Changelog:
    04/21/09 - Ported to the Bold, Curve 89xx, Curve 83xx, and Pearl Flip 82xx Devices. Added KMenu with Hidden Bottom Dock for Storm.
    04/08/09 - Added KMenu Editions with 9 or 16 user customizable icons on a hidden "start" menu.

03/31/09 - ALL VERSIONS UPDATED WITH PROFILES ON HOMESCREEN, LARGER, DARKER FONTS, AND MINOR TWEAKS FOR COHESION ACROSS ALL VERSIONS!

03/27/09 - 5-Icon Hidden Dock Weather Edition Added!

03/22/09 - UPDATED ALL WORKING LINKS WITH SOME SUGGESTED CHANGES. STILL NO PROFILES ON HOMESCREEN - SOON THOUGH!

UPDATED w/ Weather & Today Editions!

This is my first shot at a theme. I've been working on it for quite some time now and it is far from perfect but I figured I'd post it here to try and get some input. I'm pretty new to plazmic and the composer but I've got a Bottom Zen version and a Bottom Hidden Dock version in the works. Because I'm new to composer I've been scouring the interwebs figuring out how the whole hidden dock thing works so functionality is sorta wonky at the moment. Feel free to download and try it out. If you do please send me comments and suggestions, as I am always trying to perfect the theme(s).

I've tried to capture the beauty of the KDE 4.2 desktop in a BlackBerry theme. I've tried to stay as true to KDE 4.2 as possible on a BlackBerry. Most all of the icons are the Oxygen icons used in the default KDE 4 desktop, I did have to make a few using existing Oxygen icons as there was nothing available that I saw fit for some apps.

Known Issues:
    Image Banding - The default wallpaper and some of the focus icons suffer from some pretty horrible banding. I've yet to figure out why, the default wallpaper works fine when I use it with the Storm's Precision Zen theme but it gets all wonky when I use it in the theme maker.

Hidden Dock - As I mentioned above, I'm still learning how to use composer so the hidden dock functionality is not what you're probably used to. You un-hide the dock by touching the bottom of the screen, to re-hide it you have to click the profiles icon. This is not the most desirable scenario but it works for now.

KDE 4.2 | Bottom Zen
    OTA | Weather Edition | Today Edition | Today Edition with Weather | 8 Icon Today Edition with Weather
    Home Screen:

Application Menu:

KDE 4.2 | Hidden Dock
    OTA | 5-Icon Hidden Dock Weather Edition
    Home Screen:

Application Menu (it's the same as above):

KDE 4.2 | KMenu Editions

These are both very much in BETA and will most likely see a bunch of changes. Once I'm happy they will be paid themes, until then feel free to enjoy them for free. As always Donations are always appreciated.

12-Icon KMenu with Weather (9 customizable icons, put Weather app in the first position for homescreen access)
    12-Icon KMenu with Weather & Hidden Bottom Dock (14 customizable icons: 1-9 in menu, 10-14 in dock | put Weather app in the first position for homescreen access)

20-Icon KMenu (16 customizable icons)

Bold 90xx - OTA
    Curve 89xx - OTA
    Curve 83xx - OTA
    Pearl Flip82xx - OTA

Last edited by oolunchbox; 04-21-09 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added Weather, 8 Icon, & Today Editions!
    03-19-09 05:16 PM
    very nice work any chance of a wb edition?
    03-19-09 05:27 PM
    wow not bad at all. for a first theme its awesome. i have been looking for a good x windows theme.
    03-19-09 05:39 PM
    were did you find your icons i have build my own theme but i want different icons.
    03-19-09 06:05 PM
    very nice work any chance of a wb edition?
    i guess i'm clueless as to what wb means...?

EDIT: I'm an *****, I got it. I'll pump one out for both the hidden dock and for the Bottom Zen soon.
    Last edited by oolunchbox; 03-19-09 at 06:17 PM.
    03-19-09 06:14 PM
    Job well done! When can we expect a WB Today version? Keep up the great work!
    03-19-09 06:17 PM
    i guess i'm clueless as to what wb means...?
    Weatherbug...people just want a stationary icon on the homescreen in the top corner that shows text all the time so weatherbug can be placed there and display temps.
    03-19-09 06:17 PM
    Dude...you are on top of it! I JUST downloaded the basic zen version too! Oh well...I won't complain.

Initial thoughts:
    -Looks great...love the icons
    -Works very smoothly
    -Today version would be nice
    -When in landscape mode, I prefer to have 3 rows of icons rather than 2
    -Would be nice to be able to change profiles from homescreen for zen version
    -Would be nice if the fonts were a bit larger when viewing emails/SMS lists

All are minor for me so if you could implement these changes....awesome. If not, no big deal. This theme rocks nonetheless!
    03-19-09 06:52 PM
    Nice work for a 1st time themer, I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
    03-19-09 08:26 PM
    I like it... nicely done.
    03-19-09 08:41 PM
    wow not bad at all. for a first theme its awesome. i have been looking for a good x windows theme.
    I second that. An awesome first theme. A lot better than my monumental theme failure last year. Well done.
    03-19-09 08:43 PM
    Very nice work!!
    03-19-09 08:48 PM
    Very nicely done theme! And thank you. I would suggest making the font larger though because it is a little hard to see
    03-19-09 09:24 PM
    I think it looks pretty good, first theme or not.

I second that. An awesome first theme. A lot better than my monumental theme failure last year. Well done.
    I would love to have seen that.
    03-19-09 09:46 PM
    Very very great work!
    03-20-09 03:40 AM
    looking foward to the hidden dock weatherbug edition, a smal question does the portrait and landscape feature the same background image cause im lovin the wallpaper
    03-20-09 03:48 AM
    looking foward to the hidden dock weatherbug edition, a smal question does the portrait and landscape feature the same background image cause im lovin the wallpaper
    +2, Any chance of an 8 icon weatherbug hidden dock version. I likes the app wallpaper as well.
    03-20-09 07:01 AM
    Very nice. Thank you for your hard work.
    03-20-09 07:48 AM
    Very nice work!
    03-20-09 07:52 AM
    Sweet this theme is on its way. Put 8 icons on the WB today no dock home scrn and a donation will be on it's way. Thx for your hard work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 09:04 AM
    awesome man... 8 apps on the homescreen would be sweet.. also clicking the middle giving the app list... other than that pretty nice for sure
    03-20-09 11:19 AM
    Nice work.
    03-20-09 11:28 AM
    i added your theme to http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/be...d-here-186239/ .. some more functionality to the home screen such as clock, profiles, app list would be awesome. the font color could be just a LITTLE darker.. i like the grey but it is just a little too light i think ...8 icon WB with clock functionality and sound profiles.... done
    03-20-09 11:35 AM
    I'd like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm and positive feedback. I'm trying to crank out the requests as quickly as possible while balancing work and my personal life. I'm still new to composer so "wow" functionality is coming but will take a little time. Doing the 8-icon, weatherbug, today, etc are easy because they're just modifications to the existing base theme, whereas the sliding dock takes more time. I've been getting a lot of requests for the profiles to be on the main screen, i'm considering just putting the profiles icon on all the themes by default. I figured I'd come to the people who are using the theme and ask for you input. Please keep the feedback coming and let me know if you think the profiles should be on the homescreen by default.
    03-20-09 11:48 AM
    ok im getting kinda excited at the future of a sliding dock hidden today with weather...bring ittttttt
    03-20-09 12:27 PM
182 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD