I am buying one of these themes, just wondering which one is better. Thanks in advance

Edit 1: And why do you prefer that theme over the other?
    Last edited by Lynx83; 04-23-09 at 09:23 AM.
    04-23-09 09:15 AM
    I prefer Mac OS Crystal
    04-23-09 09:18 AM
    I prefer Mac OS Crystal
    why?

10char
    04-23-09 09:20 AM
    I really like the folders concept KD used on Crystal. It has a lot of functionality but doesn't slow your phone down and is less than 1 MB in size. Appleberry is nice but I'm not a big fan of the stack, thats just my opinion
    04-23-09 09:36 AM
    Mac OS Crystal, leaps and bounds above Appleberry Stacks.

Why? The Applications/Messaging/Media folders used are fast and very functional. And with the 8 user dedicated icons on the bottom, there is no need to leave your homescreen.

I switch back and forth between Crystal and E's Win7 theme. Both are great. With the Win7 theme I use quicklaunch a ton, with Crystal there isnt a need for using quicklaunch at all.

Go with Mac OS Crystal, you wont regret it.
    04-23-09 09:40 AM
    I prefer the Mac over anyother theme at the moment. The way like jOhnnyRingo said, the app/messaging/media folders make it perfect. and with the bottom dock too, you pretty much have everything you need and use on the home screen. it also looks great. it doesn't take up a lot of space on the screen, its quick also. doesn't slow your phone down and switching between portrait, landscape, and the app menu is quick
    04-23-09 09:54 AM
    hmmmm maybe ill be purchasing Mac OS crystal... i just with that was bundled together :/
    04-23-09 10:19 AM
    I have AppleBerry and I love the Stacks. Just looked at Mac OS Crystal and I'm torn. I don't know what I think about it, lol
    04-23-09 10:24 AM
    Ok, no Mac OS Crystal for me. The date is cut off on Wednesdays (and just wait until September rolls around, then it'll REALLY be a mess, lol).
    04-23-09 10:30 AM
    If I were you I'd check out Crystal Clear before purchasing anything. There are free versions and you can read all through the thread how people have dropped both of these themes for it.
    04-23-09 10:40 AM
    I'm biased obviously, and I've never tried Mac OS Crystal but AppleBerry is great value. You get eight versions of the theme for $6, and I have a sizable update coming next month which will add new images and graphics to all versions, and will also include a totally new flavour. (AppleBerry Dark) All in all you'll end up with twelve variations.

You can expect long running support for my theme, I don't jump from theme to theme like many other developers do. Plus if you ever change your device AppleBerry can go with you, since as I port it to different devices all you have to do is email me and I'll set you up with it. (=

I'd recommend trying the free version of AppleBerry at the very least and judge from there.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-23-09 10:48 AM
    I'm biased obviously, and I've never tried Mac OS Crystal but AppleBerry is great value. You get eight versions of the theme for $6, and I have a sizable update coming next month which will add new images and graphics to all versions, and will also include a totally new flavour. (AppleBerry Dark) All in all you'll end up with twelve variations.

You can expect long running support for my theme, I don't jump from theme to theme like many other developers do. Plus if you ever change your device AppleBerry can go with you, since as I port it to different devices all you have to do is email me and I'll set you up with it. (=

I'd recommend trying the free version of AppleBerry at the very least and judge from there.

Cheers,

Andrew
    Hmmmm since we share the same name maybe ill purchase this theme lol... but for real im so torn in which to buy, both are great themes....
    04-23-09 10:55 AM
    Why don't you purchase Mac OS Crystal and give it a whirl? AppleBerry has a free version that you can use, albeit the free version isn't quite as good as Glass for the "wow" appeal, but it'll give you a sense of what you can expect.

Wait until the next update, and if you think that getting 12 themes for the price of 1 is worth it, then make the switch. (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-23-09 11:06 AM
    I have both and I like both. They both offer qualities the other doesnt. I am using MAC OS crystal right now but I will switch back to Appleberry in a couple months to switch it up. Either way both are very great themes.
    04-23-09 11:11 AM
    Ok, no Mac OS Crystal for me. The date is cut off on Wednesdays (and just wait until September rolls around, then it'll REALLY be a mess, lol).
    That has been fixed in the latest update.
    04-23-09 12:19 PM
    That has been fixed in the latest update.
    Thats for sure, wish people would get there fax straight (yes i said FAX!)
    04-23-09 12:30 PM
    I would go with macosx I have both and I use osx because of its great functionality. I never have to leave the homescreen. It also has very cool animations and it just looks awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 12:40 PM
    Question about the Mac OS theme, when I go to open up something, do I physically have to click down on the screen or just hover over it like the vista compete theme?
    04-23-09 02:21 PM
    Question about the Mac OS theme, when I go to open up something, do I physically have to click down on the screen or just hover over it like the vista compete theme?
    You just tap to open the various menus, no click. It is a very slick theme, I use it.
    04-23-09 02:40 PM
    My initial observations so far (just picked up OS Crystal, have used Appleberry for awhile):

* If you want to see more Today items in your Today area, go with AppleBerry. The Hidden Today on OS Crystal only shows 3 at a time.

* OS Crystal strikes me as a more artistic twist on the OS X UI. AppleBerry (at least Classic - I don't use Glass that much) does more in the way of mirroring exactly what a Mac would look like. Neither is necessarily good or bad - it's just a choice that each user has to make.

*The blue background image for the Application List on OS Crystal shows a little bit more banding than the blue background image for the Application List on AppleBerry. The active call screen background also bands a lot on Crystal, but that one is probably less of an issue because you're not going to be oohing and ahhing over your background while you're on an active call.

*The Plazmic glitch in OS Crystal, while fairly easy to fix, might get bothersome depending on how many times a day/week/etc. you pull your battery, since it recurs every time you reboot.

*AppleBerry cuts off the *, 0, and # keys on the dial pad more than OS Crystal, and has that weird little glitch on some of the screens (dial pad, Messages, SMS/MMS, to name a few) where your home screen wallpaper shows through in a little strip under the banner.

*The Crystal lock screen is way too much Apple logo for my taste, but that's purely a personal opinion observation.
    04-23-09 02:43 PM
    You just tap to open the various menus, no click. It is a very slick theme, I use it.
    Oh man, this is my biggest pet peeve about some themes. I dont know why but if I wanted just a touch screen I would went with a different phone, I may be one of the few who love the sureclick.... I wish this would be an option you can change.
    04-23-09 03:00 PM
    Thats for sure, wish people would get there fax straight (yes i said FAX!)
    well pardon me, jeez.
    04-23-09 03:05 PM
    well pardon me, jeez.
    Atleast your sexy
    04-23-09 03:56 PM
    Oh man, this is my biggest pet peeve about some themes. I dont know why but if I wanted just a touch screen I would went with a different phone, I may be one of the few who love the sureclick.... I wish this would be an option you can change.
    That is only to switch between the main screen folders, hiding the dock and scrolling the dock. You still need to click the app icon to actuate it. Its not as bad as you think, and it is definitely not an iPhone. Dont say you wont buy the theme because of that, to me that is just petty. But what do I know.
    04-23-09 04:03 PM
    Atleast your sexy
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhh
    04-23-09 07:31 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD