Am I stuck with the dark font?

Also, when I unlock my phone, I don't see the asterix or letters when I type in the password. Is there a place to change the font on this?

If I get this working right, it's just for our phone - not looking to become a theme maker.

BTW - Does anyone know if these themes will work with Storm 2?

Thank you.
    I have run into this problem before, but can't remember how I fixed it. Try setting the fonts back to default by clicking the name "Font" in front of the section you want to change and select "Reset to Default".

Did you change to font to a black font on purpose or did it happen some other way?

Check the last tab in Theme Builder and set Application Background and font back to default and see if that helps. A lot of this is trial and error, which is probably why I don't remember as I have had a lot of trial and error.

The Storm 2 runs 5.0 OS so theoretically it should run themes that run on S1 5.0 OS. I guess we will see soon. We should get a Plazmic update soon also I hope.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 10-22-09 at 07:08 PM.
    10-22-09 07:03 PM
    With the new .328 OS, I have noticed a problem when theming the buttons in the dialog box where I get a vertical line at the end of the text on the highlight button (a line sort of like the cursor on the titlebar). It doesn't do this if you leave the button as default, but if you change it to something else it does. I have tried just recoloring the default button and it still does this. The only way it seems to be OK is leaving it as default. Has anyone else seen this, or know of how to fix it?
    10-29-09 11:48 AM
    With the new .328 OS, I have noticed a problem when theming the buttons in the dialog box where I get a vertical line at the end of the text on the highlight button (a line sort of like the cursor on the titlebar). It doesn't do this if you leave the button as default, but if you change it to something else it does. I have tried just recoloring the default button and it still does this. The only way it seems to be OK is leaving it as default. Has anyone else seen this, or know of how to fix it?
    I have had this in 5.0.0.230 also but only shows up on small vertical height buttons. Go to app screen/bb button/options....do the top 2 buttons have the line, mine don't. I wonder if it is something to do with the font, did you use the default font?

Seems like just another 5.0 screw up we are waiting for Plazmic update to fix.

I for one am not going to make any more themes until Plazmic is updated to support the 5.0 OS. I have too many already that are going to need updating.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 10-29-09 at 05:53 PM.
    10-29-09 05:49 PM
    Actually, while I was hooking up to show you a screenshot, I noticed that the line goes away if you tilt to landscape mode (or portrait if you were in landscape) and looks normal after that. It appears that the line is only there initially, then corrects itself after rotating to another view, so I guess it is definitely a bug.
    10-29-09 09:22 PM
    jax...i'm having the white bars problem in landscape view..I turned the fix option/layout without success. this is the first time it wouldn't correct the problem. could it be because of my own background pix i installed within the theme? thanks

Nevermind. I fixed the problem by setting a wallpaper in main screen.
    Last edited by fishhuh; 10-30-09 at 08:13 PM.
    10-30-09 12:55 PM
    Theme 2 from Zachriel II

10-31-09 10:31 AM
    Hey ..this is great for a noob like myself trying to start out with themes....so thanks for that!...

2ndly...I tryed downloading the source files for theme 2 and it says i have to be a premium member to do so....can someone reupload them?

Thanks again for your help!!

cheers,

~dd
    11-05-09 02:36 PM
    Hey ..this is great for a noob like myself trying to start out with themes....so thanks for that!...

2ndly...I tryed downloading the source files for theme 2 and it says i have to be a premium member to do so....can someone reupload them?

Thanks again for your help!!

cheers,

~dd
    Did you click under the speedometer where is says free user? It worked for me, just have to wait a bit for download to start.
    11-05-09 06:39 PM
    for some reason...I didn't get that before...weird...anyway...I am trying to use the slide out dock in theme 2 to build my theme around...but I'd like to have it drop from the top with only 4 icons and have a button for Quicklaunch and a weatherbug slot...I am having trouble moving it to the top to drop down..any tips?

cheers,

~dd
    11-05-09 09:21 PM
    jaxjon and Zachriel,

Earlier in this thread I had posed a question about how to hide the hidden today area when you slide a dock onto the screen. Thanks to a post by someone else in this forum, I was able to figure out an easy way to do this. As noted in the other thread, the activation app doesn't do anything, so after trying the suggestion in the thread (which didn't quite work), I played with it a little, and found that all I had to was the following:

Using a basic slide in dock as an example, if you go to the button that you use to show the dock, just add a "launch app activation" command to the focus in for the dock button, and voila, today area hides itself again and the dock comes in. Tested on simulator version .148, and on my phone, version .328.

Hopes this helps everyone out, because I have been trying to figure this out for awhile myself!
    11-05-09 10:03 PM
    Sorry I did not answer your post but I did not know the answer to your question, until I saw the question asked by kd in the thread you mention. He is one of the better and more experienced theme makers and he did not know the answer. I know a good bit but don't know everything or are able to answer every question.

11-06-09 04:08 AM
    Good to know, I had a similar problem. Maybe I can finally go back and make my Hybrid 16 icon dual dock hidden today

jaxjon and Zachriel,

Earlier in this thread I had posed a question about how to hide the hidden today area when you slide a dock onto the screen. Thanks to a post by someone else in this forum, I was able to figure out an easy way to do this. As noted in the other thread, the activation app doesn't do anything, so after trying the suggestion in the thread (which didn't quite work), I played with it a little, and found that all I had to was the following:

Using a basic slide in dock as an example, if you go to the button that you use to show the dock, just add a "launch app activation" command to the focus in for the dock button, and voila, today area hides itself again and the dock comes in. Tested on simulator version .148, and on my phone, version .328.

Hopes this helps everyone out, because I have been trying to figure this out for awhile myself!
    11-06-09 06:50 AM
    for some reason...I didn't get that before...weird...anyway...I am trying to use the slide out dock in theme 2 to build my theme around...but I'd like to have it drop from the top with only 4 icons and have a button for Quicklaunch and a weatherbug slot...I am having trouble moving it to the top to drop down..any tips?

cheers,

~dd
    You kind of need to work backwards. So in Composer you position your icons where you want them to end up, then work out how many pixels you need to move the dock in order to hide it and manually add these values to the svg exported from composer. I included a text file with theme 2 in with the svg which explains the code for the dock, take a look at that and hopefully things will become a little clearer.
    11-06-09 06:54 AM
    jaxjon,

You did respond to the post when I asked the question before. I know that not everyone knows everything, that's why we have the forums. I posted the "fix" in here because you guys have been very helpful and I wanted to return the favor.
    11-06-09 09:06 AM
475 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD