I had the BB pearl and just switched over to the storm im still getting used to it but had one question on my pearl i was able to change the number of times my alert would ring but on the storm it rings once and stops is there any way of making it ring more than once consecutively
    12-22-08 08:10 PM
    I can't figure out a way to set a reminder either!
    12-22-08 11:42 PM
    I had the BB pearl and just switched over to the storm im still getting used to it but had one question on my pearl i was able to change the number of times my alert would ring but on the storm it rings once and stops is there any way of making it ring more than once consecutively
    dont know but i would like to know
    12-27-08 03:17 AM
    me too, coming from the pearl... is there a way to make all messages show up in the messages icon, and not in the separate messages and mms/sms icons?

Brandon
    12-27-08 08:52 PM
    open up messages folder

menu button
    options
    general options
    sms and email inboxes...

on the curve and the pearl they are defaulted to theme controlled.
    12-27-08 09:21 PM

as far as for this, did you try---

open up sounds
    set ringtones and alerts
    vibration (custom)
    change your length and how many times and to in and out of holster.

i keep my phone on vibrate and i imagine thats how you would do it, so if anyone in this thread wants to try it i think that shoud work =)
    12-27-08 09:26 PM
    i tried that it doesnt work
    12-29-08 09:30 PM
    never mind i tried it again after rereading the instructions it WORKS but only for vibrate not the alert thanks
    12-29-08 09:35 PM
    i found a site that had all of the standard bb sounds and edited the sounds I wanted. I just looped the sound file with about 2 seconds of silence inbetween so it acts like the other bb sounds did. 1 file with the alert playing 3 times.
    12-30-08 10:15 PM
    as far as for this, did you try---

open up sounds
    set ringtones and alerts
    vibration (custom)
    change your length and how many times and to in and out of holster.

i keep my phone on vibrate and i imagine thats how you would do it, so if anyone in this thread wants to try it i think that shoud work =)
    This works...when i got my storm in nov i always missed the vibration so I created a separate sound profile called Vibrate Extend so all vibrations have a come in bursts of 3. Works well!
    02-11-09 10:04 AM
    Extending the vibrate is nice but my concern is when being oncall and getting SMS messages while sleeping... need to be able to use extended tones and loud.
    02-21-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD