I am new to making themes and have hit a roadblock. I used to have Daves pro theme and really liked it. I had to get my phone exchanged and I lost the theme, then it was discontinued. People were saying it was based on Pro V4. Whatever.

Anyway, I really like the "launch bar" concept and want to incorporate it into my theme. I just can't figure out how to do it. I want a simple launch bar with 4 non-customizable spots and 5 regular customizable icons above it.

Is there anyway I can download a theme and then import it into theme builder to customize it to my specifications or do I have to build it from scratch? I appreciate any help you folks can provide!
    08-10-10 09:15 PM
    When you export a theme, you are not exporting it as a .thm file like Theme Builder saves it as. You are exporting to:

For Desktop install:
    com_plazmic_theme_xxxxx.alx
    com_plazmic_theme_xxxxx.cod

OTA Install:
    com_plazmic_theme_xxxxx.jad
    com_plazmic_theme_xxxxx.cod (several cod's)

Theme Builder will not import and exported theme.
    08-10-10 09:25 PM
    Thanks for your reply. However, I'm not even to that point yet. I have been playing with Composer and Theme Builder and I can't get them to play nice with each others files. All I want is a simple "launch bar" setup. I don't feel like this should be this complicated but I am at a total loss as to how to make it happen.

I have watched several tutorials on youtube and it is almost like I have to build something in Composer then export it and import it into Theme Builder. But Theme Builder only takes .thm files and Composer won't generate that type of file during export. Did they really have to make it this complicated?
    08-10-10 09:39 PM
    It's really not complicated at all.

Composer exports to a SVG. After you have the launch bar made in composer, you then want to Export it to SVG

Once it is in SVG form then Theme Builder can ready it and use it. To import the SVG into Theme Builder you go to "Theme the Home Screen" and you will see a place to import the SVG.

It will let you know if anything is wrong in the SVG. Once you import it, then it will export as part of the theme.
    08-11-10 12:27 AM
    I hope that makes sense to you, if not I can set up a time with you in our Chatroom and go over the entire process with you.
    08-11-10 12:29 AM
    That actually helps quite a bit! I am going to stumble around in it for a few days and I will check back if I am still lost. Thanks again for your help so far!
    08-11-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD