Since I have had my storm I have been playing with themes some free and some paid for. Themes have made my storm experience very fun and I love a good today theme. I do find that lately (past few days after 7 months of use) that my storm is very unresponsive while running a theme, and only likes the default zen. I am very disappointed since like I said I love today themes. Has anyone else had this on there storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:34 PM
    What OS are you using?
    Closing out of apps when you're done?
    How many themes do you have on your phone?
    Available app mem?
    07-27-09 03:51 PM
    I'm on .148 official, and since jan. When I got this phone I have been using CB to keep it steam lined and running smooth. I keep track of open apps..and my memory. It seems like my phone just started to reject themes. I have been using the same theme for a long time and all of a sudden its no good on my phone. Oh well...at least I have some good wall papers.

07-27-09 04:20 PM
    You must have done something in the past week or so for it to start acting up on you. I'm always looking for new themes, and I have about 4 or 5 of them on my phone right now that I switch back and forth with no problems.

Some of them that I have installed haven't worked right away, so they get deleted in a matter of minutes. Just try some more out, you will find one that will work great and suit your needs.

Oh and have yet to purchase a theme for my Storm.
    07-27-09 05:10 PM
    Install .151.

Problem solved!
    07-27-09 05:36 PM
    I've never had and issue and I have ten of them on my phone right now. Once I even had 14 themes with no issues. LOL I'm a theme freak

07-27-09 05:47 PM
    I've never had and issue and I have ten of them on my phone right now. Once I even had 14 themes with no issues. LOL I'm a theme freak

Good thing you are part of the beta team Jose or you would be broke my friend
    07-27-09 06:04 PM
    The main problem is that the themes that I have been using for months are acting up. My only new addition is smrtguard

07-27-09 06:15 PM
    there ya go. Smrtguard messed up my phone too. I know I didn't do something right, but I didn't keep it on my phone to find out..
    07-28-09 07:59 PM
    Install .151.

Problem solved!
    +1 on that! The Storm is no fun without a cool theme!
    07-28-09 09:33 PM
    SmrtGuard made my phone really laggy back when I had the beta version. I haven't tried the official version.

07-29-09 09:16 PM
    I've yet to find one that didn't have a real negative effect on memory. Still, that alone isn't enough to turn me off themes, but when you add in all the sliding docks and animations, it does impact the phone. Guess it comes down to personal preference. Do you want the look or do you want the pep? Personally, I'm an impatient sort. I want my phone to respond and respond quickly when I issue a command. It does that with the stock theme. The only area that I find lacking with the stock theme is a today screen.
    07-30-09 07:26 AM
    Install .151.

Problem solved!
    +1, I wasn't happy with .148 at all, but .151 is great and very stable.
    07-30-09 10:57 AM
    Consider checking out :|: elle :|:, linked in my sig. Very good performance, verified by many to be memory stable and just as snappy as the default Precision Zen theme
    07-30-09 01:34 PM
    Consider checking out :|: elle :|:, linked in my sig. Very good performance, verified by many to be memory stable and just as snappy as the default Precision Zen theme
    Gave it a look, but it appears you have to try and recall which "hot spot" goes with which app. Just don't think I want the challenge. Prefer the easy/dummy way.....having the app icon show on the home screen.
    07-30-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD