As far as the organization of this forum is concerned, this thread practically adheres to the socially-evolved guidelines. Invariably, I've missed some arbitrarily placed thread or difficult-to-find information concerning the organization of the themes portion of the site. I've come to terms with it.

Honestly, I enjoy browsing these parts but how does this not frustrate the **** out of you guys? I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding a theme I was interested in downloading from a couple of days ago and it's kind of ridiculous. I really doubt I'm alone. In fact, it's laughable that the only sticky here is actually just a question about whether or not you can switch themes while some members have taken the time to compile awesome lists of OTA themes. I understand that it's a popular section of the site but how is this not segmented into "Request," "Dev," and "Finished Themes?"
    03-21-09 03:16 AM
    agreed, we need 3 subforums, request, dev, and finished is a great idea.

kevin>?
    03-21-09 03:20 AM
    great idea........call in the mods !!
    03-21-09 03:34 AM
    I have a hard time believing that I'm the first one to whine about such a seemingly obvious "feature," if you could call it that. Over a million storms have been sold and the most popular consumer Blackberry site is effectively chaos.
    03-21-09 04:03 AM
    ++ on the sticky idea
    03-21-09 05:59 AM
    Anything I am interested in, I subscribe to..
    If there is something per chance I missed, but wanted to know about, I wouldnt know it cuz I missed it anyway.
    hmmm..what did I just say?
    03-21-09 06:56 AM
    I have a hard time believing that I'm the first one to whine about such a seemingly obvious "feature," if you could call it that. Over a million storms have been sold and the most popular consumer Blackberry site is effectively chaos.
    Whilst you wait for someone ti get off their *** and sort it. Bookmark or subscribe to this http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/al...s-here-163223/. I update it on a daily basis. Hope this helps relieve some of the frustration for you.
    03-21-09 07:12 AM
    Err just playing around with this....

FlashyBerry Themes Downloads for your Blackberry Phones!! Share System - Downloads

Right now it only alows for a zip alx archive or a url to an OTA..

Extream beta though..
    03-21-09 10:33 AM
    thats why i tried to make this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/be...d-here-186239/

just compiling a list of the best themes.. either this thread or the themes listed in it need to be stickied
    03-21-09 10:36 AM
    I agree with the idea! And in the "Finished Themes" sub-forum, there should be "Free" and "Premium (Pay)"
    03-21-09 11:07 AM
    A request sticky is a great idea since so many people are doing it now..
    03-21-09 11:12 AM
    i agree 100% with the OP. the organization of the forums in general leads to a lot of redundant threads. many OP started a thread after not having been able to find their answers using "search" only to get someone to tell them "this has been asked before (dumb a**!)"....

i seriously doubt that anyone here want to appear stupid

i think not that many of us have raised the question about the forum organization because there are a few kinds of users here:

1. the masters/geniuses - they have been using it forever so they know the forum like the back of their hands so the organization is no problem

2. newbies who are just so in awe of the forum they want to fit in and not complain too much.

3. users like me who is getting used to the forum and having developed ways to work around the difficulties to find info

i wonder sometimes though how much the people who maintain the site gets paid. there are millions of posts into this site and i bet it's a pain in the a** to maintain.

i'm so wordy sometimes....
    03-21-09 11:14 AM
    Very well put sir. Personally I don't think anyone checks these threads very often. Like some else mentioned, I would suggest subscribing to a thread which you might believe will be updated in the future.

Otherwise, have fun weeding through the ridiculous "make a battlestar gallactica theme" requests that plague this forum. Also, If you attempt to tell someone that their post is repetitive or out right silly, the hoards of sensitive babies around here might call you an asss. However, please do not bite your tongue; otherwise the mentally challenged posters might not think twice when slopping down something on a whim which inevitability clutters the shat out of the forum as you described.
    Last edited by jbcb3; 03-21-09 at 11:24 AM.
    03-21-09 11:19 AM
    Can somebody please explaint o me how to subscribe to a thread, I have not seen anything anywhere to do this..thank you.
    03-21-09 11:26 AM
    nevermnd just found out
    03-21-09 11:27 AM
    i was about to ask the question myself..where ar ethe stickys?

some days ago i saw a post regrouping mant themes..i dont see it know i guess i have to dig in the pile
    03-21-09 12:33 PM
    Good Luck with this...i suggested same idea a week or so ago, and was pretty well shot down.
    03-21-09 02:12 PM
    Whilst you wait for someone ti get off their *** and sort it. Bookmark or subscribe to this [link]. I update it on a daily basis. Hope this helps relieve some of the frustration for you.
    aha, well..this thread became an effective way for me to find your thread. It was exactly what I was looking for. Good job on it, by the way.

Anything I am interested in, I subscribe to..
    If there is something per chance I missed, but wanted to know about, I wouldnt know it cuz I missed it anyway.
    hmmm..what did I just say?
    Oh yeah, I understand that but I didn't suspect I would have such a hard time finding the thread in the quote above. Two people posted great threads listing a bunch of themes and after a 5 minute search in which I found nothing, I decided it wasn't worth my time anymore.

Good Luck with this...i suggested same idea a week or so ago, and was pretty well shot down.
    Figured it's been suggested. Glad it's been brought up before but too bad nothing came of it :/
    03-21-09 03:13 PM
    glad i am not alone.....was always of the opinion that this site is far Superior in terms of content providing, but it is also equally inferior in terms of clean look & classification
    03-21-09 03:19 PM
    Might as well bump this.

It's a joke that this hasn't even been addressed. Not the suggestion/issue itself but acknowledgment by a mod. I'm not familiar with who's who and what's what but if a mod hasn't seen this, I'd be surprised.
    03-22-09 01:45 PM
    ^yea exactly.........i guess nobodies concerned
    03-22-09 02:53 PM
    bumpity bump bump
    03-31-09 01:36 PM
    I would also like to see this done. The theme section is chaotic. As blackberry users we are, for the most part, organized. This forum appears to be disconnected from that characteristic.
    04-01-09 01:08 PM
    This site is indeed a great site, couldn't use my blackberry to its fullest without it but indeed it needs a cleaner look, somewhat more organized.

The theme section could start with just the name of the themes instead of , check this ....... bla bla and you need ..........bla. just the title of the theme should be sufficient.

and indeed some subforums - requested themes and finished themes.

OMG I had to go 4 pages back for a thread I looked in yesterday, which was replied in today, that's crazy ( so am I, so it really doesn't matter :P )

Of course subscribing is an option but, I like a lot of threads , so I have to subscribe to a lot, which will make it unorganized for myself.

Hopelfully something can be done about this, great thinking guys

now I'm off to bed , goodnight
    04-01-09 03:43 PM
    *bump*
    I find this to be a growing problem on this site overall. It takes forever to find any useful piece of info.
    I have to weed thru more crap than other forums that I visit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 01:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD