Just updated the first post with the latest themes. I also got sent a theme the other day that I'll look at getting up as soon as I get time (may not be till the weekend though)
    Last edited by Zachriel; 09-29-09 at 06:36 AM.
    09-29-09 06:27 AM
    As a "newbie" to the Blackberry world, let me say that this an AWESOME thread for those trying to learn to create themes and my thanks goes out to the ones who started it. It has really helped a lot with understanding what goes on (although it will take me some time to figure out all the intricacies of the composer!)

Attached is a theme that I created using elements from themes 7 & 8 in this thread. The icon focus cursor in theme 7 with the blue and lime color inspired what I came up with. I used the base idea of theme 8 and combined the icons from theme 7. I replaced the battery icon with one that I got from somewhere else, and recolored some buttons, underlays, and carets that I also got from somewhere to match the overall colors. Resized and recolored some fonts for better visibility.The wallpaper (included in the zip) was one I got from the wallpaper section here on Crackberry. I have included a base version, along with a "dark" version. In keeping with the spirit of sharing which started this thread, I have included all items used in this theme in the zip file. Hope someone else enjoys this theme too!
    10-01-09 02:42 PM
    I think my zip file was too large to upload, is there someone I could send it to to post?
    10-01-09 02:47 PM
    Actually I guess I can post the Desktop Manager theme files, just not all the supporting stuff! The third file contains the additional images I used that were not part of theme 7 & 8.
    10-01-09 03:10 PM
    As a "newbie" to the Blackberry world, let me say that this an AWESOME thread for those trying to learn to create themes and my thanks goes out to the ones who started it. It has really helped a lot with understanding what goes on (although it will take me some time to figure out all the intricacies of the composer!)

Attached is a theme that I created using elements from themes 7 & 8 in this thread. The icon focus cursor in theme 7 with the blue and lime color inspired what I came up with. I used the base idea of theme 8 and combined the icons from theme 7. I replaced the battery icon with one that I got from somewhere else, and recolored some buttons, underlays, and carets that I also got from somewhere to match the overall colors. Resized and recolored some fonts for better visibility.The wallpaper (included in the zip) was one I got from the wallpaper section here on Crackberry. I have included a base version, along with a "dark" version. In keeping with the spirit of sharing which started this thread, I have included all items used in this theme in the zip file. Hope someone else enjoys this theme too!
    Now that's what I'm talking about!! Nice job! I'm glad you were able to learn from the thread. That's the whole point of it. Keep up the good work and have fun with it.
    10-01-09 04:16 PM
    Thanks for the comments. Too bad as pointed out in some of the posts on this thread that there are those who have abused what you guys have done here, it's really great and useful, and there is no reason not to share what any of us put together from your base works. Thanks again!
    10-01-09 04:51 PM
    thanks very much to ALL who have contributed.. im trying my hardest to figure this out, but im a little slow. lol.. Much respect to you all..
    10-01-09 08:39 PM
    Actually I guess I can post the Desktop Manager theme files, just not all the supporting stuff! The third file contains the additional images I used that were not part of theme 7 & 8.
    You can grab a rapidshare account for free, that's where I've put my source files
    10-02-09 08:39 AM
    jaxjon - I just love the theme you put together for blachance 75. Could you make it available for download, pretty please?
    10-02-09 09:40 AM
    jaxjon - I just love the theme you put together for blachance 75. Could you make it available for download, pretty please?

Same here man. I am really diggin that one.
    10-02-09 10:59 AM
    Same here man. I am really diggin that one.
    Ok I'll do it when I get home today...I can't remember the OTA address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 12:11 PM
    Here is the link to the OTA of blachance75's custom. All of the files needed to make this already have been posted here, they have just been tweaked. Of course, it will be a little different than the one Brian posted as he has customized the customization as stated in his post.

http://mobihome.awardspace.com/x1_4_..._blachance.jad
    10-02-09 06:28 PM
    jaxjon - Thanks for the quick response. One more request if you have the time. Is it possible to change the application screen from blue to black?

If you have a donation account, I would be more than happy to provide a donation for your time!
    10-02-09 10:33 PM
    jaxjon - Thanks for the quick response. One more request if you have the time. Is it possible to change the application screen from blue to black?

If you have a donation account, I would be more than happy to provide a donation for your time!
    I can do a carbon fiber bg that would look good and also allow the black icons to be seen well. I'll get it done this evening after work.

10-03-09 04:29 AM

People really should just jump in, download Plazmic and the source files (which are all available either in the first post, or in later posts) and at least make an attempt to make changes themselves. especially when it's things like colors, backgrounds and icons. I can't emphasize enough how easy some of the custom requests people are making are.

Also that is the point of this thread, to develop a community theme that people can help evolve, as well as learn from. By making jaxjon do all the work you're not going to learn anything.

Give jaxjon a bit of a break, he deserves it
    10-03-09 07:12 AM
    I think I'm gonna take the dive and attempt this. Thanks guys.
    10-03-09 10:33 AM
    People really should just jump in, download Plazmic and the source files (which are all available either in the first post, or in later posts) and at least make an attempt to make changes themselves. especially when it's things like colors, backgrounds and icons. I can't emphasize enough how easy some of the custom requests people are making are.

Also that is the point of this thread, to develop a community theme that people can help evolve, as well as learn from. By making jaxjon do all the work you're not going to learn anything.

Give jaxjon a bit of a break, he deserves it
    Zachriel - You are right. When I get a opportunity, I will give it a shot. It's just that with small children those opportunities are sometimes rare...
    10-03-09 11:45 AM
    I really don't mind helping those who need help, but Zachriel is correct in that some of the things asked for can be done quite easily and who knows you just might learn something too. Also as Robert1034 alluded to, time constraints come into play also. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you get in a difficult spot, and I and Zachriel will do our best to get you through it. Think of it this way...change "can you" to "how do you" and empower yourself with knowledge.

10-03-09 12:19 PM
    Trust me, once you start playing around with the themes, you may find it hard to stop!! I already have a couple other versions that I have made using some ideas out of this thread that I will try to get posted in the next couple days. It has been pretty cool and pretty fun playing around with this stuff, and once you get the hang of it you can get some really good stuff going on! Hats off to these guys!
    10-03-09 05:07 PM
    2 new themes have been posted to the second post in the thread (ran out of room on the first ) Theme 9 and 10!!
    10-03-09 05:57 PM

blachance x1 theme app background has been updated to a carbon fiber background...looks great!!
    10-03-09 06:15 PM
    Trust me, once you start playing around with the themes, you may find it hard to stop!! I already have a couple other versions that I have made using some ideas out of this thread that I will try to get posted in the next couple days. It has been pretty cool and pretty fun playing around with this stuff, and once you get the hang of it you can get some really good stuff going on! Hats off to these guys!
    That's what I like to hear
    10-04-09 10:26 AM
    Attached is a theme that I created using elements from themes 7 & 8 in this thread. The icon focus cursor in theme 7 with the blue and lime color inspired what I came up with. I used the base idea of theme 8 and combined the icons from theme 7. I replaced the battery icon with one that I got from somewhere else, and recolored some buttons, underlays, and carets that I also got from somewhere to match the overall colors. Resized and recolored some fonts for better visibility.The wallpaper (included in the zip) was one I got from the wallpaper section here on Crackberry. I have included a base version, along with a "dark" version. In keeping with the spirit of sharing which started this thread, I have included all items used in this theme in the zip file. Hope someone else enjoys this theme too![/QUOTE]

Here is a link to the complete theme builder files used for this theme:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    10-04-09 03:27 PM
    Just downloaded OpenSource 10 to try my hand at modifying and designing my own themes and got the following error when the svg file gets loaded in composer:

SVG failed to import correctly.
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Users\David\Documents\blackberry\Open Source 10\bottomDock1.2.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined

Anyone know what the problem causing this is?
    10-04-09 03:32 PM
    Here is another theme I created using various parts from some of the themes in this post, using some meters and wallpapers I had. The base menu system is the one from the X1 ZEdition source, with the image modified to remove the mail and media text. The file still works the same way it did with hot spots across the top for profiles, media, clok, messages, and connections, in the middle for app list, and the bottom for options, contacts, and quicklaunch, and of course the dual 8 icon docks. I swapped the meters on the front page, changed some fonts/colors, cursors and header backgrounds, and added some other wallpapers for the screens. I have attached Desktop Manager files and a link to the themebuilder files (which also includes my modified image, wallpapers, etc.). Enjoy!

Complete Theme builder files:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    10-04-09 03:38 PM
475 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD