do all themes cause memory leaks even the paid ones
    05-18-09 02:55 AM
    do all themes cause memory leaks even the paid ones
    The only difference between paid and free is that some charge money for their themes and some don't.
    05-18-09 03:00 AM
    The only difference between paid and free is that some charge money for their themes and some don't.
    ANYways.

No, even free themes have memory leaks, some themes dont have memory leaks on some peoples phones, while others do, some people have OS .75 and run a theme fine, some on the "better" leaked OSs have the same theme and it leaks for them.

Its all a bunch of BS anyways, you can have 5mb memory and your phone will run just fine.

END THE FREE APP MEMORY HYSTERIA, ITS A LIE...like global warming.
    05-18-09 03:21 AM
    ANYways.

No, even free themes have memory leaks, some themes dont have memory leaks on some peoples phones, while others do, some people have OS .75 and run a theme fine, some on the "better" leaked OSs have the same theme and it leaks for them.

Its all a bunch of BS anyways, you can have 5mb memory and your phone will run just fine.

LOL, agreed bro.
    05-18-09 03:24 AM
    ANYways.

+1.

Just so im not spamming, the best theme iv found without memory leaks, are the minimal 5 bold theme by rsmiff and the Enso > Levitation theme by rorschack.

Awesome themes, i dont experiance that much leak using these.

Although im currently using the t-fire theme but i cant find the link
    05-18-09 03:27 AM
    ANYways.

Though I feel there is much too much worry over memory on the boards:
    Your BB will not run fine on 5mb of memory. At around 10mb, your BB will begin to delete phone logs and SMS/MMS messages. This is a function of the OS as a way to gain memory.
    05-18-09 06:24 AM
    Even when I have a really low memory (mine has been around 10mb before), nothing has happened. It got a little slower and I did a battery pull and it was fine. My phone has never deleted any of my SMS messages or anything like that. Pretty much all themes give you memory leaks, but as long as you do a battery pull occasionally, your phone will be fine
    05-18-09 04:15 PM
    Your BB will not run fine on 5mb of memory. At around 10mb, your BB will begin to delete phone logs and SMS/MMS messages. This is a function of the OS as a way to gain memory.
    That hasn't been the case with me. I've had my Storm as low as 0.46MB for nearly 10 hours and it ran nearly as fast as when I have ~30MB+. I was shocked when I saw the read out but didn't restart the device simply because it wasn't causing any problems.

People are way too caught up on that silly number. It's about the performance, not what a number says. If your device begins to slow down, you should reboot regardless of your memory. If it runs fast even with low memory, there isn't much of a point in rebooting.
    05-18-09 04:21 PM
    Well thats not how it works on mine m8, I still had all 50 or so SMS and over 300 emails on my BB with less than 5mb while having over 20 themes on my phone for testing.
    05-18-09 04:22 PM
    what is memory leak?? sorry
    05-18-09 04:41 PM
    thanks for all your help and kdjayo love the htc theme
    05-19-09 09:24 AM
    what is memory leak?? sorry

from what i know its an app or program that sucks up all your phone memory making it run slooooooooowly
    05-19-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD