Quick question, why is Elecite the only talented themer that can get that bad @ss clock like on his Hero theme?? Every other Hero theme has the basic "androidish" clock, but not the flip clock with seperator between....Anyone?
    11-15-09 09:06 PM
    there are others. just not on crackberry. why don't you try to create it yourself and see what you come up with.
    11-15-09 09:47 PM
    I have tried to play around with theme studio, but unfortunately not everybody can do it, or we would! I know some source files have been posted but they are not like the clock on Elecite's. If I could get that clock, I would do my own theme...Any ideas?
    11-15-09 09:49 PM
    Does the clock actually flip?
    11-15-09 10:28 PM
    Does the clock actually flip?

Not sure, all I've ever seen are the pics! But, they pics are nice!
    11-15-09 10:32 PM
    mr diesel check yer pm
    11-15-09 10:33 PM
    Does not actually flip.
    11-15-09 10:34 PM
    X, Check your PM.
    11-15-09 10:59 PM
    X, Check your PM.
    Elecite just simply made or found a font that has seperation neccessary to create the space in between the numbers...Hard to explain because its not used like a normal font....my friend who makes fonts for a living tried to explain it to me but i was like "eff it i dont understand!!"
    11-16-09 01:59 AM
    I would absolutely love to know how he did that.
    I have been tinkering with that for weeks.

Really like the look of the HTC touchflo and have been beating my head against the wall trying to recreate it.

Aside from the stock zen icons of course, which I don't think I will change
    11-16-09 06:50 AM
    I once tried to embed a javascript clock inside the svg, but have found out since that we use svg tiny which does not support scripting.
    11-16-09 07:53 AM
    It's not complicated.

If you notice, the ":" symbol is missing in the Elecite clock, that's the giveaway right there.

If you create a font with an incredibly wide ":" character that is invisible, the BlackBerry renders it as normal, but includes the extra wide space between the hour and minutes.

Neat, eh?
    11-16-09 08:38 AM
    Elecite just simply made or found a font that has seperation neccessary to create the space in between the numbers...Hard to explain because its not used like a normal font....my friend who makes fonts for a living tried to explain it to me but i was like "eff it i dont understand!!"
    If it's beyond KD, I'm not even going to think about replicating it :P
    11-16-09 08:40 AM

If you create a font with an incredibly wide ":" character that is invisible, the BlackBerry renders it as normal, but includes the extra wide space between the hour and minutes.

Neat, eh?
    After reading this, I took a closer look at the stock Flip Clock on the Storm and noticed how awkwardly spaced the numbers look (no ":" on that clock either.)
    11-16-09 09:28 AM
    It's not complicated.

If you notice, the ":" symbol is missing in the Elecite clock, that's the giveaway right there.

Neat, eh?
    So I am assuming by what you are saying is that this cannot be done outside of composer yes ?

Does composer allow you to import fonts ?
    11-16-09 10:20 AM
    So I am assuming by what you are saying is that this cannot be done outside of composer yes ?

Does composer allow you to import fonts ?
    1) Create special font with extra wide, invisible ":" symbol.
    2) In the Theme Builder, set your "Time" font on the homescreen window to said font.

You wouldn't want to create a clock in composer, that would be difficult and you're better off letting the OS handle that task with the default one.
    11-16-09 10:26 AM
    If it's beyond KD, I'm not even going to think about replicating it :P
    No no no its not BEYOND me, or beyond anyone really, you just have to find a font or make one that has the proper spacing in between one of the characters so it spreads it out like that....super easy, just I dont know of any fonts or how to make fonts :P and not really interested in learning

EDIT: Or you can just read hastings post, didnt see it. hes right
    11-16-09 10:54 AM
    1) Create special font with extra wide, invisible ":" symbol.
    2) In the Theme Builder, set your "Time" font on the homescreen window to said font.

You wouldn't want to create a clock in composer, that would be difficult and you're better off letting the OS handle that task with the default one.
    But how do you import the font into theme builder ?
    I have looked in the font folder in plazmic and they are all .cbtf files.
    I have even tried to convert a truetype font to .cbtf but cannot do it...
    11-16-09 11:05 AM
    You dont import it in, you just install the font to your computer, restart Plazmic/Theme Studio and it should be there.

I HAVE noticed that not ALL fonts show up for some reason, so you are best off editing a font that already successfully shows up there and editing it yourself.
    11-16-09 11:36 AM
    Download the font that you plan on using, and toss it into your /Windows/Fonts folder. Restart the theme builder and it should appear.

Or just read kdjayo's post above. =P
    11-16-09 11:49 AM
    Will give it a shot...
    Thanks guys
    11-16-09 12:32 PM
    Download the font that you plan on using, and toss it into your /Windows/Fonts folder. Restart the theme builder and it should appear.

Or just read kdjayo's post above. =P
    Lol maybe we should start reading posts before we post ourselves???

....or you can just read Common Sense's post above.
    11-16-09 12:44 PM
    Nice job figuring this out, guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 12:46 PM
    Here is a try at the flip clock, Not a hero theme but a BB Flip Clock Theme
    with Animated Second Ticker

Last edited by Legolus; 11-20-09 at 02:47 PM.
    11-20-09 05:42 AM
    Very nice theme, but why does it have to be 24 hour to work properly? I'm not on 24 hour time here!
    11-20-09 10:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD