NOW RELEASED

aeroBerry

Bringing the organized and easy to navigate Windows Media Center interface to your Blackberry!

KDThemes aeroCenter - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    -
    YOUTUBE VIDEO:

A few elements unique to this theme not seen in any other on the market:

Real Time Semi-Transparent to Fully Opaque sliding icons:
    In the middle of the screen when you scroll through the icons in a category (pictured Media Center) the icons not selected are semi-transparent. In real time, when you scroll to the icon, as it slides into the focus frame, it becomes a fully colored opaque image, just like in Windows Media Center

Real Time Offscreen Icon Fades:
    As pictured above, icons that are "coming onto" or "leaving" the screen depending on where your selection is scrolled to begin to fade off-screen if leaving or on-screen if coming. Take a look at the Camera and Videos icons for examples.

4 Category Easy Transitions:
    Scrolling up and down accesses your categories (Messaging, Media Center, Applications, Control Panel) and as you scroll between the categories, it quickly and effortlessly takes you to the section you desire, scrolling quickly to the icons you want, when you want them! Getting to the right app fast just got easier. (Once scrolled to a category, scrolling left or right accesses its applications, scrolling up or down from that point goes to another category)

(PLEASE NOTE: Storm1/2 Versions are OS 5.0 Only and LANDSCAPE HOMESCREEN only! That means that the themes homescreen is only active in landscape mode, flipping it to Portrait reveals only a banner with time, date and other indicators)

Other Features:
    • 19 applications sorted into 4 different categories all on the homescreen
    • 6 User Defined icons for those 3rd party or miscellaneous apps of your choice
    • Hidden Today that pops up when selecting Calendar or Messages under the Messaging Tab (Scroll UP from Msgs or Cal to access hidden today, scroll down from hidden today to go back to messaging tab)
    • Composer garbage code taken out and swapped with handcoded SVG by KD to ensure that this theme runs FAST and EFFICIENT on your device!

Hey Crackberry Theme Addicts!, KD here.

With the success of boxBerry and its use of the "Tabs" feature to organize applications, I wanted to run with that idea and apply it to future themes.

I was navigating through Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360 when I realized how easy it was to get to my videos as opposed to my pictures, how when at my videos section, I could sort everything so easy and just as quickly move to my Music section, or my computer section...it all flowed so well.

I took a step back again and actually looked at the interface design of WMC. Kudos to them for sure for designing such an easy to use interface. I realized how easy it would be to get the basic structure down into a Blackberry...and after figuring out how to do some of the unique elements like real time transparency to full opacity slides and icon fades, I got to work on aeroBerry right away!

Last edited by kdjayo; 07-31-10 at 08:43 PM.
    07-23-10 01:42 AM
    07-28-10 05:13 PM
    YOUTUBE VIDEO:
    07-28-10 06:10 PM
    New aeroCenter Release/Updates

• -All of the text under the icons in the categories have been redone to be more clear crisp and sharp
    • -Due to the inability for the user to change the wallpaper on the Storm versions homescreen, a new darker wallpaper has been added. This includes all trackball/pad devices as well, although on trackball devices you can still change the wallpaper to one of your choice
    • -The application screen and phone call screen wallpapers have been changed to this new darker wallpaper as well to make icon visiblity easier on the eyes
    • -A transparent black dimmer has been added behind the hidden today area on all devices. This shows when highlighting items on the Messaging category, and hides when focused out.
    • -Fixed a very rare bug on some trackball devices that allowed the user to scroll left from the bottom row of icons and switch the categories up, causing the need to reload the theme
    08-08-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD