The "mask" file is just a png i used for hiding the button press effect on the icon i am using for the weather. In order to use this, you need to open the .thm file in theme builder.
    09-18-09 03:24 PM
    The "mask" file is just a png i used for hiding the button press effect on the icon i am using for the weather. In order to use this, you need to open the .thm file in theme builder.
    i did but how do i hide it all
    09-18-09 03:29 PM
    I'm new to theme building. Really, the only thing that i have changed in this theme is the clock and i rearranged the notification icons. The only modification i made to the svg file was the icon slot positions in order to make the weather app work.
    You will need to install/create a font that has a larger face than what is default with theme builder. I didn't include it as i am only allowed to use it for personal use. Find one you like and install it in your OS and in theme builder and use it for the "Time" element.
    09-18-09 03:29 PM
    i did but how do i hide it all
    Depends on what you are trying to hide....
    09-18-09 03:31 PM
    Depends on what you are trying to hide....
    all hidden buttons like on fullview
    09-18-09 03:34 PM
    lol.......I think i see the confusion here. This isn't the theme you are looking for....I went back a few posts and i believe you have me confused with "jaxjon". Sorry.....you need to search the themes forum for the fullview theme.....
    09-18-09 03:42 PM
    lol.......I think i see the confusion here. This isn't the theme you are looking for....I went back a few posts and i believe you have me confused with "jaxjon". Sorry.....you need to search the themes forum for the fullview theme.....
    oops sorry
    09-18-09 03:47 PM
    oops sorry
    I see I missed quite a bit in the last few hours. Here is the link to the Fullview theme I mentioned earlier http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fu...-theme-285220/
    ncf632, I will pm you with the info you asked for, check your messages in a little bit.
    Almost all of what is done on the homescreen for Fullview is done in Composer, not Theme Builder. Composer is where the fun is!
    09-18-09 04:17 PM
    super thanks for your sharing
    09-19-09 12:39 PM
    I downloaded the source files from here and was successful in making a theme. However, i wanted to relocate and resize the two hidden spots for the options and ql apps. After i edit the svg to resize the "hotspots" and export it, it either comes out as though it were compiled, meaning i can't read it in notepad to edit the icon slots, or it is readable but the svg file looks really weird and the icon slots are numbered very strangely. In essecence, i am unable to edit the svg file in composer without it going crazy on me. Am i missing something here?
    09-20-09 12:58 AM
    I downloaded the source files from here and was successful in making a theme. However, i wanted to relocate and resize the two hidden spots for the options and ql apps. After i edit the svg to resize the "hotspots" and export it, it either comes out as though it were compiled, meaning i can't read it in notepad to edit the icon slots, or it is readable but the svg file looks really weird and the icon slots are numbered very strangely. In essecence, i am unable to edit the svg file in composer without it going crazy on me. Am i missing something here?
    You must export..don't save or it will come out like it was compiled. Also composer will reset the device order to start at 0 so each export you will need to check your slot numbers to make sure they are right in the theme button and loadscene for each theme button as well as the hotshots that are set to device app order. Make sure both areas are using the same slot number for each button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 04:23 AM
    You must export..don't save or it will come out like it was compiled. Also composer will reset the device order to start at 0 so each export you will need to check your slot numbers to make sure they are right in the theme button and loadscene for each theme button as well as the hotshots that are set to device app order. Make sure both areas are using the same slot number for each button.

Thanks for the info about not saving as that was the issue with the svg getting compiled. However, now it seems that when i export, it is only giving me the "loadscene" portion and is omitting the "useapplicationicons" information altogether. The file size also dramatically increases....from 131kb to over 550 kb......
    09-20-09 09:15 AM
    Here's my custom from Jax:

I really like this theme a lot. Just wanted to thank Jax and everyone else that has contributed to the open source theme. BTW it's running like a charm on 230 without so much as a tenth of app memory lost in over 12 hours.
    Whered you get that wallpaper?

09-20-09 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the info about not saving as that was the issue with the svg getting compiled. However, now it seems that when i export, it is only giving me the "loadscene" portion and is omitting the "useapplicationicons" information altogether. The file size also dramatically increases....from 131kb to over 550 kb......
    Probably don't edit the svg...edit the cp file (should be attached, if not let me know). I may have added the layer "buttons" after exporting the svg depending upon which theme you are trying to edit, sometimes it will mess things up if you edit the svg out of composer and the reload it into composer.
    09-21-09 07:44 AM
    http://i27.tinypic.com/244a68p.jpg
    Jaxjon,can u make this 10i w/ WB slot,pls.?This theme is rock!
    09-21-09 07:50 AM
    Whered you get that wallpaper?

My bedroom
    09-21-09 08:24 AM
    My bedroom
    nice!
    09-21-09 08:28 AM
    Probably don't edit the svg...edit the cp file (should be attached, if not let me know). I may have added the layer "buttons" after exporting the svg depending upon which theme you are trying to edit, sometimes it will mess things up if you edit the svg out of composer and the reload it into composer.
    thanks...i will try that tonight.

09-21-09 11:29 AM
    i have it downloaded and playing with it, just want to make a today theme.

how do i do this?
    09-21-09 03:51 PM
    Haven't checked how this is going for a little while, but will try and make time to go through and up date the OP with any theme additions.

Cheers
    09-21-09 05:55 PM
    All -- I've wanted to get into theme building for a while now, but didn't have the time to think about it before this. Now that I'm "between jobs" (hopefully not long) I've decided to give it a try, and I'm currently wrestling with the various downloads and installs -- jre, jdk, jde, cdk, simulators, etc. Also running into the "507" simulator issue when I try to launch it from within themebuilder (although I seem to be able to run it from it's own icon). Just about ready to play with all this when I found this thread...

Fantastic work here -- gorgeous themes. I've got an 8900, and was thinking that I might be able to make use of some of the work here, and contribute back material ported for the 8900. I'll have to experiment to see how it goes.

Thanks for all the work, attention to detail and the beautiful designs. Open Source is a great idea for this. Hopefully we'll start seeing a lot more creative themes for our beloved blackberry's.

If anyone here can point me to good, current, resources re: themebuilding I'd appreciate it. I've been in software developement in many capacities for many years, so I'm not worried about the learning curve. Just want to see what resources are available, if any, beyond the standard Plazmic docs (which seem pretty scanty, and don't address issues like the 507 simulator problem).

Thanks!
    09-22-09 01:02 PM

jaxjon and zachriel i was wondering if you guys could use the theme above and add 2 more rows and have 4 rows all together and have it slide to another row of four kind of like jerdes iberry theme.could you guys make this happen?
    09-22-09 03:20 PM

jaxjon and zachriel i was wondering if you guys could use the theme above and add 2 more rows and have 4 rows all together and have it slide to another row of four kind of like jerdes iberry theme.could you guys make this happen?
    That would be easy enough today (although unfortunately I don't have time to do it right now) however I can imagine having 32 icons accessable on the homescreen could slow things down a bit.

In fact, I'm sure you would be able to do it yourself. Open the composer file, deplicate the layer that contains the icons, move them then drag and drop them into the existing icon layer (the reason I say duplicate the layer and not the icons, is that in my experence duplicating the icons causes their animation keys to mess up). Export the svg and edit the slot info using a post jaxjon made quite early on in this thread. Easy
    09-22-09 05:03 PM
    If you need help, I watch this thread and will be here to answer any questions you may have.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."
    09-22-09 06:43 PM
    Been messing around with the svg on the os1.1 theme giving is some more color and interactivity. Colors change in coordination with the button, gives it a nice effect. I'm still looking for ways to spice it up a bit.

09-22-09 08:46 PM
475 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD