Theme name: Mini Border
    Theme author: jaxjon
    Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 95xx .151 compatible, tested on .230,
    Theme Cost: FREE
    Latest Build Date:10/22/09
    Download link(s):

.328 Compatible versions
    These have been reworked to work with 5.0.0.328 OS. They should not have the white bars in the landscape app screen, but the background, battery icon, fonts, and signal icon had to be reset in the app screens to default to make it work.

Mini Border - Hidden Today - 5.0.0.328 Compatible
    Mini Border - Weatherbug Edition - Hidden today - 5.0.0.328 Compatible
    Mini Border - Weatherbug/Meterberry Edition - Hidden Today - 5.0.0.328 Compatible

Mini Border - Hidden Today
    Mini Border - Weatherbug Edition - Hidden today
    Mini Border - Weatherbug/Meterberry Edition - Hidden Today

Features:
    All icons skinned
    10 item hidden today
    20 customizable mini icons on the home screen
    Mini Frame minimizes to give full view of wallpaper with button at bottom of home screen...hit button again to maximize.
    Media Folder setup for 5.0 OS's
    Normal hot spots..Profiles, Clock, Manage connection, App Screen, QuickLaunch, Calendar
    Folders skinned, but don't show until manually changed in 5.0 OS's
    (go to edit folder, press folder icon, choose new icon)

This theme I know won't be for everyone, but it does allow you to have a lot of icons on the home screen while still being able to view your wallpapers. I tried making a Static Today version, but it won't work with the frame bordering on both sides as the Today items cover the icons on the right side. if anyone knows a fix for this let me know.

If you liked Mini Bar, you may like Mini Border...enjoy

Last edited by jaxjon; 11-05-09 at 07:41 PM.
    dragoon008 likes this.
    10-21-09 08:07 PM
    jaxjon lovin the theme would you be able to use the black icons i put on the open source thread for this theme?
    10-21-09 09:47 PM
    another awesome theme, good job
    10-21-09 09:57 PM
    Very nice idea, like the innovation.
    10-21-09 09:58 PM
    Really like this theme. Just wish it worked in landscape mode with .323 OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 10:14 PM
    very cool!!!!!
    10-21-09 10:28 PM
    Really like this theme. Just wish it worked in landscape mode with .323 OS

I am monitoring the thread dealing with this issue and will post a fix when one has been confirmed as long as it doesn't affect the looks of the theme in a major way.

10-22-09 04:22 AM
    Looks really cool...hope you fix the problem with .323 soon...
    10-22-09 06:27 AM
    I found an issue with the Mini Border - Weatherbug Edition - Hidden today version. I have WeatherBug Elite running in the WB spot and it show the temperature under the icon, but the icon does not change. It says the default WB icon and doesn't show what the weather is outside. Can this be fixed? has anyone else noticed this problem? Let me know. Thanks.

10-22-09 09:01 AM
    Nix that. After a reboot, it now is working. I will let you know if the issue arises again. Thanks.

10-22-09 09:07 AM
    Love the theme but had to deleted b/c of the landscape incapatability with .323. I can't wait for the update.
    10-22-09 09:46 AM
    I had to try this. It's actually pretty cool. Since I occassionally use a wallpaper rotation app, it's like having a little picture frame. The 323 bug isn't much of a hinderance for me personally since resets in the new 5.0 builds aren't needed very often.

This is a good weekend theme for me when I don't need the functionality of a Today theme.

Joe
    10-22-09 10:15 AM
    this theme is great... maybe a version where the border is permanent? i know how animated svg's slow the phone sometimes and maybe just throw one more icon there on the bottom
    10-22-09 12:10 PM
    Love the theme but had to deleted b/c of the landscape incapatability with .323. I can't wait for the update.
    This theme will work using the work around, landscape then looks fine on this theme.

Pretty slick looking theme, had to try it out after seeing the screenshots.
    10-22-09 12:17 PM
    Fat Fingers not so good....
    10-22-09 12:24 PM
    this theme is great... maybe a version where the border is permanent? i know how animated svg's slow the phone sometimes and maybe just throw one more icon there on the bottom
    That's the way I had it originally and I can say with confidence that the theme runs just as fast with the movable frame as with it static. The animation is of the entire layer and the code for that is very small.

10-22-09 12:28 PM
    Jon,

Can you do the WB/MB in Purple like you did for me on the Mini Bar? You did the arrow button all of the menu highlights, etc. Donation to follow, thanks!
    10-22-09 01:34 PM
    Jon,

Can you do the WB/MB in Purple like you did for me on the Mini Bar? You did the arrow button all of the menu highlights, etc. Donation to follow, thanks!
    You got it! asap

10-22-09 01:55 PM
    Meterberry actually updates itself on the homescreen using 5.0.323! Not sure if BerryWeather does, too. I'll keep an eye on it but the weather has been pretty stable here today.
    10-22-09 02:31 PM
    Jax looks cool...I'll dl and try it after work...looks like just what I like/want, clean homescreen to see my wallpapers with the ability to get alot of icons.
    QUestion - Just looking at the pictures in your post....it looks to me like the icon for showing/hiding the bar is big? any way to make it more transparent to see your wallpaper? Again this is just from looking at the picture, it looks like everything else is very transparent except for the big arrow button.
    Will see though when i get it installed in a few hours.
    10-22-09 02:53 PM
    Jax looks cool...I'll dl and try it after work...looks like just what I like/want, clean homescreen to see my wallpapers with the ability to get alot of icons.
    QUestion - Just looking at the pictures in your post....it looks to me like the icon for showing/hiding the bar is big? any way to make it more transparent to see your wallpaper? Again this is just from looking at the picture, it looks like everything else is very transparent except for the big arrow button.
    Will see though when i get it installed in a few hours.
    I really like that idea. I'll add that to the next update. Thanks!

10-22-09 03:40 PM
    I updated all three versions to include a transparent button when home screen is in full screen mode (see screen shots in OP).

I also would like to see if someone running .323 can test the mini_border theme (no wb or mb) to see if I have fixed the landscape app screen problem by reverting the landscape background and banner to default. Please let me know so I can offer fixes for all of them and also possibly fix my other themes.

Thanks.
    10-22-09 06:45 PM
    @jaxjon

I'm on .323 so I took up the testing for the landscape issue:

It didn't work bro.
    10-22-09 07:02 PM
    **** (insert four letter word)

Thanks for trying it out. Back to the drawing board.
    10-22-09 07:10 PM
    Jax...looks good (have the wb/mb version)(running .148 - I know...).
    2 more suggestions:
    -how about an option where the entire dock is transparent instead of the grey/black background ? So still see all of wallpaper with icons on top?
    -any way to move the wb/mb icon slots up more? and possibly flip the date & button areas?

The dock is a little "choppy" when it opens for me....like it opens in 3 stages....it still opens fast but a little choppy.

Looks good...2 screenshots(now just have to take the time to rearrange all the icons and make new folders to move things around..ick).
    Ohh and the new icon looks great with a minimized dock I think.
    Last edited by wamphryi; 10-22-09 at 07:35 PM.
    10-22-09 07:14 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD