I hate to tell people how to design their themes. But I do want to just say that when you are building a theme, from a design stand point the landscape background should always be a solid color or at least a pattern that does not fuse into the icons. I see some really great themes, but some of them are rather arduous to use since you really have to look at your icons that are laid on top of another design.
    03-05-09 08:06 PM
    I hate to tell people how to design their themes. But I do want to just say that when you are building a theme, from a design stand point the landscape background should always be a solid color or at least a pattern that does not fuse into the icons. I see some really great themes, but some of them are rather arduous to use since you really have to look at your icons that are laid on top of another design.
    I agree with you 100%. I follow this rule in all my themes. However, you have to take into consideration that everyone doesn't feel the same way. Some people care more about having bright and colorful backgrounds. I don't care for them personally. I keep my themes clean and sleek. But judging by the comments on some of the "busy" themes, some people prefer them.

It all just boils down to personal preference.
    03-05-09 08:33 PM
    Another basic...get rid of the stock overlay/underlay on the icons! They are so freakin ugly. Also agree with the busy wallpaper argument
    . Most crappy themes have a busy wall and stock icons. Good themes have fully skinned icons and a basic looking wall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD