Well I've done 2 things today: updated Facebook to 1.6.0.21 and installed the new Solar theme from Elecite (which looks great).

Ever since restarting my memory, which used to go from about 40 MB to 16 MB in a few days, is starting at around 30 MB and drops to less than 1 MB in a matter of minutes!

Is anyone else noticing this?

I'm going to uninstall one at a time and see if I can't figure out if one, both, or neither aforementioned change is causing this.....
    07-07-09 10:46 PM
    Um....having a leaky problem for the past month....and seeing this.....I think I'll wait for u to find out before doing anything with FB.....scary.....
    07-07-09 10:54 PM
    I've updated FB and re-installed App World so I'll see what happens
    07-07-09 10:56 PM
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for u....waiting for ur updates
    07-07-09 11:00 PM
    I installed the new facebook as well as the RIM AIM today. I left my AIM on all day today and for the first time since owning my storm. I saw my app memory hit 0.0kb. I don't know if it was the facebook or leaving AIM on all day but whatever it was, its some bull****.
    07-07-09 11:37 PM
    Find out find out find out!!!! I use to leave Google latitude and msn on all day...the first few months of usage everything was peachy....ever since i started experiencing mem leak...i stopped...i close them when i don't need it....sad....
    07-07-09 11:40 PM
    themes have reputation on leaking memory
    07-07-09 11:43 PM
    probably the theme because i've been using the new fb <b>all</b> day and my mem hasnt dropped below 50, starting at 55
    07-07-09 11:49 PM
    It's that crap *** theme you paid money for. Eveek themes are notorious for being memory hogs and leakers. They look good, but they're sieves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 11:51 PM
    I'm from 34mb to 25mb since I updated Facebook and installed Appworld and I was on App World browsing like crazy last night checking things out..

Might be the theme
    07-08-09 11:52 AM
    After some time, it looks like that memory crash I experienced was a fluke (though not unique - see the comments below Crackberry's front page article on the Solar theme).

With the default theme and new facebook, I'm sitting at a steady state memory of 19 MB, which is about what I had before all of this.

With the new theme and facebook, I'm at about 13 MB.

Without Facebook I'm about 1MB higher regardless of the theme.

So as for why my memory decayed to 0 MB in a few short minutes last night, I have no idea!
    07-08-09 12:31 PM
    installed new Fb and trial version of SeaBattle today. Phone is in cardiac arrest now. attempting to defib now.
    07-08-09 12:45 PM
    Face book and elicite themes are memory hogs. I just manually update facebook because if you leave it on, your mem will go 0 in a hurry.
    07-08-09 12:58 PM
    I posted in 3rd party apps. That facebook was killing
    My app memory . I deleted it and things are back
    To normal.

07-08-09 02:21 PM
    I posted in 3rd party apps. That facebook was killing
    My app memory . I deleted it and things are back
    To normal.

You actually don't need to remove facebook (if you like it), just don't have it running on the background.
    07-08-09 02:23 PM
    You actually don't need to remove facebook (if you like it), just don't have it running on the background.
    It wasn't running in the background. In fact I had
    all of the facebook connections to the outside turned
    Off.

07-08-09 02:47 PM
    It wasn't running in the background. In fact I had
    all of the facebook connections to the outside turned
    Off.

That is bad, I have mine installed but it is off. Maybe a bad load?
    07-08-09 02:49 PM
    My device, at best, has 20 MB of free space. Granted I have a lot of apps downloaded, some of them being very large ones, but are there any ways to increase my free space? Any help would be appreciated
    07-08-09 05:56 PM
    It is Facebook. It is the only new thing I have downloaded in months. Now my memory drops to the low single digits.
    07-08-09 06:45 PM
    After the update my memory was dropping to single digits for the first time. I deleted it and now my memory is stable once again.

07-09-09 12:23 AM
    Its facebook. I've gotta to a battery pull 3 times a day. My memory is below 9 mb by noon.
    07-09-09 04:35 AM
    I have the new Facebook app, and .151, and have not dropped below 40mb...?
    07-14-09 08:51 AM
    I want the solar themeee!!! plissssss,... im from venezuela, and dollars are limited in here.. so i cant buy it... pleaseeee.... someone!!! help me to make my dream come true hehe
    07-22-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD