Hi folks,

i read somewhere about, but can't find it again. So here is my question in a new thread:

Is there a way to safe the menu order? At the moment i'm trying out some themes, but every time i install a new one or even just a update of i theme i have to reorder my menu. I'm tired waisting my time with it, so what is the way you are doing this?

Thanks for your answers, i hope my message gets through my school english ;-)
    02-27-09 03:23 PM
    That would be great to know. As far as I can tell, every new theme means re-organizing all the icons, so can turn into a long process. Would love to know if someone figured out a way around this too.
    02-27-09 03:39 PM
    I've been wanting to know this, too.
    03-01-09 05:54 PM
    Just name your theme version number in order. Look in edit/preferences. Under metadata.

Examples:

Say you name your theme "my theme"

Always fill out your metadata the same, except the version number.

First release: 1.0

Second release: 1.1

And so on.

Make sure the name is the same also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:14 PM
    Just name your theme version number in order. Look in edit/preferences. Under metadata.

Examples:

Say you name your theme "my theme"

Always fill out your metadata the same, except the version number.

First release: 1.0

Second release: 1.1

And so on.

Make sure the name is the same also

Edit: forgot to add.....
    I usually put 3 numbers in mine strictly so I myself won't get confused. 1.5.7

1 for the initial release, middle number is where I make changes to svg content, and last number for theme element changes.

Theme builders must do this while exporting. The user can't change this themselves.
    Last edited by ThemeClones; 03-01-09 at 07:27 PM.
    03-01-09 07:21 PM
    Theme builders must do this while exporting. The user can't change this themselves.
    I think the OP is talking about having the same icon order and what not across all Themes you have installed.

I don't think it would work well, even if it were possible and to my knowledge it isn't. With a variety of themes out there, especially for the Storm so many different layout possiblilities it would ultimately cause more problems in the end. For instance the functional themes that bring a variety of icons to the home screen require icons to be in a certain location and moving to another theme that could put your icons in a different location on the home screen.
    03-01-09 08:20 PM
    I think the OP is talking about having the same icon order and what not across all Themes you have installed.

I don't think it would work well, even if it were possible and to my knowledge it isn't. With a variety of themes out there, especially for the Storm so many different layout possiblilities it would ultimately cause more problems in the end. For instance the functional themes that bring a variety of icons to the home screen require icons to be in a certain location and moving to another theme that could put your icons in a different location on the home screen.
    Sorry I thought he was refering to a theme that he built

03-01-09 08:27 PM

It's all good. Heck, I got excited when you posted about streamlining versions thinking I could go through and do that so icon placement would be consistent throughout themes, lol. Completely ignored the fact the theme developer has to do it.
    03-01-09 09:53 PM
    Unfortunately i am completely unable to build themes

Sorry, my question was not formulated as precise as it should have been. But i think your statement will help some themebuilders to improve the situation.
    03-02-09 03:40 AM
    Icon layout can be specified in Plazmic for dafault icons, but it's unrealistic for a theme builder to set this up for every user

Icon layouts will save between versions, so v1 to v1.1 of a theme will keep the icon layout. However changing to a theme you haven't used before will set the icon layout to what ever has been specified in Plazmic, which most theme builders tend to leave as default.
    03-02-09 04:48 AM
    Icon layout can be specified in Plazmic for dafault icons, but it's unrealistic for a theme builder to set this up for every user

Icon layouts will save between versions, so v1 to v1.1 of a theme will keep the icon layout. However changing to a theme you haven't used before will set the icon layout to what ever has been specified in Plazmic, which most theme builders tend to leave as default.
    are you saying that if i mess with version numbers in Plazmic it will keep the icon "order" on the Storm ? because it's kind of a pain in the you know what to re-do the icons every time i do a small tweak.. so a v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 etc. should keep the order in place ?
    03-02-09 08:47 AM
    are you saying that if i mess with version numbers in Plazmic it will keep the icon "order" on the Storm ? because it's kind of a pain in the you know what to re-do the icons every time i do a small tweak.. so a v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 etc. should keep the order in place ?
    Yes, and make sure the metadata is always the same except the version number.
    03-02-09 08:51 AM
    cool... gonna try this out later, thanks in advance...
    03-02-09 10:28 AM
    Aw man... I was getting excited. It is a real pain to have to re-order everytime you download a new them. Oh well...
    03-02-09 10:31 AM
    made version 1.2 (in the meta data) file name XXX_v12.jad, loaded on the Storm, switched some tabs/icons.

then made version 1.3 (in the meta data) file name XXX_v13.jad, loaded on the Storm, tabs/icons in different order..

damn, had high hopes...
    03-02-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD